• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why is it always pitt bulls?

You cant deny that different breeds have different personalities and temperments. when you have a dog that is powerful and genetically predisposed to aggression and put it in an untrained un disciplined household that promotes aggression it's a recipe for the above. sadly that is too often the case.

The numbers would probably be higher for another breed had it been the "badass dog" of choice for shit owners.

I prefer dobermans. Make damn good coon dogs!
Dang. I was hoping no one would mention Doberman in this thread. I’ve had Doberman my whole life almost 80s-now. I’ve had 3 or 4 really mean true fight drive dobes but I don’t think even those ones would have did what pitts do or Belgians

Plus I was responsible with them. The one I have now would not hurt any kid other than knocking them down playing to rough. I still would not have him around an infant

35B644BC-F0DE-4C7C-822B-B1C5A5C412E1.jpeg

“But but but”

I love the people who defend the breed. They are regularly caught making statements about bad dog owners and bad situations and bla bla bla.

If I was king of America the law would be simple:

Have whatever kind of dog you want, but if your dog kills someone, you get murder 1 for it. If they maul someone severly, you get felony aggravated assault. If you don't want that responsibility, don't own a dangerous dog breed. If you want one and are responsible, this idea won't bother you, but if this idea bothers you, go look in a mirror, you are the problem.
I'm good with this, as long as we apply it to everyone's kids.

Kid gets caught selling/smoking weed at school?

Kid gets a DUI or wreckless driving?

Kid makes threat online?

Kid gets caught stealing?

I'll make sure dogs stay in the yard...

• Haha
Reactions: eca7891
Didnt mean to be rude but Im just sick of hearing the horror stories. No matter WHO fault it is, by the graph above, 2/3 of mauling's are Pits. All t.he rest together account for 1/3. Thats significant.
Because 2/3 or more of the owners are the stereotype we’ve built in our heads shitbag, victim-mentality human garbage that invents the need to “keep it real” and walks around with a perpetual chip on their shoulder that they seek to fill with a “badass dawggg” or whatever.

Again, not victim blaming here, but there are a lot of people that have dogs that shouldn’t have dogs just as there are people that shouldn’t have kids that have kids. Coincidentally, both the dogs and the kids of people that shouldn’t have them tend to experience the same fate.

I have a American bully. Not an American bull dog or pit. Every one thinks it’s a pit. Certain people “ adults “ he really dislikes. Kids no problem other dog no issue. The way I see it is like other’s said breeding is terrible. I’ve been bit by more ankle biter’s and so called non aggressive breeds. Dalmatians are nasty. As for the pit being number one. Please I guarantee over half are mixed breed’s. Go to any spca and almost every dog is a pit mix.

As already stated- different breeds have different characteristics... you may have never seen it before and the animal might not have been in a situation that brings it out..--- yet (or maybe never will- but it is still there). It doesn't matter what you are dealing with- horses- cows- dogs.. if you look you will find these things.

Also- it doesn't matter if other breeds are just as aggressive- it they are not physically able to do anything about it. Pits have the temperament and the ability. I like dogs and like to have protective dogs around-- but a big difference between an offensively and defensively protective breed.

As already stated- different breeds have different characteristics... you may have never seen it before and the animal might not have been in a situation that brings it out..--- yet (or maybe never will- but it is still there). It doesn't matter what you are dealing with- horses- cows- dogs.. if you look you will find these things.

Also- it doesn't matter if other breeds are just as aggressive- it they are not physically able to do anything about it. Pits have the temperament and the ability. I like dogs and like to have protective dogs around-- but a big difference between an offensively and defensively protective breed.
So by extension, the same thing may be true of people?

If you are only 5 or 6 generations removed from shooting monkeys out of trees with a blow gun... are you going to do well in Detroit?

200 years and Americans land a man on the moon. 20,000 years and the 'indigenous' are still urinating in their drinking water.

Just 'sayin.

Sirhr

outlawing a dog breed is like outlawing "assault weapons" same mentality,or lack therof. when i was involved in schutzhund,i had rotts and at the time they were labeled baby killers. yes there are bad eggs in any breed. the bad is usually the breeding line and owner. tragic outcomes can come from any breed,same for any gun. one breed i knew that went bad were 2 akitas. one tore up a very experienced trainer and handler badly. i knew a beauceron who had to be put down because lightening made him actually attack owner and family. i've seen cockers and boxers destroy owners homes. are some breeds iffy with kids? sure if you know nothing about how to evaluate and train and have no idea of your goal in owning one,then, likely have problems. and if you don't know,get a smaller poss mixed and some knowledgeable help (LOL). a lot of pound puppies i've seen become great pets. but,the above reference to bonding issues with a rescue is very true and can lead to issues. but,they aren't working dogs. all breeds are dogs and all dogs are individuals,not machines.

