• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors 260 bolt action suppressed?

07zx6r

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Ft.Rucker AL
I am having a rifle built, possibly in 260..just wondering how they sound suppressed with a 7.62 can..only found one video on youtube but the sound quality wasnt great.. thanks

Re: 260 bolt action suppressed?

Besides having a 6.5 suppressor made for you..... you dont really have many options for something different. All my 30 cal cans make 260 sound like a paintball gun. You will be happy with the 30cal can on the 260.

My 260 with my tigershark can sounds just like my 308 with it. This is to me. My friends tend to agree also. Hope this helps.

thanks for the replies.. i would assume the recoil probably feels like a paintball gun also.. can shooting a smaller caliber thru a 30 can have any negatives effects on accuracy? i wouldnt think so, but this is my first can and im still waiting for the paperwork to come back... i have heard alot of people say that their accuracy gets better when shooting with a suppressor, however i wasnt sure if that still applies when shooting a different caliber thru a can designed otherwise.

Caliber is not an issue. Some cans shoot better than others. You will just have to check it when you get it to make sure you don't get weird flyers with the can on vs. off. Recoil is fantastic. Once you go "can" you won't go back.

I got to hear Shane's (from Thunder Beast Arms) 260 bolt action with a TBAC 30P1 on it. I had to ask him if he was shooting sub-sonic ammo. He grinned and then showed me the super-sonic ammo he was shooting. He also let me shoot it. That was an awesome experience. It was crazy and very quiet.

I am sending off my paper work today to get my tax stamp for a Thunder Beast 30P1!

I shoot a 260 (bolt) with a TBAC 30P-1. It's pretty quiet. Every 260 shooter I can think of (that I know) uses a 30 cal can.

When I was ordering the 30P-1, I asked if I could have it built with a 6.5mm bore (vs 7.62mm/30cal). ThunderBeast said yes, but didn't recommend it due to the lack of versatility between calibers. I'm glad I took their advice and went with the standard 30P-1... now I use it on a 300 Blackout as well.

Don't worry about the extra 'bore' dimension. It even sounds good on my 223 (AR-15).

I run my 6.5CM bolt action on a 30c suppressor without any issues. It's easily ear safe unless you're in closed quarters like a covered/enclosed shooting lane.

Got a phone number? I took a video of my friend shoot his AW in .260 with a .308 Tiger Shark suppressor. I should have taken a video of it without a can as well, but I was impressed with how it suppressed the .260. It gives a "sharper" sound in my opinion, but the video is kind of neat anyways. I wanted to see how the sound picked up on the iphone, and it's a pretty accurate representation. I wasn't wearing ear pro while he was shooting, and didn't experience any sort of ringing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got a phone number? I took a video of my friend shoot his AW in .260 with a .308 Tiger Shark suppressor. I should have taken a video of it without a can as well, but I was impressed with how it suppressed the .260. It gives a "sharper" sound in my opinion, but the video is kind of neat anyways. I wanted to see how the sound picked up on the iphone, and it's a pretty accurate representation. I wasn't wearing ear pro while he was shooting, and didn't experience any sort of ringing.</div></div>

War eagle. Didnt know AU had a shooting club when I was there. I have a sass arbitor TI qd. Plenty of vids on the net of people running sub calibers through one. Its surprising how high the sub caliber performance can be on most cans.

Last week played hooky from work and went shooting out on the Pawnee grasslands. Four of the shooters there were using the TBAC 30p with 260's and two were using 30-p's with 7wsm's. All I can say is that I was really impressed with the sound reduction - a dull "wump and hiss".

We were shooting steel from 300 past 1,000 yards. From the comments and "pings" it seems that there are no ill effects with accuracy with this can.

I was shooting a 260 w a sure fire break (without the can awaiting paperwork) and kind of rained on everyone's parade. Had I not showed up I don't think anyone would have donned their hearing protection.

Good shooting ...

I love my TBAC 30P-1 on my 260 Rem. POI shift is minimal and accuracy is not affected. Sound suppression is great. All I get is the supersonic crack. Recoil is minimal and I can see my hits, or misses at distance if I am positioned correctly.