• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Your Other Hobbies?

Other than shooting/reloading/hunting, I am an addicted video gamer.

Ranked in the Worldwide Top 30 on BF4 right now on PC. I'll probably end up playing Star Citizen like it was my job when it releases.

Now you all know my dirty little secret.

I've had a bunch over the years. I've played drums for most of my life and won an award or two for it in college at jazz festivals. I've shot photos for a number of different organizations, and I also sing a little barbershop every now and then.

These days shooting eats up most of my money. :p

Powered Paragliding, aka Paramotor. Cheaper than general aviation, less hassle, and way more fun!

Attachments

• IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 24
  • DSCN8494_Snapseed.jpg
    DSCN8494_Snapseed.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    856.4 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0138.JPG
    DSC_0138.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Powered Paragliding, aka Paramotor. Cheaper than general aviation, less hassle, and way more fun!

I have wanted to do this ever since I saw a huge gallery for a NatGeo photographer who takes his around the world to get some really interesting and unique aerial shots. How difficult is it to start? I've seen a lot of the paraglider guys doing some insane maneuvers and the EPs look a bit dicey. I'm used to a standard sport parachute rig, and all the lines within arms reach on those ultralight chutes make my eyes go big. Are there instructional schools around for this? Tricky to learn take off and landing?

Also, tomorrow is hobby #2 day. Track time. Vroom Vroom. Hopefully I'll have a short video clip to put up later in the week (if I don't crash and break everything again).

i am a lifelong offshore fishing nut now living my retirement dream here at Hatteras, NC. From huge Bluefin tuna, Blue Marlin, White Marlin, Dolphin. Wahoo. Bigeye Tuna, Blackfin Tuna, Yellowfin tuna, etc. have spent a lot more on this than the shooting side but between them has taken virtually all I have made all my life. Yes, I would do it all over the same way.

With most of my shooting of the Benchrest persuasion, I am having built my first Tactical, a .260 and will be introduced to the real world of shooting from the ground and worse very soon.

Separate from that, I have a 65 lb bench gun for shooting the extreme side, up to 2 miles with a few similar challenged "nuts".

Hunting both rifle and archery. I made a few of my own turkey pot calls over the winter and used them to kill 2 birds this spring

Nurburgring. That turn looks like either the Carousel or the Little Carousel, not sure.

Its the Little Carousel. I live about 30 minutes away so I like to do the touristfahren on my R1200R after work.

Attachments

• DSC_0134.jpg
    DSC_0134.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 22
I'm kinda stupid, and the only thing I'm really good at is shooting... and killing fish.... Yea, fishing. That too. So, I thought, why not put the two things together?

100_3000.jpg

I raised these three. I've got nothing left, they have sapped my precious bodily fluids.

Do a lot of this.

Do a lot of this. Best wingman ever.

I go to Fayettenam for haircuts.

I try to keep a coat of Zaino on this thing.

I've checked all of the important boxes, just waiting for the last sunset.

Last edited:
I raised these three. I've got nothing left, they have sapped my precious bodily fluids.

Do a lot of this.

Do a lot of this. Best wingman ever.

I go to Fayettenam for haircuts.

I try to keep a coat of Zaino on this thing.

I've checked all of the important boxes, just waiting for the last sunset.

You have life figured out good sir. Bravo!

I'm going tomorrow to learn how to knit. Its a dying art I think. First thing I want to make is a scope cozy.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
My ex wife learned how to knit. She figured out it is a dying art for damn good reasons. She never cussed much till she started knitting.

Did you ever do this? Sounds like a great time!! Have to come up sometime and try it!

Oh heck yes!! Didn't get out this year. But was out in 2012. It's a ball! It's one of those weird traditions that people look forward to all year, if only for the novelty of it.

Some people do it in tree stands or john boats. I go in waders. The big bullpout come into really shallow water to spawn and this is all done in flood areas along the rivers and the shores of Lake Champlain. So as long as you walk slowly and watch for the fish in front of you, you never really get in deeper than your knees.

Some folks use hi-power rifles. Some use shotgun slugs (anything that creates a lot of shock). I like a big pistol. I tried using an FN 5.7 once and it was useless. Made a lot of noise, but didn't kill any fish. The guys with the big rifles create water spouts that are hilarious.

Note that this is all done at angles more-or-less directly down into water. No 'skip' shots or risk of ricochet. You can't see a fish more than 4 - 5 feet in front of you anyway. I've never heard of anyone get hurt doing it. Probably, statistically, the safest form of hunting there is. ;-) Except for the fish!

So... yes. It is a hoot.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I've thought about this for four days now; I don't have any other hobbies. Everything else I do is vocational. Depressing.

I've thought about this for four days now; I don't have any other hobbies. Everything else I do is vocational. Depressing.

