• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who’s the SH Air Gunners???

I had a bad experience with the PCP world and have been kinda hesitant to get back into it. As a kid I spent a lot of money on a Career 707 rifle and the hand pump. The rifle came filled and I had so much fun with it until it was time to fill. The fill probe it came with didn't work, so I bought a replacement probe. When that came, it still didn't fill. So I got a ride to a SCUBA diving store that was like 30 miles from me. After jerry rigging the replacement probe with a shit ton of silicone or teflon tape, it managed to fill with the compressor used to fill SCUBA tanks. After I shot all the air out of it, I was done with it and sold it and lost a lot of money doing so, but I kept the pump.

Anyways, as of right now my beast of an airgun is a Hatsan Carnivore 130. It's a .30 caliber gas-piston. I honestly am not a big fan of shooting it. It weighs like 10 lbs. without a scope and it's the single hardest to cock airgun I've ever shot. I'm curious what the actual cocking effort is in lbs.
Get a good precharged pneumatic rifle with a basic compressor. You will be shocked at how much fun they are to mess around with. Cheap to shoot and great practice. Lots of great options that won't give you the experience like the 707 did.

Reactions: camocorvette
Get a good precharged pneumatic rifle with a basic compressor. You will be shocked at how much fun they are to mess around with. Cheap to shoot and great practice. Lots of great options that won't give you the experience like the 707 did.

I've been slowly starting to get back into archery and the advent of PCP rifles that shoot air bolts is a pretty intriguing option. Course I'd have to get a target that's rated to stop a bolt that's traveling in excess of 500FPS. o_O

Reactions: woogie_man
I like ze germans too. Also have an alros trailsman which is an interesting little air rifle that nobody ever heard of.

IMG-20210826-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210815-WA0000.jpg

pcps are great fun, but i do like the idea of the break-barrel traditional rifle and a tin of pellets being all you need.

Reactions: drglock
Pcp are good for making lots of power but are the equivalent of nitrous in a car they always run out at the worst possible moment.

My ultimate springer would a whiscombe best of both worlds recoiless and power but I'd have to sell a kidney and my first born.

Reactions: woogie_man
My favourite air gun... Steyr LP50 with home made stock & optisan 10x scope. Not incredibly powerfull, but surprisingly accurate even out to 50 yards.

lp1.jpg

And my second favorite air gun, my Steyr LG110, sporting a March Highmaster 10-60x

lg1101.jpg

Both are used for Field Target competition or similar events.

How many fills would you get from a scuba tank? I'm heavily invested in scuba gear, I have tanks from 100 Cu ft down to 30 Cu Ft.

SCUBA tanks are usually charged to 3,000PSI, but lots of modern PCPs charge higher than that.

Seems like most PCP fills are around 3000, I've got a couple HP tanks that are good for 3500, I'm guessing an 80 Cu Ft tank at 3500 will last a long time. I've also got a set of 100 cu ft doubles that get filled to 2800. :D

Seems like most PCP fills are around 3000, I've got a couple HP tanks that are good for 3500, I'm guessing an 80 Cu Ft tank at 3500 will last a long time. I've also got a set of 100 cu ft doubles that get filled to 2800. :D

Yeah, I don't know much about steel SCUBA tanks and thought that the standard on those was 3,000PSI. However, the carbon fiber tanks go up to 4,500PSI.

Really depends on the air rifle/pistol. Unregulated platforms, take the Ben. Marauder for example, fill to 3000 psi. However, being unregulated, they have a power curve. Fill to max pressure and shoot down over a chrono to get the curve and figure out where your sweet spot for consistent velocity is and fill to that.
My field and target marauder I believe is regulated

Reactions: WeeHooker
Really depends on the air rifle/pistol. Unregulated platforms, take the Ben. Marauder for example, fill to 3000 psi. However, being unregulated, they have a power curve. Fill to max pressure and shoot down over a chrono to get the curve and figure out where your sweet spot for consistent velocity is and fill to that.
Marauder's can be regulated from the factory, so can Air Arms which is what I was looking at last night. I'm just looking for some basic info on the number of fills you might get from at 3K psi tank? Cheaper if I don't need to get a compressor, especially since I can get fills for free.

Marauder's can be regulated from the factory, so can Air Arms which is what I was looking at last night. I'm just looking for some basic info on the number of fills you might get from at 3K psi tank? Cheaper if I don't need to get a compressor, especially since I can get fills for free.

See if this calculator helps.

