• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic update

20200323_131803.jpg

Brown Santa came with a gift, now just need covid to go away so I can take her out ?

Nice find! Without sharing too many details, all I can say right now is it's a new project. Details to be released later when we are closer to having prototypes for testing. ??

@CSTactical After the current pig is completely fed...can I start a Pre-Paid-Pig Account (PPPA) for a later project that we can't discuss or talk about? :)

Reactions: CSTactical
I finger banged a ZCO pretty hard at the last match. Super nice lens and I like the feel of the turrets. The only small complaint is the parallax is not as forgiving as a schmidt. I know for my eyes, 100 to 300 yards, I had to turn the parallax knob to get clear picture at every 100 yards. Not too sure about 300 and beyond but I'll mess with it again.

I finger banged a ZCO pretty hard at the last match. Super nice lens and I like the feel of the turrets. The only small complaint is the parallax is not as forgiving as a schmidt. I know for my eyes, 100 to 300 yards, I had to turn the parallax knob to get clear picture at every 100 yards. Not too sure about 300 and beyond but I'll mess with it again.

Did you have the diopter set for your eyes? In our experience the ZCO is much more forgiving than the S&B, I'm sure others can also chime in :)

Did you have the diopter set for your eyes? In our experience the ZCO is much more forgiving than the S&B, I'm sure others can also chime in :)

Diopter might help.

I don’t really pay much attention inside 300 as most optics will be a bit picky closer in.

Past 300 it is definitely forgiving much like the theta parallax.

Last world was April. I wouldn’t expect much news until then.

Okay, was hoping for end of this month as that's the information i received at first.
But doesn't matter much now as they have postponed the competitions i where going to attend to in April and May.
So probably wont be any matches before the end of summer/autumn(hopefully) because of the damn virus.

I have a zcomp on the way. Should be here Friday/Saturday. Got to look at a couple at the last match I attended and it definitey
Caught my eye. I may have missed it but which tenebraex caps fit the 527

Reactions: b2lee
I have a zcomp on the way. Should be here Friday/Saturday. Got to look at a couple at the last match I attended and it definitey
Caught my eye. I may have missed it but which tenebraex caps fit the 527

My Tenebraex caps came in yesterday from CS Tactical and they fit/operate perfectly on my 5-27!

Reactions: CSTactical
Nice...anyone got an update on reticles making it back to the USA for the MPCT3?

Still waiting on our first batch of MPCT3 reticles.

Thanks for the reply @gebhardt02 ....I do have a question for you. I'm at work sitting here looking at the pricing on some ceramic nozzles that have a 0.0003" orifice. They are extremely expensive for their size...about 3mm width, 2mm length...I've been told their manufacturing failure rate is over 50%.

So, when etching precision reticels...what is a guesstimate on failure rate of manufacture?

Last edited:
Just placed order ZCO 527 for my AXMC with free spuhr mount QDP 6002. But I'm still deciding if QDP 6002 is little high for the AXMC? Should I exchange it to 6001?

Just placed order ZCO 527 for my AXMC with free spuhr mount QDP 6002. But I'm still deciding if QDP 6002 is little high for the AXMC? Should I exchange it to 6001?
This is a 6001 on my sako.

Attachments

• 10776552-3B0B-4405-93ED-8D4BE345F3B3.jpeg
    10776552-3B0B-4405-93ED-8D4BE345F3B3.jpeg
    677.2 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: hk401

Ring height should be dictated by the proper rifle setup. Not with what looks “right.”

Set your rifle up properly without an optic on it. Then use the ring height that puts the optic in front of your eye from there without having to adjust your setup.

Picking a ring height first and adjust you/the rifle to the optic is backwards.

Reactions: Bkultra
Ring height should be dictated by the proper rifle setup. Not with what looks “right.”

Set your rifle up properly without an optic on it. Then use the ring height that puts the optic in front of your eye from there without having to adjust your setup.

Im very short 5'4. It does make me uncomfortable to shoot if the scope mount is not right.

does that mean that no matter what the ring height should be the lowest? Or, should a shooter consider options considering flip caps? Or should the shooter be contemplative of the overall system capability?

does that mean that no matter what the ring height should be the lowest? Or, should a shooter consider options considering flip caps? Or should the shooter be contemplative of the overall system capability?

Height above bore doesn’t really matter. It’s a number you plug into your calculator and then it’s done.

Take your rifle without optics, set it up to fit you properly. Length of pull, check height etc. The key word is properly. Where it sits in the proper place with your body to utilize proper fundamentals.

