• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic update

well just had my choice of the Zero or NF 7-35x56 MIL-XT, went with the NF. Just don't think the Zero is worth the extra $600.

For the price, you'd think they'd include a set of Butler Creek flip covers. Jeebus Christ, they cost about $1 when you buy them in bulk, wholesale.

Maybe not a buck but for a $3000+ scope I would imagine they could find some room for the flip covers.

For the price, you'd think they'd include a set of Butler Creek flip covers. Jeebus Christ, they cost about $1 when you buy them in bulk, wholesale.

Maybe not a buck but for a $3000+ scope I would imagine they could find some room for the flip covers.

Considering the competition pricing and tier level of the optic, I’d say they did pretty good to keep it at $35/3600.

And that’s introductory pricing. I’d imagine once it’s out there more and more dealers pop up, you’ll see it for a little less.

Reactions: Desert Raven
well just had my choice of the Zero or NF 7-35x56 MIL-XT, went with the NF. Just don't think the Zero is worth the extra $600.
I have the same question, why post that here, and now? If you want the NF great. You don't want to spend the extra $$, your choice, fine... no worries.
But to just say it's not worth the extra, without anyone putting out any sort of qualitative review, no comparisons-- you've certainly not touched one and therefore no expert on them... why did you even post that? That was a retarded thing to say.

Reactions: Bravo6niner
It kind of read that he had one in hand and decided to go NF. He could have been at Mile High or something, who knows. Just giving benefit of the doubt.

Certainly a valid decision. I have a ZCO mounted up and took my ATACR off. The ATACR still compares favorably on different fronts so I can understand his reasoning. That said the MPACT2 is a better tree reticle than the MIL XT, in my opinion. No 1 mil line and less dots everywhere....

Reactions: sleeplz
Not sure why some people feel entitled to tell others not to post certain things in forums. We talk about freedom in the 2A community but want to silence people for expressing ideas.

Reactions: magtech
I assume they won't be shipping until after shot? Wondering when I can realistically get my hands on one. My credit card is primed up lol..

Well that settles it. You just saved me $600

Not sure why some people feel entitled to tell others not to post certain things in forums. We talk about freedom in the 2A community but want to silence people for expressing ideas.

Because it was just a random statement......didn’t express an idea. Didn’t give an explanation. Didn’t provide anything of value to the forum.

That’s why.

Looking forward to seeing ZCOMP first hand at SHOT on Tuesday will be one of my first stops. Going to need a new scope for my ELR rig which i still dont know what caliber I am going to go with.

Reactions: trophyhunter
I hope they come with some type of lens covers.
They come with clear lens covers like the old Kahles.
Aadmount is also working on covers.

Attachments

• 20190116_110010.jpg
    20190116_110010.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 137
Because it was just a random statement......didn’t express an idea. Didn’t give an explanation. Didn’t provide anything of value to the forum.

That’s why.

Not only that but where is there a NF 7-35x56 Mil XT for $3000.00?

Right now the ZCO scopes come with bikini type covers. We are working with Tenebraex as well as Aadland for appropriate sized covers of high quality, but these aren't included at this point.
Nice. Was hoping there might be something with Aadland! Not sure if anyone OEM’s them but it’d be great if ZCO would at some point, I like them better than Tenebraex for the quick release on the rear ocular.

Can’t wait for the ZC420 to come out and really curious to see how it compares to the K318i

Dthomas3523 said:

That’s why.

Not only that but where is there a NF 7-35x56 Mil XT for $3000.00?

He states that ZCO wasn't worth 600$ more. Just because his opinion doesn't match yours doesn't mean there's some value. Learn to look at things from all angles. And mil discount gets you very close, or used.

Please. His post was completely random and totally valueless. Had nothing to do with the ZCO scope and it's release except to say he had the option to buy both, same option every one here has. Point being if you're going to shit on a thread at least come forward with an explanation why. It would have been a much better received opinion if it was backed up with specific comparisons and not just an empty statement.

And good luck getting a used scope that hasn't even been released yet.