I have this compressor and couldn't be happier. Caution: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER trust an auto-shutoff. It's okay to set it but always monitor it and shut it off when the fill pressure reaches its limit.

This is from the manufacturer's website. Do a search and you can find a retailer that might have a better price. i got mine from Walmart but don't know what the online prices are now.

I have been having such fun with my Leshiy 2 that I decided to order a new FX Impact Mk3 - ordered yesterday and should have it in < 10 days. Crazy thing is the gun is expensive but then you have to layer on all the add on goodies. Reminds me of my first AR :)

I have a hand pump for my first PCP - a Hatsan Hercules bully and that worked but when I got the Leshiy I found out why people like the big carbon fiber tanks. I ended up with a Great White and that makes filling easy.

I still think my Vudoo .22 is my favorite gun to shoot lately but we will see how the FX Impact competes...

Today is all about figuring out which scope I think I want for the new gun... I look back on the stuff I bought even last year and it seems like I was getting great deals based on the prices I am seeing now. Yikes

I also am trying a new larger bipod in the Accu-tac FC-4 - I have a couple Atlas but am excited to see what the larger model will do

Those who use scba or scuba bottles. Would you recommend that over a cheaper compressor? Also what do you use for a regulator? Pretty sure our cascade systems use a $400 regulator which seems a bit steep

Ive had this for a few years. A FX Impact Mk2 in .25 cal. Its an awesome little rifle thats for sure. Still want to add a powerplenum to it, but they have been out of stock since forever.

p5pb22704724.jpg

Reactions: crackerbrown
I haven't messed with my Scuba tank in a while but here is what I recall. After my full sized (80cuin?) aluminum dive tank got filled, I'd only get a few fills in my (first) Marauder before that tank would drop down to 2800 psi or so. From there, that's as high as your going to precharge your rifle ( ratted to 3000K-3300k) unless I topped off with a hand pump. The scuba tank pressure dropped quickly with use and so did the number of usable shots out of the rifle. Sure the rifle will shoot at 2500 psi but my useable shots get cut in half. It seemed like the tank just got progressively lower with every time I needed to fill out of it. It got old (and frustrating ) to the point that I sold off my Marauder and went back to bulk CO2 and springers. Maybe if I had multiple tanks (and or could fill them to 4500) it would have been different but... Fast forward 5 years and I now have a new regulated Marauder and a chinese compressor ( and a near forgotten scuba tank in the garage) . The whole set up cost me well less than $1K . Now I get 80 consistent shots from a fill and have an unlimited ability to fill teh rifle to 3000psi+ within minutes. It's been a game changer for me.

Reactions: hafejd30
I haven't messed with my Scuba tank in a while but here is what I recall. After my full sized (80cuin?) aluminum dive tank got filled, I'd only get a few fills in my (first) Marauder before that tank would drop down to 2800 psi or so. From there, that's as high as your going to precharge your rifle ( ratted to 3000K-3300k) unless I topped off with a hand pump. The scuba tank pressure dropped quickly with use and so did the number of usable shots out of the rifle. Sure the rifle will shoot at 2500 psi but my useable shots get cut in half. It seemed like the tank just got progressively lower with every time I needed to fill out of it. It got old (and frustrating ) to the point that I sold off my Marauder and went back to bulk CO2 and springers. Maybe if I had multiple tanks (and or could fill them to 4500) it would have been different but... Fast forward 5 years and I now have a new regulated Marauder and a chinese compressor ( and a near forgotten scuba tank in the garage) . The whole set up cost me well less than $1K . Now I get 80 consistent shots from a fill and have an unlimited ability to fill teh rifle to 3000psi+ within minutes. It's been a game changer for me.
Thank you for this reply as I’ve been contemplating the tank/regulator.

What compressor do you use?

Also what is the opinions on slugs vs pellets?

Also what is the opinions on slugs vs pellets?
I have not gotten my Impact to shoot slugs worth a damn. Only tried FX slugs and have been told they like some extra speed, but to crank the speed up I would want a power plenum on the rifle, and they have been out of stock for what seems like forever. So, I keep shooting pellets.

Reactions: hafejd30
I have been shooting air guns long before I became hot and heavy with "powder burners". I will give you my 30+ years and two bits that is not worth two bits on the subject.

If you want to use your air gun as "off season practice" forget any spring air rifle, they are about as different shooting experience then you can get. They push a pellet with air but that is the only thing they have in common over other air rifles. For real practice MSP, PCP or CO2 guns are going to be the most close to a "real" rifle.

