• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigDKC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice to see Kyle's products kicking ass in here!! I still love mine! I have had zero issues with it!

Now if I could just figure out that damn formula Kyle posted on how to measure up for proper ring height I'd be doing good when my PST arrives!
wink.gif
I got lost repeatedly trying to decipher that equation! lol </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="font-size: 26pt">+1</span></span></span>

Hi.
Who made painting XLR?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kyle,
Here is a Great Big Grateful, THANK YOU!!!!!
This chassis is absolutely awesome to shoulder. I was a bit apprehensive about selling my 2.0 AISC. Man I am happy to be rid of it.
I'm late for work, but here are the photos.
photo.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo1.jpg

14.jpg

10.jpg

GAP .243
Badger M2008
Alpha Mags.
25" Bartlein
USO Tpal, MPR-MIL/MIL.
Pad Claws
Harris BRM-S 6-9
KMW
Hydro Graphics by, Northwest Hydro-Print. </div></div>

Look at the bottom of his post.......I high-lighted it for you.

Great looking stick STS!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kristian55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi.
Who made painting XLR?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kyle,
Here is a Great Big Grateful, THANK YOU!!!!!
This chassis is absolutely awesome to shoulder. I was a bit apprehensive about selling my 2.0 AISC. Man I am happy to be rid of it.
I'm late for work, but here are the photos.
photo.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo1.jpg

14.jpg

10.jpg

GAP .243
Badger M2008
Alpha Mags.
25" Bartlein
USO Tpal, MPR-MIL/MIL.
Pad Claws
Harris BRM-S 6-9
KMW
<span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Hydro Graphics by, Northwest Hydro-Print.</span></span> </div></div> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kristian55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi.
Who made painting XLR?</div></div>

Hydro Graphics by, Northwest Hydro-Print who made painting XLR.

How does the finish hold up. I have heard the water transfer stuff does not hold up like Cerakote. I heard that from a Cerakote applicator so it was a little biased.

Here is another reference for you guys on scope ring height.
Mine is a SA Rem, EGW 20moa base(trimed 1/2" off the front), NF 8-32x56BR scope with Burris extra high 30mm signature rings. It clears the handguard/forend about 1/16".

Just an idea for you Kyle, when you are machining the trigger guards, add your XLR logo to the bottom. These things need you name on them.

It looks like a real nice product..

The only negative is the magazine dosnt have any protection from beeing bumped into something. A small guard 1" or 1.5" surronding the magazine would make me feel much better when abusing the rifle.

Do the FN/Win actions have to be modified to work in the XLR? How far does the magpul PRS stock hang down on the back of the stock?

OK So now that I have a few competitions done with this rig, I'll say that the reason why I still prefer this chassis is because it's very forgiving to shoot. In weird positions including standard ones standing, sitting, kneeling, and prone bagged, it's not hold sensitive at all.

The rifle was tossed all around the place, just in the matches, and it's held zero and hasn't taken any major damage.

This post is kind a slow now, anybody received chassis lately?
My 6 weeks almost gone, I posted to Kyle, and no answer, I 'm curious where are you guys on the waiting list?

I got 7 weeks to go.........
About the same time we get drawn for wyoming tags.

Mine is in the mail as of 12:28 pm on May 08, 2011. Have a 15" Shilen Select Match grade Barrel and a AAC 18T blackout, Farrell 20moa base, IOR 1.34" rings and a Bushnell 6500T 4.5-30x50, and a Atlas V8, and AI mags waiting for it to arrive. Savage .223 action to make it work and a spare 10PC rifle with a 20" barrel in 308 as well. Getting excited! Will post pics as soon as it arrives...

Mine showed up last Friday!!

Lead time was about on que from order date. Can't say enough about the XLR or Kyle!! Fit & finish are impeccable!

Specs.....700 MLR 338LM with 20 MOA Badger rail. AZ Precision Phoenix knob and Badger FTE brake.

XLR Evolution w/338LM CIP length mag & tac buttstock.

Glass, MK4 8.5-25 w/illum Mil-Dot. Will be mounted in TPS highs (on the way via UPS as I type).

Ran a function test with my handloads (3.685" OAL) & it ate from the mag like a fat kid on free lunch!!
wink.gif

Pics and range report when I get the glass mounted!

Thanks again Kyle!!

well its finally here.my 338 edge repeater.i havn't shot it yet but here are the specs

savage ultra mag action
xlr industries chassis with tactical butt stock
timney trigger
boots bolt handle
ss 20x scope
warne 20moa scope base
weaver tactical rings
30 inch mcgowen barrel
rws muzzle bralke
accuracy international cip mags
hope ya'll enjoy
224371_1736595257503_1317261820_31539668_2356670_n.jpg

224355_1736595737515_1317261820_31539674_2129200_n.jpg

222232_1736596577536_1317261820_31539675_1314534_n.jpg

Just ordered mine today... I've got some time before I get it, but I'm so psyched!! Plus, it might be a good thing that its not coming until after schools out... Might cause my grades to drop if it came before then, because I would be skipping too many days haha.

Pics as promised......

Remington 700 MLR .338LM, AZ Precision bolt knob, Badger 20 MOA rail, Badger FTE break, TPS High rings (1.225") with a Leupold MK4 8.5x25x50 Illum. Mil-Dot.

Standard XLR Evolution Chassis with .338 CIP mag inlet and AICS CIP mag.

DSC00060.jpg

Here's a better look at scope clearance. TPS high 30mm rings, 1.225" from top of rail to center of ring.

