• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic update

It may not be any ONE specific thing that sets us apart, but a combination. We are offering a feature set that is near comprehensive for what shooters have been looking for; locking turrets, Return 2 Zero that offers 0.5 mil below, large adjustment range (35 mils elevation/20 mils windage), easy reset turrets and R2Z, low profile and wide diameter turrets with 15 mils in one rotation with wider spaced clicks, larger engraving for easier readability, locking diopter, nice mil based reticles with 0.2 mil indications throughout and floating dot, advanced illumination system offering user selectable red or green, and an optical performance that we firmly believe will be the best in the industry. We weren't trying to reinvent a new scope or technology, just provide a superior product with a feature set and performance at the very top of the industry.

We are very excited to get these out "in the wild" but are doing our due diligence in assembly, testing, and QC before anything ships out. Again, we appreciate everybody's patience, we are working as hard as we can and apologize for the delays.

anim_erection.gif

This may be the finest rifle scope ever made. problem is, I have the third finest riflescope made, or the fourth. Or both. And it beats the shit out of the problem I bought it to solve, which is 2km.

As such, I need something in the next order of magnitude to make me move from the ATACR. There is no way moving from the atacr is going do more for me than getting the new terrapin X or another barrels worth of ammo.

King - unlike FOM in NV, there isn't an objective measure for tracking, optical clarity, reticle design, etc. in scopes, so there isn't a $/metric value you can assign.

I have nothing to do with ZCO but have been involved in tech development in the medical field for years. The figure of merit for a ZCO, or other scope, is going to be written in user feedback and feel on forums like this and others. Requiring titanically different performance seems too high a bar.

However, your last comment does hit a truth - that being that any new product has to offer a relative value proposition. Perhaps the erector mechanism in the 36 mm tube works better, perhaps the glass has a different coating that is more color true. I have no idea, but I'm hoping that the composite product is a net add.

Obviously, I cannot speak for the community that we are looking for this particular product. But, at the same time, it seems a common theme that we're all looking for improvements in ourselves, our equipment and our performance.

Reactions: Hippy_Steve
Bad "press" for having to wait too long for a product is a hell of a lot better than bad "press" for having shoved something out the door that is defective.

A company can eventually get past the first one, however, bad press for putting out a bad product (even if eventually fixed ) can ruin a company's reputation forever.

I believe he was asking at what power do you lose the ability to see the entire reticle for holdovers.

Perhaps I missed this on the youtube vids and info on the company website, but do these scopes have a rev indicator built into the elevation turret? Or was that problem solved a different way?

Have the select individuals and dealers received the first batch yet?

At 27x there is 7.2 mils down from center on the reticle. At 5x there is 34 mils visible below center. Hope that helps

A couple more reticle questions...

1. Do you have details on the reticle that include width of the lines?
2. How far down does the tree go? Does it max out at 12 mils and just a vertical line after that?

A couple more reticle questions...

1. Do you have details on the reticle that include width of the lines?
2. How far down does the tree go? Does it max out at 12 mils and just a vertical line after that?

Here you go.....

Sincerely a ZCO fan

Attachments

• 5689A661-50C8-4AD3-8F03-1E0F3E3E3FE3.jpeg
    5689A661-50C8-4AD3-8F03-1E0F3E3E3FE3.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 183
  • 9401BCEC-DC3E-442B-9891-E11C548F3442.jpeg
    9401BCEC-DC3E-442B-9891-E11C548F3442.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 180
Their product catalog shows more detailed images of the reticles, it looks like they extend all the way out to the 35 mils of adjustment range, here's a screen grab.

Attachments

• reticle_2.jpg
    reticle_2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 98
Look epic.
Hopefully once all is said and done you look at a lower mag option that’s a bit lighter.
Looking forward to seeing reviews on these once they hit the shelves.

Im so looking forward to the 4X20.Been saving my cash since shot show and I'm almost there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glassaholic
Do these tunnel like S&B?