Pumping a PCP by hand sucks rocks, no way around this it sucks, it may look like a bicycle pump but trust me it is far from it. Buy a compressor. I am on roughly year 6 of a yong heng Amazon special, fill tanks with it roughly monthly, shut it off when it hits 55C, and let it cool down. Feed it distilled water for cooling, and it has given good service with just oil changes for that long. It runs three filters, and that does take a minute for them to come up to pressure, but I have never had a moisture issue.

In the long range world as I understand things you could have the best equipment out there, but if you have crap ammo it means nothing, pellet guns are 10X that, you need good ammo and that is not found at walmart. Below is a 50 yard group shot off a "rest"...if you can call a 1960's card table a rest. Two different pellets, same weight just different makers, it is clear what the gun likes, and the three flyers are likely that card tables fault....at least that is my story and I am sticking to it. This is a 10 round group through a first gen Gauntlet.

1660047307924.png

That is a bone stock gauntlet with a cheapo Tasco scope on it....might be a centerpoint, key here is CHEAP. Not a bad 50 yard group IMHO.

To stay on that cheap topic, I have a $89 Walmart crosman 2100, actually branded Remington, that is about as cheap as you can get, it will give like groups at 25 yards, they key is to find a pellet your gun likes.

I have not looked in a long time, and can't remember the name but one of the online outfits made a pellet sample pack, that was across the board, had JSB, H&N, RWS, you name it they had a few of each in this one "kit". Dog if I can remember who it was. But I know people like JSB have sample packs and that is a good place to start. H&N is very good down to the .0x IF I remember correctly, and I can tell you it does make a difference.

I will also say that if you take your time, and work with your rifle you can get some very good results without having to spend big money. IMHO the area where these "cheap" airguns are let down is in the trigger area, most have just horrid triggers, some can be fixed, some can't. Some like a Mrod have some very easy fixes that are all over youtube, things like the "lawyer spring" are easy to.....adjust I guess I will say.

They are quite fun, and I think do keep you sharp, the thing that a PCP will take away from you is off hand shooting, these things are porkers. If you want to do off hand I would suggest a CO2 gun as the weight is so much less. Hammerli make a great CO2 gun, and I have had great luck with any of the QB78's that are out there including those moved to PCP like the Chief.

If you want something fantastic to work with indoors, and would be the most "easy" thing to hand pump, look at the benjamin maximus, I bought the euro version so limited to 12fps, and it is a fantastic little gun. Easy to pump if needed not a "real" high pressure fill, will shoot all day on one fill, and it is so straight you would think it is on a regulator....it is that flat and steady....it is also pretty light like most of the QB type PCP rifles.

I have been shooting air guns long before I became hot and heavy with "powder burners". I will give you my 30+ years and two bits that is not worth two bits on the subject.

If you want to use your air gun as "off season practice" forget any spring air rifle, they are about as different shooting experience then you can get. They push a pellet with air but that is the only thing they have in common over other air rifles. For real practice MSP, PCP or CO2 guns are going to be the most close to a "real" rifle.

Pumping a PCP by hand sucks rocks, no way around this it sucks, it may look like a bicycle pump but trust me it is far from it. Buy a compressor. I am on roughly year 6 of a yong heng Amazon special, fill tanks with it roughly monthly, shut it off when it hits 55C, and let it cool down. Feed it distilled water for cooling, and it has given good service with just oil changes for that long. It runs three filters, and that does take a minute for them to come up to pressure, but I have never had a moisture issue.

In the long range world as I understand things you could have the best equipment out there, but if you have crap ammo it means nothing, pellet guns are 10X that, you need good ammo and that is not found at walmart. Below is a 50 yard group shot off a "rest"...if you can call a 1960's card table a rest. Two different pellets, same weight just different makers, it is clear what the gun likes, and the three flyers are likely that card tables fault....at least that is my story and I am sticking to it. This is a 10 round group through a first gen Gauntlet.

View attachment 7929941

That is a bone stock gauntlet with a cheapo Tasco scope on it....might be a centerpoint, key here is CHEAP. Not a bad 50 yard group IMHO.

To stay on that cheap topic, I have a $89 Walmart crosman 2100, actually branded Remington, that is about as cheap as you can get, it will give like groups at 25 yards, they key is to find a pellet your gun likes.