DSC00061.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Da-Law-Dawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pics as promised......

Remington 700 MLR .338LM, AZ Precision bolt knob, Badger 20 MOA rail, Badger FTE break, TPS High rings (1.225") with a Leupold MK4 8.5x25x50 Illum. Mil-Dot.

Standard XLR Evolution Chassis with .338 CIP mag inlet and AICS CIP mag.

DSC00060.jpg

Here's a better look at scope clearance. TPS high 30mm rings, 1.225" from top of rail to center of ring.

DSC00061.jpg
</div></div>

that thing is perfect in every way! Whatta' sick looking rig. She'll probably shoot pretty decent too, huh?
wink.gif

Thanks FAL,

With the factory HS furniture & bedding, she was a sub-half MOA rifle with my handloads. Range trip coming up shortly & believe she is gonna be as good or better in the XLR.

XLR 308. Great system all round

[img:center]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/xlr2.jpg/]
xlr2.jpg

[img:center]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/xlr1.jpg/]
xlr1.jpg

[img:center]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/xlr3.jpg/]
xlr3.jpg

[img:center]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/xlr4.jpg/]
xlr4.jpg

i got mine a couple weeks ago but had to find taller rings! got it all torqued down today and ready to shoot!!

remington 700p factory barreled action, R&D Precision brake, badger 30moa base, nightforce ultra light rings, mark IV 6.5-20x50 ER. 300 win mag!
new300.jpg

new3004.jpg

new3003.jpg

new3002.jpg

enjoy!

My 6 weeks is up. Hopefully I'll get a tracking number here in the next week or so! I just finished my 1000 yard berm Sunday. Barrel should be here in a couple weeks too. All ive got left to get is rings and a muzzle brake.

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

The machining is top notch. Fit was perfect. The three Snipers who I demo'ed this system to all said they felt a reduction in recoil (compared to their factory LTR's).

I should have a full review up very soon. I am waiting on audio equipment to show up before we run a video review.

I know you keen observers will note the riser between the rail and rungs. This was a short notice type deal, so I was not able to wait for the correct height rings before the demo. The YHM riser seemed to work fine though.

I'm so on the fence! Biggest factor for me is that I'm leery of how high I'd have to go with rings to get a 35mm tubed 3.8-22X58 up there. I have my cheekpieces pretty much centered on the bore or just above as it is with just a Med Palma barrel and a 20moa Seekins base.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lnmi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking rigs. For you gentleman that have this chassis, I would really like to know how it handles shooting from the shoulder freehand if you had to occasionally. Thanks. </div></div>

It handles great for offhand shooting. The balance of the chassis makes it a joy and I didn't even have a sling on it. If I was properly slung up and installed a hand stop I think it would be an excellent offhand option (as long as you don't install a telephone pole barrel).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ra6ow7.jpg
</div></div>

Jason, can't you give me a minute of glory before you go rubbing your Hensoldt in my face. My poor Bushnell 10x has a complex now.
wink.gif

How high is your mount Jason?

John, I'm pretty sure you could get the job done with the Bushnell
wink.gif

LOL Lonewolf, it's actually got a Bushnell HDMR on there now, just haven't had a chance for pics.

Sobr, it's a flat Mark 4 base and AI 28moa mount. I think the ring height is "about" equivalent to 1.2" high rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL Lonewolf, it's actually got a Bushnell HDMR on there now, just haven't had a chance for pics.

Sobr, it's a flat Mark 4 base and AI 28moa mount. I think the ring height is "about" equivalent to 1.2" high rings. </div></div>

you went .223 on the build?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

you went .223 on the build?</div></div>

That one is a 223 built by Dave Tooley, it's been in an AICS and the XLR, my wife preferred the grip and the weight of the XLR. She'll be shooting that rifle at the Oregon Snipers Challenge using 80gr JLKs if I can get the load worked up.

Long term I hope to put it in an AI AX Chassis.....someday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

you went .223 on the build?</div></div>

That one is a 223 built by Dave Tooley, it's been in an AICS and the XLR, my wife preferred the grip and the weight of the XLR. She'll be shooting that rifle at the Oregon Snipers Challenge using 80gr JLKs if I can get the load worked up.

Long term I hope to put it in an AI AX Chassis.....someday. </div></div>

Would be interesting to see how they compare.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it was about a pound less.
</div></div>

I though they would be lighter than a AICS.</div></div>

Yes, sorry for not being clear, the XLR was about a pound less than the AICS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sobr, it's a flat Mark 4 base and AI 28moa mount. I think the ring height is "about" equivalent to 1.2" high rings. </div></div>

Cool, thanks for the info! Still on the fence. A bunch of us here are interested but noone want to be the guinea pig. If I didn't have to sell a stock I'm happy with to try it I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I want hands on before I step off.....

i have done a little off hand shooting with my "telephone pole barrel" and it wasn't to bad.i've got a medium target contour thats 30 inches long but the stock design makes it doable.it's not something i would like to hold off hand for any length of time but again the balance of the stock helps

Just ordered mine today. Kyle was pretty quick with the return phone call, and was helpfull on the phone. That 7 week lead time sucks, but I guess everyone is keeping him busy. I'll post some pics when it gets here.

Hillbilly, ordered mine today to. 7 weeks sounds like forever.

Tomorrow will be eight weeks for me. Build will be a Stiller tac 30 chambered in 223 ackley, 22 in barrel, suppressed, 4x16 Hensoldt.{Thanks Jasonk for the recomendation on the scope}