I'm good with this, as long as we apply it to everyone's kids.

Kid gets caught selling/smoking weed at school?

Kid gets a DUI or wreckless driving?

Kid makes threat online?

Kid gets caught stealing?

I'll make sure dogs stay in the yard...
If you are willing to make sure your dogs stay in the yard, then you actually agree with me, you just added a bunch of extra steps.

So by extension, the same thing may be true of people?

If you are only 5 or 6 generations removed from shooting monkeys out of trees with a blow gun... are you going to do well in Detroit?

200 years and Americans land a man on the moon. 20,000 years and the 'indigenous' are still urinating in their drinking water.

Just 'sayin.

Sirhr
True that, BUT, theyre not facing nuclear war either. Or being told to buy electric cars but not having enough electricity to charge them. DOH.

As Ive countered Jefferson so often..."Knowledge may be power but power without wisdom is folly."

Western man has gained a lot of knowledge but little wisdom to manage it well.

We had an Aussie growing up. Sweetest dog ever.

But if someone was aggressive toward a family member, that dog would turn into a Tasmaian Devil in a second. Could go from sweet to very, very aggressive in a second.

She was always on a leash and well-trained. But woe betide anyone who attacked her 'flock.' And her flock was us!

Sirhr
Yep, one my favorite dogs we had while growing up was a heeler Sheppard mix. Wonderful dog who disappear for days at a time out into the woods of my parents farm and would nearly always bring us back trophies (dead animals) from her escapades.

About 10 years ago, we had some pits walking the neighborhood for a couple days. Few days later a neighbor was mauled walking his lab early in the morning. My next door neighbor heard it and saw out his window and went outside with side arm. Two pits going crazy, spinning on the man and dog. He had no shot carefully with all the movement. Other neighbor came out and the same. One came back with a baseball bat and had to beat both off the man for the dogs to retreat.

Dog owner was lucky to be alive as well as dog. He had almost $1K in vet bills alone. My wife walks our dog every morning and this is always on my mind. All neighbors agreed. If we ever saw them again they would be shot from a distance. Animal Services of the Sheriff Dept was called and we never saw the pits again thank god.

was attacked while walking my rott by a GSD that had a history of doing same multiple times. was long before carry OK and cops did nothing-surprise surprise. daughter had 2 cats killed by non pitts in miami. the breed issue is somewhere between real and bogus.

If you are willing to make sure your dogs stay in the yard, then you actually agree with me, you just added a bunch of extra steps.
I was being half sarcastic, but I think you and I could agree on a lot of things.

I originally wrote out this long informative post, based off years of dealing with these dogs at shelters, training, fostering and owning them.

And after writting it, and reading it...The world would be better off without them. For their own sake and for the people and pets that end up getting attacked by them.

People suck and can ruin anything.

I have my own pit bull attack scars. A little girl I played with as a kid was killed by one that belonged to her parents when she was about 6. One of my good friends had his wife and both young children airlifted to Vanderbilt where they spent weeks in the ICU after they were playing in the yard way out in the country and were attacked for no reason. I will kill every pit I see unattended for the rest of my life. I was at my local pound about a month ago donating some shelving and I asked the manager what they needed most, and he said "bullets". They have almost 300 dogs, and 290 of them are pits. They can't house any of them together because they always try to kill each other. 200 of them can't be trusted to be handled and 290 of them will never be adopted. The dogs are a fucking plague and that's why the trailer trash of the world love them so much. They are the neck tattoo of the dog world.

I have my own pit bull attack scars. A little girl I played with as a kid was killed by one that belonged to her parents when she was about 6. One of my good friends had his wife and both young children airlifted to Vanderbilt where they spent weeks in the ICU after they were playing in the yard way out in the country and were attacked for no reason. I will kill every pit I see unattended for the rest of my life. I was at my local pound about a month ago donating some shelving and I asked the manager what they needed most, and he said "bullets". They have almost 300 dogs, and 290 of them are pits. They can't house any of them together because they always try to kill each other. 200 of them can't be trusted to be handled and 290 of them will never be adopted. The dogs are a fucking plague and that's why the trailer trash of the world love them so much. They are the neck tattoo of the dog world.

What’s the odds of all that

From the people I have met at dog shelters, saying bullets?

Hmm

ok boomer.

Go ahead and poke one with your fork and we will see what happens when you intentionally provoke one.
Ok, pooner,

Since when is working in my own yard 'provoking'?

