• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your opinion wanted on TRG Mods

At least three actually:

Unfortunately, none of them are easily navigated.
But from what I have heard, if you give him a call or send him a mail, he will get you what you need.
I can attest he responds super quick to emails.

I bought this near rail from a member. He advertised as a trg22 rail but the action in the photo is a trg 22 and you can see the lugs dont match. He said he took it off his trg22. The lugs are spaced and shaped differently. The rail wont fit. Could it be for a TrG 42? If a trg42 action is longer then this rail would be really short in comparison.

View attachment 7403390

To add to the confusion on rails, I bought a Badger rail and it didn't fit on my 42. My 42 is different than your 22 in the Pic (different holes for screws), although the main recoil lug cutouts look the same. It does not look like it would fit the rail you bought used either.

Last edited:
I can attest he responds super quick to emails.

To add to the confusion on rails, I bought a Badger rail and it didn't fit on my 42. My 42 is different than your 22 in the Pic (different holes for screws), although the main recoil lug cutouts look the same. It does not look like it would fit the rail you bought used either.
Well hell. May need to email Near.

Well hell. May need to email Near.
I would.

Don't near rails have his name cut into the bottom? I didn't see it on that rail (maybe I'm missing it).

I'll take a Pic of my 42 and post it in a few.

So I have been through multiple iterations with mine but I think it might be done. It is a pre 2013 22 rebarreled by SAC in 6.5CM. It has a Badger rail and a Spuhr. I have not had any issues with either. I did not love the ergos of the factory stock so I went KRG. I love it!. I also was not fond of the TRG bipod so now I am full ARCA plus the spigot which gives me tons of options using an Atlas CAL. I am very happy with this setup. TRG mags fit a bit tight so I need to make a minor adjustment there. Performance is excellent if I do my part. I love that it is now a competitive performer on par (better?) than custom rigs on a 700 pattern action. TRG reliability, trigger and bolt throw/lift for the win!

wade2big... Here’s a picture of a TRG 42 receiver I found on the net albeit with broken screws.

It looks like your TRG 22.

A764E6D6-EE8E-4F35-AF02-8001CF7D54E3.jpeg

My 42: Note that it has less holes than @wade2big. Mine is a pre-'13.

I returned the Badger rail, but if I recall correctly I think the hole closest to the 4 recoil lugs (towards the buttstock) that Wade has - but I dont - is why the badger rail didnt work for me. Side Note: It doesnt have the 5 large recoil lugs, so I dont recommend anyone buy it anyway.

a9IEXra.jpg

I would.

Don't near rails have his name cut into the bottom? I didn't see it on that rail (maybe I'm missing it).

I'll take a Pic of my 42 and post it in a few.
It says near on it somewhere. That photo I posted was from months ago so I dont remember. The member sent me a pic of his trg22 that he said the mount come off of. Weird.

wade2big... Here’s a picture of a TRG 42 receiver I found on the net albeit with broken screws.

It looks like your TRG 22.

View attachment 7403491
Sure does. Thanks

My 42: Note that it has less holes than @wade2big. Mine is a pre-'13.

I returned the Badger rail, but I think the hole closest to the 4 recoil lugs that Wade has - but I dont - is why the badger rail didnt work for me. Side Note: It doesnt have the 5 large recoil lugs, so I dont recommend anyone buy it anyway.

a9IEXra.jpg
Looks similar to the trg22 just has no holes for the pins of the factory rail. I will email near and update here.

Reactions: R_Swanson
So I have been through multiple iterations with mine but I think it might be done. It is a pre 2013 22 rebarreled by SAC in 6.5CM. It has a Badger rail and a Spuhr. I have not had any issues with either. I did not love the ergos of the factory stock so I went KRG. I love it!. I also was not fond of the TRG bipod so now I am full ARCA plus the spigot which gives me tons of options using an Atlas CAL. I am very happy with this setup. TRG mags fit a bit tight so I need to make a minor adjustment there. Performance is excellent if I do my part. I love that it is now a competitive performer on par (better?) than custom rigs on a 700 pattern action. TRG reliability, trigger and bolt throw/lift for the win!

Great looking gun. Is that an ARCA rail for the spigot?

I like the idea that Atlas offers a TRG spigot for only 50 bucks, but I dont think it will work with the tension levers so I am going to have to buy a KRG - which is fine, but it annoys me they dont offer the one with the ARCA rail built in for KRG's.

Looks similar to the trg22 just has no holes for the pins of the factory rail. I will email near and update here.
Agreed. The factory rail for my pre 13 42 is this huge rail that sits super high off the gun. I have it - its hilariously big and bulky (and high).

Great looking gun. Is that an ARCA rail for the spigot?

I like the idea that Atlas offers a TRG spigot for only 50 bucks, but I dont think it will work with the tension levers so I am going to have to buy a KRG - which is fine, but it annoys me they dont offer the one with the ARCA rail built in for KRG's.

So yes ... Spigot is ARCA and I have the full length Arca rail under the chassis. I have the KRG spigot that works for the TRG stock if anyone is interested in it. It is standard picatinny style rail however.

So yes ... Spigot is ARCA and I have the full length Arca rail under the chassis. I have the KRG spigot that works for the TRG stock if anyone is interested in it. It is standard picatinny style rail however.
Yeah, I'll take that. Let me know whats fair. I'll message you.

Sorry, I wasnt paying attention and didnt notice you had the whole chassis and not the TRG forend.