• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Would a 1x6 be as fast as an Aimpoint ?

problemchild

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
Thinking of buying a 1x6 swfa now that they are on sale. I do have some reservations after getting 2 bad 5x20 and returning both.

My question is this. Would a 1x6 acquire a target quickly like an aimpoint or eotech does at the 1x power?

Re: Would a 1x6 be as fast as an Aimpoint ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thinking of buying a 1x6 swfa now that they are on sale. I do have some reservations after getting 2 bad 5x20 and returning both.

My question is this. Would a 1x6 acquire a target quickly like an aimpoint or eotech does at the 1x power? </div></div>

Good question.

Could be wrong but even at 1x you would have to deal wth eye relief and eyebox like any other scope.

It won't work like a true red dot unlimited eye relief.

This guy timed it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ygzVRGFmmA

I have heard mixed things from different people. Never timed it myself, but I can't really tell a difference between an Aimpoint and the SS 1-4 as far as my speed is concerned. I'm assuming the SS 1-6 will be the same. I'll be getting one.

I think the issue is going to be the eye relief with the scope, if you can consistently bring the gun up in a snap to the same cheek-weld every time then you can obviously understand how the consistency there would help with the speed in acquiring a target.

That being said.... that's what the design of the Aimpoint's and Eotech's are supposed to alleviate. They are much more forgiving to the shooter in a CQB, snap shooting scenario.

What do you intend on using this for?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical .22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This guy timed it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ygzVRGFmmA
</div></div>Neat video...

Picked up a used Aimpoint with 2x. It's older, but I'm surprised how well it works. It's all kind of new to me though.

no, while that video, shows that a 1-4 can be as fast, in reality you are adding an extra pound or so beyond the weight of a red dot. while just going out to the range and comparing the two may be close, after a while that extra pound that extra pound is going to drag on you

my ideal set up for my MWS would be an aimpoint T1 on a QD mount and a 5-20x in QD mount as well.

My mws with NF 2-10 is bit of a pig, but with knights irons or a T1 its not bad. just some thoughts

I shoot 3 gun and all I will shot is a scope. I use a 1-5x XTR, used to use a C-more, and have an Eotech for work gun. Do a lot of close range stuff in a tire house and on the clock the 1-5x is just as fast as a dot. I would go to the 1-6x an never look back. My Pac Timer tells me so.