Only if it's not what you want to be doing, and even then, if it's something you've gotta do, then it's something to be proud of that you're doing it. Hobbies come and go, and most of us will never get as good as we'd like to at them. They're a way to develop ourselves and expand our interests and skillsets while having fun. If you enjoy your work, then you're one of the people I envy. I work to live, whereas I wish it were the other way around. I think that will all change when I have kids. Then my life, hobbies, and work will all be about them, and though I may miss a bit of what I used to do, I don't think I'll regret a second of it.

I shoot photography as well tho I've found I don't do it as much now that I use it as a side business. Www.creativeexposuremultimedia.com I need to get out and do some street shooting.

Not to mention people get confused when you go from talking about shooting at the range to shooting a kid in the same day on Facebook. Still laughing over that one.

Spending as much time as I can with my daughter, Flying (Have about 8,000 hours or so), Photography, Tae Kwon Do (2nd Degree), Radio Controlled Airplanes and Helicopters. Used to be an avid SCUBA Diver, but living in NV kind of quashed that.

I shoot photography as well tho I've found I don't do it as much now that I use it as a side business. Creative Exposure photography I need to get out and do some street shooting.

Not to mention people get confused when you go from talking about shooting at the range to shooting a kid in the same day on Facebook. Still laughing over that one.

I use shooting interchangeably also ;) Gets some weird looks. I had an intro post but it and my account got trashed as I didn't follow the rules - but my flickr is in my sig ;) I'll pop over your site right now.

Is that a Tiger 650? Because I had almost that exact bike a few years ago. Couldn't ride it... shifter on wrong side. But I LOVED the machine. Got it from a garage... covered in dirt. And perfect underneath. Restored it to lovely shape, but sold it after just a couple of rides. Wrong side shifting just didn't fly.

Lovely example... thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Is that a Tiger 650? Because I had almost that exact bike a few years ago. Couldn't ride it... shifter on wrong side. But I LOVED the machine. Got it from a garage... covered in dirt. And perfect underneath. Restored it to lovely shape, but sold it after just a couple of rides. Wrong side shifting just didn't fly.

Lovely example... thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Sirhr

its a Bonneville 1970. took awhile to get used to the shifter.

Last edited:
its a Bonnieville 1970. took awhile to get used to the shifter.

Lovely machine... and great restoration. In HS what I really wanted was a Norton Commando. Nothing sounds the same.

These days, old HD's and a '38 Chief. But still have a soft spot for beautiful British Iron... like yours!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Raced cross country till med bills got to high. Still need a tendon for my left thumb. I'm on the right my brother is on the left.

Attachments

• trip2013.jpg
    trip2013.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 25
GORUCK Challenges and the like. LIft some heavy shit, Hike around, drink some beer, hang with cool folks.

Attachments

• IMG_0937.JPG
    IMG_0937.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1624.JPG
    IMG_1624.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1930.JPG
    IMG_1930.JPG
    390.9 KB · Views: 24
I salt water fly fish for Redfish along the Costal Bend of Texas out of Rockport, Texas. You'll come on down and enjoy catching a big Red.

I was a certified arborist for 9 years and used to do commercial and residential tree work for a living. Got into competing in the tree climbing jamborees and recreational tree climbing. I still get high now and then. Northern CA. and the central sierras have some true giants.

First pic is from over 10 years ago. Spent a week doing tight quarters removals in Yosemite valley. Half Dome in the back drop.
Next pic is from the same tree showing the drop zone. The guy in the blue shirt and white hard hat is on the roof of a maintenance building near curry village.

A couple from a 330+ ft redwood I climbed with a couple of buddies in Grizzly Creek in Humboldt County.
3.Buddy at over 100'
4. lack of trunk taper at about 180' and
5. the two of us at just over 320' up. (I'm in the white hard hat)

Getting high is a lot of work sometimes, but I still dig it.

Attachments

• Yo half dome.jpg
    Yo half dome.jpg
    971.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Yosemite  CPon roof.jpg
    Yosemite CPon roof.jpg
    636.4 KB · Views: 16
  • GL@100'.jpg
    GL@100'.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • Half pint at 180'.jpg
    Half pint at 180'.jpg
    999 KB · Views: 20
  • 742013-R1-14.jpg
    742013-R1-14.jpg
    821.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I salt water fly fish for Redfish along the Costal Bend of Texas out of Rockport, Texas. You'll come on down and enjoy catching a big Red.

That makes two of us, but in addition to using them I build them too.
zygebuqe.jpg

Go check out the rest of my work on Facebook at rods by chris

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I do enjoy grilling and smoking meat as often as possible - and much more than a cardiologist would advise. Just got a Kamado grill/smoker and I'm in love. I also love 4x4 and offroad driving, hiking, fishing, backpacking and camping. It's gonna be a good summer!

I do enjoy grilling and smoking meat as often as possible - and much more than a cardiologist would advise. Just got a Kamado grill/smoker and I'm in love. I also love 4x4 and offroad driving, hiking, fishing, backpacking and camping. It's gonna be a good summer!

I just charcoal/cedar planked some wild caught King Salmon. Delicious and better for the old ticker.