I have not looked in a long time, and can't remember the name but one of the online outfits made a pellet sample pack, that was across the board, had JSB, H&N, RWS, you name it they had a few of each in this one "kit". Dog if I can remember who it was. But I know people like JSB have sample packs and that is a good place to start. H&N is very good down to the .0x IF I remember correctly, and I can tell you it does make a difference.

I will also say that if you take your time, and work with your rifle you can get some very good results without having to spend big money. IMHO the area where these "cheap" airguns are let down is in the trigger area, most have just horrid triggers, some can be fixed, some can't. Some like a Mrod have some very easy fixes that are all over youtube, things like the "lawyer spring" are easy to.....adjust I guess I will say.

They are quite fun, and I think do keep you sharp, the thing that a PCP will take away from you is off hand shooting, these things are porkers. If you want to do off hand I would suggest a CO2 gun as the weight is so much less. Hammerli make a great CO2 gun, and I have had great luck with any of the QB78's that are out there including those moved to PCP like the Chief.

If you want something fantastic to work with indoors, and would be the most "easy" thing to hand pump, look at the benjamin maximus, I bought the euro version so limited to 12fps, and it is a fantastic little gun. Easy to pump if needed not a "real" high pressure fill, will shoot all day on one fill, and it is so straight you would think it is on a regulator....it is that flat and steady....it is also pretty light like most of the QB type PCP rifles.
Another option for low power is to get a bulk co2 gun., No high pressure air to deal with. You just rent a 5# bottle from a welding supply house for about $50. One fill in my Walther match rifle will last 500 shots. My styer CP1 gets 300 shots per fill. Either gun is quiet, recoiless and will chew one hole groups at 50' when I do my part. One 5# tank lasts years.

Last edited:
Another option for low power is to get a bulk co2 gun., No high pressure air to deal with, you just rent a 5# bottle from a welding supply house. One fill in my walther match rifle will last 500 shots. My styer CP1 gets 300 shots per fill. One 5# tank lasts years.

Or paintball as well, they can do the tanks generally as well, I don't paintball but I seem to remember reading they could do fills.

Thank you for this reply as I’ve been contemplating the tank/regulator.

What compressor do you use?
Nothing special, it is a $350 Spiritech (Chinese ) that I bought on sale at Amazon. I got it with a 4 year replacement warrenty for about $320 delivered if memory serves. It does what it is supposed too and have the features I wanted. ( Built in power supply, auto shut-off, 4500 psi rating, etc. ). There are plenty to choose from in that price range. I just picked one with good ratings and sale price.

Reactions: Basher
T
Another option for low power is to get a bulk co2 gun., No high pressure air to deal with. You just rent a 5# bottle from a welding supply house for about $50. One fill in my Walther match rifle will last 500 shots. My styer CP1 gets 300 shots per fill. Either gun is quiet, recoiless and will chew one hole groups at 50' when I do my part. One 5# tank lasts years.
That is a good thing to bring up, shot count per fill.

In another life I played some hand gun games, and the gun I used was a 1911. I wanted something to practice with that was much cheaper over 45ACP. I bought an air pistol that was like a 1911. It fit in my holster and had the basic controls in the right spots, safety, mag drop, that kind of thing. It eats CO2, it was just crazy. I ended up getting a GSG 22 rimfire 1911, and have not looked back. I do loose the ability to shoot indoors with the 22, so I still use the BB gun at times, but not as often as I thought.

The thing with the higher powered guns is they like to eat gas/air. That BB gun 1911 uses a lot of CO2 to make the slide run, really I could do without that, I want draw sights, safety reload practice....but I can see how some people would like that.

Those big bore air rifles eat air as well, the more power the more air, and if you crest the speed of sound the "normal" pellet shape really starts to have issues and you need to move to a slug, or bullet really. But if your barrel is made for pellets you will not shoot slugs for anything. A little like trying a heavy bullet in a rifle with the wrong twist.

Nothing special, it is a $350 Spiritech (Chinese ) that I bought on sale at Amazon. I got it with a 4 year replacement warrenty for about $320 delivered if memory serves. It does what it is supposed too and have the features I wanted. ( Built in power supply, auto shut-off, 4500 psi rating, etc. ). There are plenty to choose from in that price range. I just picked one with good ratings and sale price.

Mine pre dates those, mine you need to have a tub of water and a small pump to move the water around the "head" I guess I will say. When mine finally plays out I will likely try one of those.....trouble is the noisy thing will not die.

That is another thing the compressor is noisy as hell.