Reactions: Soulezoo
Please. His post was completely random and totally valueless. Had nothing to do with the ZCO scope and it's release except to say he had the option to buy both, same option every one here has. Point being if you're going to shit on a thread at least come forward with an explanation why. It would have been a much better received opinion if it was backed up with specific comparisons and not just an empty statement.

And good luck getting a used scope that hasn't even been released yet.

How about we all drop the drama and let the thread return to it's intended subject matter? A comment was made, useful or not, and that's that. Bickering over it does absolutely nothing useful to tbe intent of the thread anymore so than the comment in question. Move on. We have a glorious new optic to discuss!

How about we all drop the drama and let the thread return to it's intended subject matter? A comment was made, useful or not, and that's that. Bickering over it does absolutely nothing useful to tbe intent of the thread anymore so than the comment in question. Move on. We have a glorious new optic to discuss!

Fair enough

New latest greatest vs. known quality. The wiseman goes with known quality.

Although I don't doubt ZCO's new latest and greatest is everything they claim. I wouldn't want to be the tester nor pay the premium of a low availability/high demand product. Supply low, Demand high = premium prices. Other's are more than willing to be first. I can fully understand that as well.

Nice. Was hoping there might be something with Aadland! Not sure if anyone OEM’s them but it’d be great if ZCO would at some point, I like them better than Tenebraex for the quick release on the rear ocular.

Aside from the quick release on the ocular, I love how my Aadland caps go flat upon opening,. Since Jon makes each cap to order, I don't know if ZCO would be able to get enough to include them with each scope, but even if they worked with Jon and offered something like a coupon code for X% off your order for ZCO scope caps, I think that would be a great bonus

What's wrong with going and buying the covers of your preference when they are available, separately? People complaining about the scope not coming with flip covers is hilarious. I would be more upset about a set of AAD covers increasing the price when I personally wouldn't use them

I'm definitely interested in both ZCO models. If anyone wants to live without theirs for a little while I can compare it to a TT525 lol

Dthomas3523 said:

That’s why.

He states that ZCO wasn't worth 600$ more. Just because his opinion doesn't match yours doesn't mean there's some value. Learn to look at things from all angles. And mil discount gets you very close, or used.

When he develops an opinion based on testing both optics, let me know.

Has anyone had time to mess with parallax settings? Curious as to what point it’s parallax free.

Also hoping someone south of Houston has one. I’m on list for next batch, but would love to check one out.

Took the ZCO for a quick spin just to fine tune a load, and then hit a few plates from 400 to 1020. Honestly I think Frank summed it up pretty well. ZCO has a Tier 1 scope that does everything very well and very simply. I definitely enjoy the best scopes, but at this level I'm not going to pretend to critique glass, and today was a short session. It was very sunny, and no CA on paper. The resolution is great, the glass is great. My 5-25 ATACR looks pretty dang good to my eye too. The ZCO is easy to get behind and has larger edge to edge view than my ATACR, meaning the ATACR has a little more of the black tube showing on the edges. ZCO is more like my Premier and AMG in that respect. You see very little scope edge. Parallax is very forgiving. I knew I would like the reticle because I really like the MILC, and the ZCO has a very similar 0.2 hash layout/orientation. Keeping the center open without a 1 mil line makes the MPCT2 reticle the best tree I've seen. Tilt to turn off illumination is pretty cool too.

The ZCO's top turret keeps re-zeroing simple and easy so that is appreciated. There seems to be the tiniest bit of play in the turret simply as a function of the pull to unlock feature. Really no complaints here, but it is 15 mils per rev and if I had to pick a favorite in feel I still like the 12 mil per rev and the knurling better on my ATACR, but that is simply nitpicking.

I’d say the meat and potatoes of this scope is as good or better than the primary tier 1 scopes and everything else will be arguing little user preferences.

