• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO 5-27 MPCT3 on MRAD

mrad0007

Present
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2018
Mandeville, LA
I already posted about a Socom 50 suppressor in separate forum here, but apparently bought the last one of these scopes Mile High had this afternoon for a 2010 MRAD (3 digit serial # old) and was curious what others are doing with single scope / multi-caliber rifles - most seem to use AI's here, but curious on thoughts, experience, recommendations.

Say what? What do you like, who gives a rats ass on what we like.

Not sure what you’re asking. Run it like anything else.

Some have a standard barrel they use for zero and record offsets from there. Others just zero each barrel when they swap.

I’m mainly curious what others were doing in terms of zero for one scope with a multi-caliber rifle. I’m finally getting around to buying the conversion kits for the MRAD and have initially purchased a 17” .308, 24” .260, and still have 338 LM. I shoot another .308 bolt gun the most just to keep myself honest on my capabilties, I was also simply curious on what others do/have with multi-caliber rifle setups just to get opinions - opinions don’t bother me and generally you can learn from them.

@reubenski mentioned, he records offsets. That is what I do. I also have a Tangent on my DT, I can easily slip that turret when I change calibers (no tools necessary). Just make sure you have a good DOPE book and record your zero for each caliber in relation to the original zero/caliber.

Search - I bet this has been covered. As far as the ZCO, sure its a good optic. Best is subjective and you don't need to spend so much money if you are still asking what others like.

ZCO, Tangent Theta, Nightforce, Kahles. Flip a coin and choose one.

@reubenski mentioned, he records offsets. That is what I do. I also have a Tangent on my DT, I can easily slip that turret when I change calibers (no tools necessary). Just make sure you have a good DOPE book and record your zero for each caliber in relation to the original zero/caliber.

Search - I bet this has been covered. As far as the ZCO, sure its a good optic. Best is subjective and you don't need to spend so much money if you are still asking what others like.

ZCO, Tangent Theta, Nightforce, Kahles. Flip a coin and choose one.
Thanks, makes sense, figured I would try the ZCO out, if I end up wanting something different then I will just get something else, biggest thing for me is I am trying to take the effort to get involved with the shooting community more and see what i can learn from other’s experiences.

got this yesterday afternoon, now to find time from work to go use it
014F3480-530C-4E9C-BE2E-741E5A6F12D0.jpeg