I will add to the HP 4500 Psi PCP guns you need a compressor or SCBA Tanks. I have 3 4500 PSI Tanks. 1 tank will last me 3 matches (30-35 stages) before I need to swap tanks. That also gets me some shooting at the house as well. I did have to spend some money on a air trigger to save that much air in topping off my guns. The Edgun Easy Fill is 100% worth the money.

On the slugs it is not as bad finding a slug your rifle likes like it is with a lot of RF Ammo. You need to clean the barrel from the leading more often though. I pull 3 - 5 patched sown my barrel every 150-200 rounds. I do not want the last patch clean I want it to have a little bit of residue on the patch. The lead that is used in the slugs is soft and deposits into the liners well. You will get one leaded up and loose accuracy and see velocity changes. I have had the best luck with Varmint Knockers ( Found on eBay ). Made in Arizona by hand. Excellent quality. weight is within .1 on every slug. I quit weighing after checking the first 200. I have had good luck with NSA, Zans and just got some javelin slugs to try.

Those EdGun Ezfills are great. Easy to use and will save you air in the long run.

Check out different slugs for your gun Varg, either that or you are not getting enough power to push the slugs fast enough. What weight slugs are you trying to use?

Reactions: crackerbrown
Those EdGun Ezfills are great. Easy to use and will save you air in the long run.

Check out different slugs for your gun Varg, either that or you are not getting enough power to push the slugs fast enough. What weight slugs are you trying to use?

I probably will some day. The only ones ive tried are the FX hybrid 26 grain ones.
In an ideal future Ill get the power plenum and crank up the power so that the "High" setting works with slugs and one of the lower settings on the powerwheel works with pellets. It might not be possible, but thats what I am hoping for.

I bought a GAMO bone collector 177 break action air rifle about 8yr ago to kill stray cats in my neighborhood. There was this one black & white tomcat. I killed that motherf'er 10 times before he ran out of lives. Head shots with the little gamo at 10y would result in his disappearance for a few weeks before, he reincarnated and returned, lol. Three headshots with visible impacts and blood trails, all failed. Two body shots also failed. I am sure I missed a few but not most of them. One day, I caught him in the open at 50y with my 17 hmr. That did not fail.

Later I got a Benjamin Maurader PCP rifle in 22cal. I love the 10rd repeater action. It is more accurate than the 177 and hits harder. It is NOT more accurate than a really good 22lr but close. 50y groups are about 1/2" c-c. My good 22lrs are going to group about half that most of the time. Or about 0.35-0.25" c-c.

What put me off about the PCP was that the air tank is so "Heavy". The whole package is about 10lbs. That is a chuck to lug around in the woods. I squirrel hunt and really liked the quiet shooting, but due to the weight, I shelved it as a hunter and assembled a carbon bbl Bergara with light wt scope and suppressor to use for upland hunting. Season open in about a week.

I bought a GAMO bone collector 177 break action air rifle about 8yr ago to kill stray cats in my neighborhood. There was this one black & white tomcat. I killed that motherf'er 10 times before he ran out of lives. Head shots with the little gamo at 10y would result in his disappearance for a few weeks before, he reincarnated and returned, lol. Three headshots with visible impacts and blood trails, all failed. Two body shots also failed. I am sure I missed a few but not most of them. One day, I caught him in the open at 50y with my 17 hmr. That did not fail.

Later I got a Benjamin Maurader PCP rifle in 22cal. I love the 10rd repeater action. It is more accurate than the 177 and hits harder. It is NOT more accurate than a really good 22lr but close. 50y groups are about 1/2" c-c. My good 22lrs are going to group about half that most of the time. Or about 0.35-0.25" c-c.

What put me off about the PCP was that the air tank is so "Heavy". The whole package is about 10lbs. That is a chuck to lug around in the woods. I squirrel hunt and really liked the quiet shooting, but due to the weight, I shelved it as a hunter and assembled a carbon bbl Bergara with light wt scope and suppressor to use for upland hunting. Season open in about a week.

Look to one of the QB78 PCP conversions if you want something better for hauling around. It will have a bit of a report, I would say about a 22 long, not long rifle but long out of a rifle worth of noise. These guns only fill to 2000# so you don't get the shot count, but they will hit hard enough to do a number on tree rats. And the tank will last long enough to get more squirrel then you want to carry. Very good options, and a good option if you want to ease your toe into the PCP world. Mine will put 10 shots covered by a dime at 40 yards, that is good enough for a squirrel.

You are so correct about one thing however they are all porkers, I have a .35 and it is only good off a bench. I don't even want to carry it to the bench.