Took the ZCO for a quick spin just to fine tune a load, and then hit a few plates from 400 to 1020. Honestly I think Frank summed it up pretty well. ZCO has a Tier 1 scope that does everything very well and very simply. I definitely enjoy the best scopes, but at this level I'm not going to pretend to critique glass, and today was a short session. It was very sunny, and no CA on paper. The resolution is great, the glass is great. My 5-25 ATACR looks pretty dang good to my eye too. The ZCO is easy to get behind and has larger edge to edge view than my ATACR, meaning the ATACR has a little more of the black tube showing on the edges. ZCO is more like my Premier and AMG in that respect. You see very little scope edge. Parallax is very forgiving. I knew I would like the reticle because I really like the MILC, and the ZCO has a very similar 0.2 hash layout/orientation. Keeping the center open without a 1 mil line makes the MPCT2 reticle the best tree I've seen. Tilt to turn off illumination is pretty cool too.

The ZCO's top turret keeps re-zeroing simple and easy so that is appreciated. There seems to be the tiniest bit of play in the turret simply as a function of the pull to unlock feature. Really no complaints here, but it is 15 mils per rev and if I had to pick a favorite in feel I still like the 12 mil per rev and the knurling better on my ATACR, but that is simply nitpicking.

I’d say the meat and potatoes of this scope is as good or better than the primary tier 1 scopes and everything else will be arguing little user preferences.

Ah the edge to edge view I have so longed for....

I am most interested in the 4-20. Worried that the reticles aren't going to be useable on the low end and may need to stick with a S&B with a MSR or other thicker reticle on the UltraShorts for hunting rigs. Will be good to see one hands on first before pulling the trigger on one. Good thing MH is only an hour from me.

Last edited:
so optically, in your opinion how do you compare ZCO 5-27 to Minox ZP5 5-25?
so optically, in your opinion how do you compare ZCO 5-27 to Minox ZP5 5-25?

I just got my ZCO today and haven’t looked through it much yet but so far all I can say about it is WOW!!!! The edge to edge clarity is phenomenal and the imagine rivals or meets the TT. I looked through a new minox last week and was very happy with it. On a sunny day the minox was very similar to my s&b, on a cloudy day I felt the s&b was a bit better than the minox. The mr4 reticle is awesome though!!! To my eye the ZCO beats the minox or s&b pretty easily.

Reactions: exoto1225
I just got my ZCO today and haven’t looked through it much yet but so far all I can say about it is WOW!!!! The edge to edge clarity is phenomenal and the imagine rivals or meets the TT. I looked through a new minox last week and was very happy with it. On a sunny day the minox was very similar to my s&b, on a cloudy day I felt the s&b was a bit better than the minox. The mr4 reticle is awesome though!!! To my eye the ZCO beats the minox or s&b pretty easily.

So you currently own a ZP5 also and compaired them side by side? Or just looked through one last week? Just trying to get apples to apples same day looking at the same objects comparison. Thanks for the info regardless.

edge to edge clarity is great

So you currently own a ZP5 also and compaired them side by side? Or just looked through one last week? Just trying to get apples to apples same day looking at the same objects comparison. Thanks for the info regardless.

I did not compare them on the same day and I do not own a minox but had the minox for a couple days to demo. The minox is a great unit but it didn’t give me the wow factor the ZCO or a TT does.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
ZCO glass beats minox pretty well in my opinion. Probably find a dozen people ready to argue with me on that but that’s my call from testing zco today, it’s on another level. It has a wow factor that I didn’t even get with my tangent theta out of the box. Not saying it’s better glass but it rivals it for sure. I need to get them out side by side this week to say any more.

Obviously all subjective stuff here don’t get pissed at me for saying it’s better than your favorite scope.

I don't have a ZCO so no dog in that fight. Just looking for a comparison. The TT is my favorite so far followed by the Minox. Others fall in line behind that. Hoping someone would give the TT a run for it's money on the top.

How about some thoughts on the turrets, or a video on them?

As soon as this shutdown is over (and someone buys my k318i), I’ll have a zco and we will put it side by side with TT, Schmidt, Minox, Kahles.

Reactions: Basher