• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

Most likely looking for AR Height rings, although when you get everything together, you may find you can squeeze by with a set of extra highs.

Does anyone know what height Seekins rings I would need with the following setup?

Rem 700 SPS AAC-SD
XLR Evolution
SWFA SS HD 5-20x50
20 MOA base (I think it's the one made by XLR, but I'm not certain of brand. It's whatever Red Hawk Rifles mounts as an add on.)

I don't have any of this stuff in my possession yet.

Thank you.

Most likely looking for AR Height rings, although when you get everything together, you may find you can squeeze by with a set of extra highs.

Is there a way to know for sure. I see this formula on the XLR website, but I don't know what some of the values should be. For instance, what is the action diameter for Rem 700 SA? Also, is there a way know the height of the base without having it right in front of me? Can I trust basic conversion of 50mm to inches for the scope?

For standard Evolution chassis:
(actual objective diameter/2) + .9 - (action diameter/2) - base height = required ring height

So, I did the math. I was able to find all the measurements online except the height of the base, which I just guessed on based on some others. I think I would need the AR height rings. Even the extra high would just be too close.

The Remington receiver is 1.36" in diameter. Most scope bases are .3-.4 inches. If you do not know err on the short side at .3". Please note that the scopes 50mm objective is the glass size and is not the actual objective diameter. If you plan on using scope caps take that into account. Most 50mm scopes will be GTG with rings about 1.2" tall or taller. Err on the tall side for the rings. The butt stock has more than enough adjustment to get you set up. Ring height is measured from the top of the scope base to the ring center-line.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Is there a way to know for sure. I see this formula on the XLR website, but I don't know what some of the values should be. For instance, what is the action diameter for Rem 700 SA? Also, is there a way know the height of the base without having it right in front of me? Can I trust basic conversion of 50mm to inches for the scope?

For standard Evolution chassis:
(actual objective diameter/2) + .9 - (action diameter/2) - base height = required ring height

Do you happen to know the height for a Badger action with the factory rail? Mine's not in hand to measure, I need new rings or a riser to mount my Bushnell G2DMR.

N/M, I found an old post that said the rail was 1.05" above action centerline. Using the advertised 60mm for the objective OD, that gives me a height of 1.03 needed. Current rings are 1.00...

So, anything over 1.00 should work.

A while back (okay, maybe a *long* while back) someone asked about pics of rigs with long (30" or more) barrels and it didn't seem like there was a whole lot of response. Figured I'd throw a couple out there for anyone interested.

Savage 12 F/TR w/ 30" Kreiger heavy Palma contour 1-12"barrel, 2013 USFTR chamber, XLR Carbon chassis with the Heavy Duty/ bag-rider butt stock, sitting on a Center Shot carbon fiber bipod and Edgewood rear bag, wearing a Nightforce 15-55x Competition (2013) scope in extra high NF rings. Also swapped out the Ergo fat-grip for a Sierra Precision grip.

How long is that handguard and what does the set up weigh?

I use a duplin bipod, so Im still trying to figure the best way to mount it to the tube.

Here's my carbon. It's cerakoted in graphite black and sniper grey. The handguard was coated in cerakote air dry clear. I also added some relief to the magwell with some hand files and sanding before coating. I don't have the barrelled action yet, but it will be sniper grey. (Defiance deviant, bartlein 22" M24 contour, 6.5 creedmoor. Just waiting for my turn with Marc from Spartan Rifles) I've got a set of ARC M10 rings and an ATACR ready to top it off.

http://i.imgur.com/ZUzePEl.jpeg
http://i.imgur.com/KpR6bDe.jpeg
http://i.imgur.com/t7x09Oq.jpeg
http://i.imgur.com/FowDrav.jpeg
http://i.imgur.com/1nUCTD1.jpeg

Some things I learned along the way... If you're ordering one of these and plan to get it cerakoted, ask Kyle to
- not assemble the mag release lever (the roll pin is a bitch to get out)
- not apply the pad to the cheek riser (the cerakote prep work will destroy it)
- not assemble the folder (it doesn't come apart)

But Kyle was very helpful along the way, sending me replacement roll pins and cheek pad. Great customer service.