Last one I bought was really just a toy, they are a bit fiddley, but boy they are fun.

I’ve been using a Marauder .22 with an ATN thermal scope to control the rat population on our fence line. It’s a ton of fun and so fulfilling lmao.

Can anyone recommend a rig for long range? Like 2-300yds?

I’ve been using a Marauder .22 with an ATN thermal scope to control the rat population on our fence line. It’s a ton of fun and so fulfilling lmao.

I have a Burris thermal on an AirForce Talon SS. It’s the most fun one can have with his clothes on.

I don’t have one but have been eyeing the AirForce Texan LSS in .257 for long range work.

What kind of long range? Shooting steel? Shooting paper? Shooting animals?

I've taken my .22 Taipan Veteran to 273 yards, shooting steel. If I was shooting pests at that range, I would probably choose a different setup.

I am shoot my FX Impact M3 out to 400 yards. There are lots of brands that will do it it all depends on what you are looking to spend & what you want to do with the build.

Keeping this thread going just because... . I've had this Benjamin Marauder .22 (regulated w Walther barrel) Field target for 4-5 years now. Shoots nicely (at over 80 shots/fill) but it had some of the worst wood I've ever seen on any rifle of any kind. I just could never warm up to it. So, I just did this rattle can and sponge paint job over the weekend. I'm not sure it qualifies as a beauty now but it's a whole lot more interesting than it was. Kind of cool in a "hide" influenced kind of way.
Marauder paint.jpg

Last edited:
I started this whole marksmanship game with PCP air rifles. Just received my latest, a Daystate Red Wolf Safari and continue to be amazed by these things. Pinpoint accuracy at 25, similar accuracy at 50 when compared to my Vudoo, and incredible performance at 100 when conditions are perfect.

Just this weekend took it to the range to see how it shot at 50 and 100, and after determining my 100 yard dope took three shots to confirm …

738BC29F-B59C-4479-A00A-616F25050729.jpeg

Granted, it’s only 3 shots under ideal conditions but the results are incredible.

And here’s 3 shot groups at 50 …

B581A5F6-5B56-43F8-9D0E-F560AE41FDFB.jpeg

Dead silent, 25 grain pellets at 985 fps (at medium power.)
I like my air rifles.

Being a poor country boy, I liked seeing just how good I could get cheap. Back when the boy was living at home I bought two crosman 2100 from wally world. $80 and I wanted to see just how good they would be out of the box. I also bought a deck of playing cards, hung a middle of the road scope on them and sent "good" pellets at the playing cards. 10 of anything at 25 yards, I could put all 10 shots into the suit (clubs, hearts, whatever), so 10 of diamonds all 10 shots on a diamond. It fell off pretty sharp after that, but that is as long as I can go inside my house shooting across the basement and out into the garage against the far wall. The gun has the worst trigger I have ever seen this side of a nagant revolver. Great fun, and really shocked at both these guns at 25, easy head shot for birds at that range, used them in the barn for starlings, no so much power to poke holes in the barn or damage equipment.

Yeah the stock one wouldn't fit. This one is a Donny Tonto I believe, though will have something else on there soon ;) Have a prototype unit coming soon to install. Have been lucky enough to work at the place selling these rifles, as well as well as makes custom parts for them.

Here is a 100 yard group

1661950049721.png

From this old spring air rifle

1661950098669.png

Shot off this rest:

1661950136782.png

On a day so windy I had to get up and stand the target back up twice. I need to try it again when it is not quite so windy. It was a fun test to do. I had never tried to reach that far with a 177 spring gun before, and under that wind I was pretty shocked I did that well. Shooting a 177 that far will teach you to read wind.

Reactions: Longshot231
On another forum the question came up about CO2 guns and how quickly the eat CO2. I did not remember what mine did so a bit ago I busted out my only stock CO2 gun and ran a little test at 25 yards. The gun is a 1st gen Umerex Fusion.

1661950473221.png

I put 5 shots on each target as fast as I could, I was trying to cool off the CO2 as much as possible. I learned several things during this test.

First this was not fun, shooting this much even off a rest really hurt me, took some good bourbon along with a couple pain pills so I could sleep that night. Old and broken is not for the young.

It lasted longer then I had thought, it is not till the last row did you really start to see it fall off, and it did fall off very quickly.

Photos of the gun and rest.

1661950640033.png

1661950672675.png

I still love this little rifle, so light and quiet, you hear nothing.