• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes zero stop function

Re: zero stop function

It's useful because in fast paced situations (matches for me cause I'm no "real" operator) I've seen a guy with a Nightforce forget what turn he was on and be "zeroed" one full revolution above his real zero. So his next shot at 100 was 10" high. Oops.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's useful because in fast paced situations (matches for me cause I'm no "real" operator) I've seen a guy with a Nightforce forget what turn he was on and be "zeroed" one full revolution above his real zero. So his next shot at 100 was 10" high. Oops.

</div></div>

+1 it helps if you loose your way. Forget how many turns one did simply turn it back to zero where it stops and was previously set for ones initial zero and start again. Really good if one shoots in low light and counts clicks.

If you shoot much at longer ranges, it is just a matter of time before you forget what dope you left on the rifle. If your scope has multiple turns available for elevation (all but a few do), the zero stop allows you 'get back to zero' (100 yards for most of us) without having to try to guess which revolution is the right one. 10 inches off at 100 yards is one thing, 100 inches off at 1,000 yards can be very frustrating, especially when you can't spot the bullet impact. Those of us who shoot long range competition see one or more competitor trying to figure out which elevation revolution they are on at least every other match. Of course having a zero stop doesn't guarantee you won't screw up unless you are very anal about always counting up from the stop every time you get into position. It is easy to get distracted or rattled, even during a sedentary NRA long range match. The likelihood of being distracted/rattled goes up dramatically during 'tactical' matches, and is even higher while hunting. The zero stop is a tool which, when used conscientiously, reduces the likelihood of a 'fog of war' screwup. As a savvy competitor once observed: "He who screws up least, wins."

What does the zero stop look like on the NF scopes? i maybe buying one with it on it and need to know its on it.

If the turret stops spinning after a full revolution, its safe to say it has a zero stop.