While anything could happen, I highly doubt any newly designed scope by any reputable manufacturer is going to accept a design that tunnels like the Schmidt 5-25 does, the Schmidt's issues with tunneling have been well documented and fixed with newer models from even Schmidt. You have to remember that the Schmidt 5-25 was basically the pioneer of the design years ago and most mfr's have improved upon that (with regard to tunneling). I do not expect we'll see any kind of significant tunneling with the ZCO scopes.

While anything could happen, I highly doubt any newly designed scope by any reputable manufacturer is going to accept a design that tunnels like the Schmidt 5-25 does, the Schmidt's issues with tunneling have been well documented and fixed with newer models from even Schmidt. You have to remember that the Schmidt 5-25 was basically the pioneer of the design years ago and most mfr's have improved upon that (with regard to tunneling). I do not expect we'll see any kind of significant tunneling with the ZCO scopes.

I agree, unfortunately I bought the Schmidt without having hands on it and I was disappointed.

I’m kinda doing the same thing here.

Had to ask.

Thanks.

Our scopes do not tunnel at the low mag ranges.

Obviously you guys are just as anxious to get these out to the market as we are to get them but is there any talk about anything in the future like a lightweight 2-12 for gas guns? I'm sure if these are as successful as we all hope they are we will be screaming for more.

Reactions: TheMammoth
I’d just like a realistic time frame if a guy was going to put done coin tomorrow....

I’d just like a realistic time frame if a guy was going to put done coin tomorrow....

Do what I’m doing. Start saving for it and keep saving. If it’s not out once I have enough for a TT or an AI-AX, buy that.

Reactions: Renomd
I’ll tell you this, save your $$$ I’ve stopped spending. This release WILL be HUGE, and this scope will be incredible.... period. I have one on preorder I might acquire two depending on how the first goEs....HUGE!

I’ll tell you this, save your $$$ I’ve stopped spending. This release WILL be HUGE, and this scope will be incredible.... period. I have one on preorder I might acquire two depending on how the first goEs....HUGE!
Whos taking pre order?

@nick338, No, we haven't discussed that style of scope just yet. We are doing everything we can just to get these two models wrapped up and into full production.

I figured as much, just trying to plant that seed and think ahead, since we all love new gear!

Can't wait for this release though...

Ah, I just did a 10% estimated deposit. You should call @CSTactical and ask Richard if there’s still availability. I think they shut the list down though.

I’m going to guess both MHSA and CS Tactical shut the list down because the release date is months behind...not because people were throwing their money at them.

I don’t see the point of a pre order since we have no release date I’m the foreseeable future.

What’s the issue? Funding, part sourcing, waiting for after October for Taxes or some shit?
This train better not be going down the same path that the whole Hudson 9 peeps did...

I’ve tried hard to be a Believer but without any product it’s tough to keep chasing a unicorn.

Last edited:
I’m going to guess both MHSA and CS Tactical shut the list down because the release date is months behind...not because people were throwing their money at them.

I don’t see the point of a pre order since we have no release date I’m the foreseeable future.

What’s the issue? Funding, part sourcing, waiting for after October for Taxes or some shit?
This train better not be going down the same path that the whole Hudson 9 peeps did...

I’ve tried hard to be a Believer but without any product it’s tough to keep chasing a unicorn.

Well it's a combo of both, I wouldn't feel comfortable with 50+ pre-orders back in January without a firm release date. But a dozen or more people wanted to pay up front in full for one or more :eek:

Reactions: ND Precision Rifle
I've said it before and I guess I'll re-iterate it again.

Give them time. Introducing a new scope to the market is easy when you go to an OEM and tell them what specs you want. It is really difficult when you are doing it in-house.

I expect the scope to be good, but I am not placing any unreasonable expectations on it and I do not think it is wise to speculate too much on how exactly it will perform.

All the people who are in a rush to buy one, are in a rush because of the people involved. You trust them to make a worthwhile product. Well, how about you give them the time to do it right?

ILya