• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why do we love the MK12 so much?

I went from a 32mm NXS to the 24MM. No question the 32mm is a better scope and I’m going to put it back on.

I have to believe if Crane has access to the 42mm ATACR it would have been the choice. It fits these rifles perfectly IMO.

Also picked up my 3rd AEM 5... Technically, it's the 2nd one. I've had the Ops Inc 12th before it was in high demand.

Attachments

• 20221013_200227.jpg
    20221013_200227.jpg
    635.1 KB · Views: 131
Optics not a big deal, not using the OG Leupolds, it's not everyone's flavor. Shit, a lot of the MK12s I have seen recently in military competitions, in training or some of the in the wild have been with MK5 3-18 with a Geissele mount. To me defining part of the MK12 is the suppressor and the rail setups.

made a few changes to mine the more I shot it.
Its getting less and less "correct" but I'm tailoring it to my use. I like the new paint a lot, but MAN does it look horrible until it gets all scuffed and worn in.

FINALLY got my AEM out of jail.
Added a flush cup in the stock so I could use a good sling
Added a LAW Folder because it fixed the super short LOP and well... folding guns are awesome.
Sold the Premier and threw on a NF4-20 ATACR because the reticle is SO much better for my use.

I will say, the 31-5 G2Mil was so much more usable up close on 3x and the NF is dogshit from 4-6x... so I do miss that part. I actually tried running it in a carbine class a few weeks ago and while it would have been halfway decent with the 3-15, it was ROUGH with the NF so I may try to add an RMR or something. Either on top or offset and keep the clone incorrectness going.View attachment 7975997View attachment 7976009
What is the weight on that beauty? That is a gorgeous photo BTW

Also picked up my 3rd AEM 5... Technically, it's the 2nd one. I've had the Ops Inc 12th before it was in high demand.

Do you have a favorite? If so, what tips the scale in its favor?

made a few changes to mine the more I shot it.
Its getting less and less "correct" but I'm tailoring it to my use. I like the new paint a lot, but MAN does it look horrible until it gets all scuffed and worn in.

FINALLY got my AEM out of jail.
Added a flush cup in the stock so I could use a good sling
Added a LAW Folder because it fixed the super short LOP and well... folding guns are awesome.
Sold the Premier and threw on a NF4-20 ATACR because the reticle is SO much better for my use.

I will say, the 31-5 G2Mil was so much more usable up close on 3x and the NF is dogshit from 4-6x... so I do miss that part. I actually tried running it in a carbine class a few weeks ago and while it would have been halfway decent with the 3-15, it was ROUGH with the NF so I may try to add an RMR or something. Either on top or offset and keep the clone incorrectness going.View attachment 7975997View attachment 7976009
What brand paint did you use?

Been looking online and if you want to speed up the hard use look, acetone on a rag and wipe off the paint on hard edges and heavy use areas makes it look pretty authentic.

I shoot mine a fair amount, but I'm impatient.

Oh god yes. As much as I initially wanted to make mine as correct as possible for nostalgic reasons, I just couldn’t bring myself to pay money for the Leupold optic I hated so much.
If you can get ahold of one of the current manufacture mk4’s the glass seems to be the same as on mk5 series. Still have the Mil / MOA thing going on though

Optics not a big deal, not using the OG Leupolds, it's not everyone's flavor. Shit, a lot of the MK12s I have seen recently in military competitions, in training or some of the in the wild have been with MK5 3-18 with a Geissele mount. To me defining part of the MK12 is the suppressor and the rail setups.
Thats exactly the optic setup I plan on using when I finish my build. Seems like a perfect combo for the Mk12.

Reactions: gconnoyer
Looking for a unimount for my MK12 right now I am using rings but with onw on the rail and other on the receiver doesn't seem to be the best
option. Any suggestions or what are you running on your MK12 MOD 1?
TIA

Looking for a unimount for my MK12 right now I am using rings but with onw on the rail and other on the receiver doesn't seem to be the best
option. Any suggestions or what are you running on your MK12 MOD 1?
TIA
I’m running a Badger Comm 1 mount. So far so good and appears to be very good quality.

Lifelong memory made over the weekend. My son got his very first deer 🦌, and a nice 8pt to boot!
He took it with a clean heart shot at 270yds. The 77gn didn’t exit, but turned the heart into jelly. The deer ran about 50’ and dropped.
Very proud of my little hammerhead! My dad never made the time to take me hunting, but I’m making up for that now with my son!
4E744B68-BDB7-4E0F-8964-F47E463D7C6D.jpeg
00AC82CA-7152-47BC-99A1-D1475A57CF2F.jpeg