Im going for the 12" handguard chassis, and will be putting in a Remington 700 sps tactical.
This rifle has a 20" barrel, and i was wondering if anyone know how much of the barrel will be
Clear of the 12" chassis in front? Im in the ordering phase, and need to know so i dont buy a silencer
That will build to much back so its not clear of the chassis. Sorry for my bad English :)

Im going for the 12" handguard chassis, and will be putting in a Remington 700 sps tactical.
This rifle has a 20" barrel, and i was wondering if anyone know how much of the barrel will be
Clear of the 12" chassis in front? Im in the ordering phase, and need to know so i dont buy a silencer
That will build to much back so its not clear of the chassis. Sorry for my bad English :)

What Chassis?
Carbon?

If so I have that exact same setup and there is 6-3/4" of the barrel in front of the CF handguard.

1149014_10201467625947816_1549537997_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer :) i will be going for the regular evolution tactical stock, not the carbon one. I thought they were the same size only different weight? Very nice setup you have there :)

Quick coupla/three questions or so. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on one of these XLR's. Not sure the regular or the carbon.

But anyway....I have a 20" barrel......so a 16" handguard would look odd I think. So the choice will be the 12" version. However, when I re-barrel and go longer....24" or 26".......will I be able to purchase the 16" guard separately? I don't see it on the website. If it is an option, how much is it?

Also....... I'll initially be using my Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50 FFP scope on this chassis with a 20MOA base. This until I can afford better. I'll buy quality rings like Badger, Seekins, Aadland etc....but can anyone tell me what brand/height rings they use that gets the scope very close to the handguard with just enough clearance? No flip ups needed....I've stopped using them. Probably also will not be using the sun shade either but would like the option if possible.

Lastly......to fold or not to fold? Anyone care to share which way they went in their XLR purchase and why? Is the lock up on these rock solid or is there a small amount of play?

Thanks.

I have the carbon stock on a R700 SPS, with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP, on a TPS 20MOA base and rings.

I had medium rings on mine with the factory stock. When I switched to the XLR I needed to switch to high rings, but I could use a little higher even. I use flip up caps and I had to modify them the close properly.

I also didn't go with the folder at first, but after the first time trying to run a cleaning rod down the barrel, I ordered one and am happy I did.

Last edited:
Quick coupla/three questions or so. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on one of these XLR's. Not sure the regular or the carbon.

But anyway....I have a 20" barrel......so a 16" handguard would look odd I think. So the choice will be the 12" version. However, when I re-barrel and go longer....24" or 26".......will I be able to purchase the 16" guard separately? I don't see it on the website. If it is an option, how much is it?

Also....... I'll initially be using my Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50 FFP scope on this chassis with a 20MOA base. This until I can afford better. I'll buy quality rings like Badger, Seekins, Aadland etc....but can anyone tell me what brand/height rings they use that gets the scope very close to the handguard with just enough clearance? No flip ups needed....I've stopped using them. Probably also will not be using the sun shade either but would like the option if possible.

Lastly......to fold or not to fold? Anyone care to share which way they went in their XLR purchase and why? Is the lock up on these rock solid or is there a small amount of play?

Thanks.

Handguards look like they are from Lancer Systems which you can buy any length though Kyle may get them cheaper as he doesn't need their AR specific adapter.

I have Savage 10T, and I found the EGW rail that comes with the rifle extends 1 inch too long into the barrel. That causes trouble to install the handguard...

Question - I can cut the EGW a bit to fit, but does anyone know if there are any scope base (pictinay) would be short enough to fit Savage 10 (short action) and XLR without having to be cut?

Thanks for the help.

ezmu.jpg

ueg2.jpg

Almost done. Just waiting on an Atlas bipod and a few rails from Kyle. First trigger time this weekend..

Attachments

• 514081BD-60DC-4FD1-B43C-FC4B7AC0F125-8407-000027815AEE938A_zps973a2b3b.jpg
    514081BD-60DC-4FD1-B43C-FC4B7AC0F125-8407-000027815AEE938A_zps973a2b3b.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 30
Hey guys! I wonder how much barrel that sticks out if you Run a 15.5" carbon forend with a 20" barrel in a Tikka t3.
I ask this because im about to order a silencer that builds back on the barrel.

I have Savage 10T, and I found the EGW rail that comes with the rifle extends 1 inch too long into the barrel. That causes trouble to install the handguard...

Question - I can cut the EGW a bit to fit, but does anyone know if there are any scope base (pictinay) would be short enough to fit Savage 10 (short action) and XLR without having to be cut?

Thanks for the help.

View attachment 29692

View attachment 29693

Kyle will do it for free. I simply trimmed mine with a Dremel.