Then use whatever height rings you need to put the optic in front of your eye without changing anything on the rifle or moving your head. Or at least the closest you can get if they don’t make a height that’s exactly there and you have to adjust by a .1-.2”

It will almost always be noticeably higher than using the shortest rings possible to clear the barrel or handguard. Scope caps will likely fit.

If not, I would not sacrifice proper height just for caps. Just put a neoprene cover on the optic when not in use.

Reactions: chrome
Height above bore doesn’t really matter. It’s a number you plug into your calculator and then it’s done.

Take your rifle without optics, set it up to fit you properly. Length of pull, check height etc. The key word is properly. Where it sits in the proper place with your body to utilize proper fundamentals.

Then use whatever height rings you need to put the optic in front of your eye without changing anything on the rifle or moving your head. Or at least the closest you can get if they don’t make a height that’s exactly there and you have to adjust by a .1-.2”

It will almost always be noticeably higher than using the shortest rings possible to clear the barrel or handguard. Scope caps will likely fit.

If not, I would not sacrifice proper height just for caps. Just put a neoprene cover on the optic when not in use.
If I hear you right, then there is room for folks to take into account the full adjustability of the system before they compromise on too high or low of rings. Ther is a lot of places people can see information that is limiting. Just want them to have the best opportunity to see that they should optimize the system.

Last edited:

^This. I have a longer neck and bigger grape than most, and I am expotentially more comfortable with higher mounts/rings compared to most.

It took more time for me to come to terms with that than it should have as I was letting the height over bore dogma cloud what really mattered.

For those who have not seen it yet o_O

Get a free $410 Spuhr mount with your purchase of a Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 and ZC420 with the MPCT1 or MPCT2 from now until May 31st. We are setting this up on our site but feel free to order it and put which Spuhr mount you'd like in the notes: https://www.cstactical.com/Zero-Compromise-Optic or call us at 916-670-1103 and we will get you set up.

Image may contain: possible text that says 'FREE SPUHR MOUNT OR ARC RINGS WITH A ZERO COMPROMISE OPTICS MPCT1 OR MPCT2 4-20 OR 5-27 VALID UNTIL END OF MAY! NOT APPLY τΟ SPUHR QD MOUNTS (916)-670-1103 1103 WW WWW.CSTACTICAL.COM'

5-27 MPCT3 showed up today, thanks @Mile High Shooting. Range report to follow this weekend

I agree earlier with someone's sentiment, the turrets feel even MORE positive than my original 420 (didn't know that could be possible). Mag ring is butter smooth with the right amount of resistance.

I am relatively new to tree reticles (mpct2 and gen3xr) but the level of comfort I found via 30 minutes of dry fire practice was surprisingly high. Super scientific I know, but fucking covid19 prevents me from doing to the range this evening.

20200428_154656.jpg

Attachments

• 20200428_152945.jpg
    20200428_152945.jpg
    609.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Recieved my ZC527 with the MPCT3 ret on Monday.
Going to hit the range as soon as the white shit melts away...

But by touching and playing around with it at home, i'm pretty sure it's going to be awesome.

95410062_10218387130533219_6906018614072049664_o.jpg

Little Piggie is hard at work now:

View attachment 7264110

This little piggie worked hard....and saved his pennies...and now...for the first time ever....a TRUE 'poors' has purchased a tier 1 scope. Anyone that wants a ZCO and thinks they simply can't afford to attain that dream.....think again....just call @CSTactical and he can put the above piggy to work for you.

I can't wait to give some first impressions...but not yet....because the scope has been sent off to Cerakote to get some bling bling.....thinking about putting some chrome spinners on the turrets!!!!....nah...just kidding....going GOLD SPINNERS!!!

This little piggie worked hard....and saved his pennies...and now...for the first time ever....a TRUE 'poors' has purchased a tier 1 scope. Anyone that wants a ZCO and thinks they simply can't afford to attain that dream.....think again....just call @CSTactical and he can put the above piggy to work for you.

I can't wait to give some first impressions...but not yet....because the scope has been sent off to Cerakote to get some bling bling.....thinking about putting some chrome spinners on the turrets!!!!....nah...just kidding....going GOLD SPINNERS!!!
That’s awesome man. You’re gonna love it.

Sorry I've been quiet today, we're in the middle of moving to our new shop :geek:

Where will your new location be and good luck with the move.
Hopefully out of Kalifornia... for your sake. I'm sure evil black riflescopes will soon be banned in the state. Putting Kali aside, I think CS Tactical and Mike and Richard are great to work with, top shelf for sure!

My state of NJ is almost as bad as California and they have closed all the ranges for 2 months now.I just checked and my stimulus check should be here next week and I am now ready to pick up my second ZC 4x20 with the free ARC rings.So Richard I will be calling you soon.