Have you ever handled a pitchfork? Theyre not toys. I would never want to hurt anything but if it came to it a pitchfork against one dog = dead dog.

1665449623209.png

Reactions: Im2bent
Ok, pooner,

Since when is working in my own yard 'provoking'?

Have you ever handled a pitchfork? Theyre not toys. I would never want to hurt anything but if it came to it a pitchfork against one dog = dead dog.

View attachment 7974010
The dogs will eat your ass and shit you out the next day grandpa.

Poke away!

What’s the odds of all that

From the people I have met at dog shelters, saying bullets?

Hmm
Its just a reality. Try to find a rescue for a wolfdog, same thing. People get them and dont dnow what theyre getting into. Im a prime example. got it mostly worked out now but it took some scars.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
Its just a reality. Try to find a rescue for a wolfdog, same thing. People get them and dont dnow what theyre getting into. Im a prime example. got it mostly worked out now but it took some scars.

Now I do have some experience on the wolf dog thing, there are issues with them, but aggression wasn’t one

Seems like a self solving problem. Put them all in a room together, than shoot whats left.

Reactions: Maggot
My 10 week old pup was attacked by a pit today for no reason. Luckily the pits own was close enough to get his dog pulled back before it killed my pup. Last dog to bite me for no reason was a pit bull. I hate those dogs. They’re dangerous but all I hear from people is “It’s all in how you raise them”. I say bullshit!

Better start pencil/pen discipline as well. Don’t want that think fucking up your grammar and spelling.
Please note that I made no judgment on whether people should be allowed pit bulls. My comment was intended to separate the issue from gun rights. Gun rights are absolutely foundational rights. Owning a dog is not.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Not a dog expert in any sense and not claiming to be one. Dogs are bred for certain traits. Why in the hell all these people want a cuddle puppy and end up with a pitbull makes no sense. Sadly the owners should be the ones injured and taken from the gene pool, not their helpless toddlers.

Because they're morons. There's a lady who walks one through my neighborhood and she tells everyone to "stay away my dog is not good!". Why the fuck do you own the stupid thing lmao.

Didnt mean to be rude but Im just sick of hearing the horror stories. No matter WHO fault it is, by the graph above, 2/3 of mauling's are Pits. All t.he rest together account for 1/3. Thats significant.
Youre good. All im saying is roll through a shitty neighborhood and see what kind of dogs they have. Then think about how their kids turn out. Hard to blame the dog

My 10 week old pup was attacked by a pit today for no reason. Luckily the pits own was close enough to get his dog pulled back before it killed my pup. Last dog to bite me for no reason was a pit bull. I hate those dogs. They’re dangerous but all I hear from people is “It’s all in how you raise them”. I say bullshit!
A Rottie pup? I’ve only had one female Rottie and she was a total sweetheart, to me. Never had a problem with her and other dogs or kids but I never would’ve left her alone me with them. I had another pup get attacked by a pit mix. Luckily I grabbed him before it got him and the owner ran off after catching it when I came back out with a gun.

My buddy was walking his younger lab a couple months ago and some tweaker’s pit ran two blocks to attack that dog. Now that dog is dog aggressive. Nature and nurture.

A Rottie pup? I’ve only had one female Rottie and she was a total sweetheart, to me. Never had a problem with her and other dogs or kids but I never would’ve left her alone me with them. I had another pup get attacked by a pit mix. Luckily I grabbed him before it got him and the owner ran off after catching it when I came back out with a gun.

My buddy was walking his younger lab a couple months ago and some tweaker’s pit ran two blocks to attack that dog. Now that dog is dog aggressive. Nature and nurture.
Did you tell him to start carrying

Did you tell him to start carrying
I actually typed that part out and then deleted it. Yes I definitely did, but he’s lazy (school district union) and won’t jump through the hoops necessary to obtain a carry permit here in kali. He was about to stab the pit with his pocket knife when the owner came up and frankly scared him out of it and drug the dog off.

I carry everywhere, never walked any of my dogs without a gun since I got my permit. Not worth it anymore with all the homeless and their pits.

I always carry when walking our dogs, even at the dog parks..........

I always carry when walking our dogs, even at the dog parks..........
Even so, most parks/dog parks, Jerry Miculek wouldn’t be fast enough to shoot a homeless fuckers pit before it got on my dog. Sure I could walk up and shoot it in the head but then you have to shoot the guy trying to stab you with an aids needle for killing his dog and I’d probably still have to rush my dog to the vet on my dime. Not worth it.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
extremely unlikely that they accounted for anywhere near 60% of dogs in the United States during that same period and, thus, there appears to be a breed-specific problem with fatalities.

Reactions: CE1371