Anyone have ideas on how to keep the screw from hitting the side of the stock with a folder? I was thinking about coating the screw head with a "plasti-dip" or something similar...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just slapped a piece of adhesive velcro (fuzzy side) over the screw head.

Took the XLR out today to develop some cold weather DOPE at 1000 and 1100 yards..... it is .260 Rem at 2840fps with 42.5gr of H4350. Took several shots to figure the winds, then got this 2.4 inch group at 1000 yards using 8.1 mils elevation....certainly some luck involved, but I can't say enough about the great job that Mark and the guys at Accurate Ordnance did on this build.

rh1.JPG

rh2.JPG

Then used 9.7 mils at 1100 yards, with this group around 3+ inches (forget to measure it, the plate is 12" wide). Again, the winds had died down, and there was probably an element of luck with any 3-round group, but I am loving this rifle!

rh3.JPG

Last edited:
Took the XLR out today to develop some cold weather DOPE at 1000 and 1100 yards..... it is .260 Rem at 2840fps with 42.5gr of H4350. Took several shots to figure the winds, then got this 2.4 inch group at 1000 yards using 8.1 mils elevation....certainly some luck involved, but I can't say enough about the great job that Mark and the guys at Accurate Ordnance did on this build.

rh1.JPG

rh2.JPG

Then used 9.7 mils at 1100 yards, with this group around 3+ inches (forget to measure it, the plate is 12" wide). Again, the winds had died down, and there was probably an element of luck with any 3-round group, but I am loving this rifle!

rh3.JPG

Mark and the crew are building me a 6.5 Creedmoor in an XLR chassis that should be ready next week! I can't wait to get my hands on it. Nice shooting!

Hey guys quick question if I have plan stock rifle without the DBM and want this chassis how would I set it up to get the DBM. Do I have to buy the separate DBM or will it just work

A while back (okay, maybe a *long* while back) someone asked about pics of rigs with long (30" or more) barrels and it didn't seem like there was a whole lot of response. Figured I'd throw a couple out there for anyone interested.

Savage 12 F/TR w/ 30" Kreiger heavy Palma contour 1-12"barrel, 2013 USFTR chamber, XLR Carbon chassis with the Heavy Duty/ bag-rider butt stock, sitting on a Center Shot carbon fiber bipod and Edgewood rear bag, wearing a Nightforce 15-55x Competition (2013) scope in extra high NF rings. Also swapped out the Ergo fat-grip for a Sierra Precision grip.

20140121_090424_zpsfuayrbq2.jpg

What does this set up weigh?

What's the deal with the extended mag well? Is that something XLR is doing or did AO fabricate that?

Thanks
Justin

That's how it came from XLR. I also just got the Tactical Evolution for my Savage .338 and it is the same way. It must be something new that they are doing and I must say that I actually like it better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With or without the Edgewood rear bag filled with black heavy sand? ;)

I don't recall exactly, but it was plenty light... at least by F/TR standards. Maybe a fuzz over 17 lbs, shoulda wrote it down when I did weigh it. Kyle did hollow out the bag rider bar some - not a lot, maybe a 1/4" hole down the center.

FWIW... after I got this setup, I went down to Phoenix for the BSWN in early February. Had problems with my gun (not this one) and ammo, and ended up shooting Mid Tompkin's gear. He had a McMillan F-Class stock, with a plate under it that had tabs sticking out to act as 'stops' against the ears of the bag. Combined with a SEB joypod, it was pretty slick to use - and my scores jumped back to where they 'should' have been. Came home, got some things sorted out now that I knew where to start looking, and started over with this gun shown above in the XLR chassis. I found that the way the bag bar is just a fuzz smaller than the adjustable butt plate gave almost the same effect as those 'tabs' on the back of Mid's gun. The straight toe angle of the bag rider bar means pretty much all the elevation adjustment has to be done up front... and the carbon fore-end puts that Centershot bipod out there far enough that even I have trouble reaching it, at 6'5" with loooong arms.

I don't have a joy-pod yet (been waiting for them to sort out version 2.0) but I think the combination of an XLR carbon chassis with the SEB joy-pod and a good rear bag with a wide ear spacing like an Edgewood, plus a tuner on the end of the barrel... would be one hot ticket! :cool:

I believe it is the stock that comes on the Carbon chassis. Cuts a little weight, I believe he said 4oz? Just curious but does anyone know if the Carbon chassis is taking on the new magazine well that was shown by previous posters?

Last edited:

MY XLR Carbon chassis

...In Thailand....

Last edited: