• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 AR10 Build Info/Picture Thread

Yes #3 on the gas. In stock trim it would run just right at 3 with no can. Haven't shot it without the can with the flatwire xh buffer setup.

Thanks for the info I will look them up.
For resizing the gas port/passage, BRT used to sell the CustomTune kit. You can do a DIY version, but I'm not sure if it would work with a PWS piston. There was a guy, Randall at AR15barrels, that did the CustomTune method in the barrels gas port. I'm not sure how it turned out and it was a long time ago.

Reactions: rpoL98 and XP1K
So a quick search resulted in a5 tubes from bcm, vltor, triarc and sons of liberty gunworks. They all say they are not compatible with the standard 3.25" carbine buffers.

Vltor has a 6.8oz h4 for the a5. My current shorty buffer is 6.4oz. What's the best suggestion for a quality product ?

So a quick search resulted in a5 tubes from bcm, vltor, triarc and sons of liberty gunworks. They all say they are not compatible with the standard 3.25" carbine buffers.

Vltor has a 6.8oz h4 for the a5. My current shorty buffer is 6.4oz. What's the best suggestion for a quality product ?
When they say that it is not compatible with the 3.25" buffers, they're referring to the AR-15 type rifles. AR-15's use a 4" long buffer with the A5. Large frames use the 3.25" long buffers with the A5. Slash has a 8.5oz ant-tilt AR-15 3.25" carbine buffer, which is the correct length buffer for AR-10/LR308's using the A5 RE's (7.75" inside depth). Your factory action system should be a 7" inside depth RE with a 2.5" long buffer.

Reactions: XP1K
When they say that it is not compatible with the 3.25" buffers, they're referring to the AR-15 type rifles. AR-15's use a 4" long buffer with the A5. Large frames use the 3.25" long buffers with the A5. Slash has a 8.5oz ant-tilt AR-15 3.25" carbine buffer, which is the correct length buffer for AR-10/LR308's using the A5 RE's (7.75" inside depth). Your factory action system should be a 7" inside depth RE with a 2.5" long buffer.
10-4 thanks for the help. I'll get an a5 tube ordered and report back when I get to shoot it.

1BBB7E1B-5EDA-4FCF-A6AB-B2FAFE5B6720.jpeg

First AR10 build. Aero upper/lower/hand guard. BA 20” 1:10 .308. USO TS 5-25x50 in a GG&G QD mount. Geissele two stage trigger. Shoots .75 MOA with my 168gr BTHP hand loads.

eF4pAn8.jpg

Aero M5 lower, M5E1 Enhanced upper, 26" 6.5CM Rainier barrel, rifle+2 gas, 15" Aero handguard, Vortex Venom FFP mrad scope, ADM Recon-S.
Sentry-9 clamp-on AGB, G HS-NM trigger, KNS Gen G, Aero nitride BCG, Avalanche CH, FCD-ESF-H, Aero enhanced buffer tube (7" inside depth), Slash's HeavyBuffer 308 carbine spring, 5.3oz 2.5" 308 carbine buffer.

Last edited:
8.5 LB 6.5 Creedmoor with 20" Proof carbon fiber barrel. V7 billet receiver set and 15" rail. JP Full Mass BCG - Needed for this high pressure cartridge! SLR adjustable gas block - Just dial in your optimum gas setting. OSS muzzle brake for customer's excellent OSS 762 HX-QD TI suppressor. Trigger Tech Adaptable trigger set at 2.5 LB. Geissele SCH charging handle. All the small parts are from V7. Kahles K525i with stunning clarity up top in a Spuhr mount. Now, I want one just like it.

IMG_2070.jpeg
IMG_2071.jpeg
IMG_2072.jpeg
IMG_2073.jpeg
IMG_2074.jpeg
IMG_2075.jpeg
MSTN logo-lg.jpg

Think this one is finally done. Haven't shot it yet in this configuration but I'm really excited about it.

-S&W M&P 10 receiver set. (Ambi)
-MW Industries 15" rail
-MBT2S flat shoe
-Criterion 16" mid length with Wojtek AGB
-New PA PLXc 1-8x24 in 1.54" Reptilia mount with HE508T in the ROF90 mount
-FCD 6310KM that'll be able to mount my Hybrid 46 to when it's out of jail.
-Modlite with Modbutton Lite.

Attachments

• IMG_20220704_205206284.jpg
    IMG_20220704_205206284.jpg
    560.8 KB · Views: 182
Think this one is finally done. Haven't shot it yet in this configuration but I'm really excited about it.

-S&W M&P 10 receiver set. (Ambi)
-MW Industries 15" rail
-MBT2S flat shoe
-Criterion 16" mid length with Wojtek AGB
-New PA PLXc 1-8x24 in 1.54" Reptilia mount with HE508T in the ROF90 mount
-FCD 6310KM that'll be able to mount my Hybrid 46 to when it's out of jail.
-Modlite with Modbutton Lite.
Beautiful. Criterion is a good group of guys man I really like what they do and they give back to the community big time, prizes all over the place. Really cool that theyre making use of all those WW2 machines. Criterion Id totally love to work for yall(y)

Reactions: 308ftWIN
A lot of people poopoo them, but I think they are decent bipod.
My old magpul bipod is a POS. Pretty sure it’s the sling stud qd version of the one in that photo.

I’m in the market for a bipod though for my new custom AR-10 PMR and am looking for the best m-lok bipod I can get under $150-200. Any suggestions on what I should look at?

My old magpul bipod is a POS. Pretty sure it’s the sling stud qd version of the one in that photo.

I’m in the market for a bipod though for my new custom AR-10 PMR and am looking for the best m-lok bipod I can get under $150-200. Any suggestions on what I should look at?
$240 atlas cal

Just put a pic rail on the forend.

Thought I had posted to this thread, guess not....
Standard M5 Aero enhanced, Rainier UM, usual suspects.
Was waiting for scope mount when this pis was taken...Warne in FDE been on the rifle for a while now.
Also has different trigger, a GG&G bipod, some other stuff.
Eh, it runs, it shoots.
What's more to say ?

arfarf.jpg

Another big block 6.5 Creedmoor built on a Seekins SP10 Builder's Kit. This one has a 20" Proof Research carbon fiber wrapped barrel with rifle +2 gas system, JP Full Mass Bolt Carrier Group, TriggerTech Adaptable trigger dialed down to 2.5 LB, SLR adjustable gas block, etc. It's set up with an OSS 7.62 brake for future inclusion of an OSS HX-QD 762 TI suppressor. Check out the incredible Tangent Theta 5-25x56 in Spuhr mount that ended up on top of it.

View attachment 7659336View attachment 7659337View attachment 7659338View attachment 7659339View attachment 7659340
@MSTN how does the SP10 compare to the ZEV large frame uppers/lowers?

The ZEV upper/lower/forend kit is of conventional design. Great quality stuff and very racy looking.

The Seekins SP10 Builder's Kit - also of top quality construction - is a significant departure from the conventional. While heavier, the upper-to-barrel junction puts that extra mass to extremely good use. The wide, flat bottomed forend design is also quite handy when shooting off a variety of surfaces.

I'm not going to make accuracy claims for the SP10 that provide a target for naysayers. I will state that when I build my next precision big block gas gun, I'll most definitely be using an SP10 Builders Kit as the foundation. And I have to pay full boat retail to get them.

The easy way to build a lightweight yet highly accurate .308 gas gun: Start with the V Seven Harbinger 7075 T6 big block billet receiver set and HyperLight Magnesium 15" forend. Add a Proof carbon fiber 16" .308 barrel with the correct intermediate length gas system and 1x10" twist. Contour and polish the feed ramps. Check out the perfect headspace that always results with a JP Enhanced High Pressure bolt that rides in a JP Low Mass Operating System (LMOS) bolt carrier. The SLR adjustable gas block is another key component in the overall equation. V Seven lightweight components include the titanium Furion muzzle brake, safety selector, push pins, fire control pins, receiver end plate and castle nut, grip screw, and buffer stop. Aluminum parts from V Seven are the diamond pattern forward assist and ejection port door and pivot rod. Lastly, there is the S7 tool steel bolt stop from V Seven. I'm a fan of the TriggerTech Competition trigger that breaks at an amazingly crisp 3.5 LB. There's a Geissele Super Charging Handle inside the upper receiver. An H2 buffer rides on a Heavy Buffer .308 carbine recoil spring inside of a Vltor lower receiver extension. BCM furniture and a Magpul Pmag round out the 6 LB 14 OZ weapon. You would not believe how the combination of the right components and a bit of simple tuning can produce a .308 that exhibits so little recoil and sub-MOA accuracy. On top of the weapon, you'll notice the superb Nightforce ATACR 1-8x24 F1 mounted in a Scalarworks LEAP/07 mount.

IMG_2205.jpeg
IMG_2206.jpeg
IMG_2208.jpeg
IMG_2211.jpeg
IMG_2212.jpeg

Last edited:
Slight update on my .308; new Dead Air Keymo muzzle, device and new to me Spuhr mount that I finally got around to getting Cerakoted:

i-VW3DkvS.jpg
Not to nit pick or anything, just something immediately obvious to me.
That scope is wayyyyyyyyy-yyyyy too far back bro.
Usually the eyepiece (is that ocular?) is about even with the charging handle.
Look at just about any other pic, should see what I mean.
Are you Lowlight height (short) or have shorter arms ?
Move that scope about 3-4 inches forward and it's gonna be a lot more comfortable.

To demonstrate, and because it's a pic thread...
Here's a couple pics of my older Mega MaTen Megalythic with a Wilson Combat 18" barrel and bolt.
Elf trigger, Weaver tactical scope, shitty RRA scope mount that I tossed in the trash, and a blast can because damn the brake pounded the ears and I was still waiting for the can at that point.
She's got some nice bits on her.

11.jpg

22.jpg

Helped a new shooter build and zero his first long range gun the other day. It's looking very promising. Shoots smooth and the brass is pristine.
Mostly aero parts
Faxon 1-10" 20" fluted match .308 barrel
Riflespeed finger adjustable gas block (which is awesome and I'd never seen before this)
Trigger tech trigger
Thunderbeast arms brake
Magpul prs lite
Nightforce 1.375" ultralite rings

Now he just needs to get his own scope and bipod 🤣
KIMG0305.JPG

Fed it a box of fgmm 175 to zero and get the shooter sorted out.
This is the last three groups right to left 3 shots each with NO scope adjustment. We didn't settle on an official zero but
the last group measured a legit 1/2". He'll get some solid fundamentals learning on this gun!
KIMG0311.JPG

Which can is that and how wells it run?
SiCo Omega 300, runs well but still a little too much gas, so I ordered a BRT EZ Tune gas tube to dial it down a bit. I have yet to shoot this without the suppressor, but with PMC XTAC Match168gr, I got less than 1 MOA at 200 yds. I'm hoping to get .5 out of it one day (when I'm a better shooter)

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
SiCo Omega 300, runs well but still a little too much gas, so I ordered a BRT EZ Tune gas tube to dial it down a bit. I have yet to shoot this without the suppressor, but with PMC XTAC Match168gr, I got less than 1 MOA at 200 yds. I'm hoping to get .5 out of it one day (when I'm a better shooter)
Hey, all you can do is train right? I try to get a good dry firing session in every single day. You don’t use it, you lose it..

Reactions: TXRattler07
Good morning! Looking for some insight here. I’m trying to build a SASS/M110 clone. I know people take the ECR and convert it. I can’t afford to buy a SASS but want a piece to go with my true M4/M9 to have an a memorial piece of my time in! Any input or build ideas to get the ball rolling? Thanks guys!

I recently had a Seekins SP10 Builder's Kit done in RAL8000 by Ronin Arms. Flawless execution. Cerakote RAL8000 is an official HK color, the only one they offer besides Black. So, it's bound to be cool, right?!? This rifle has a 20" Proof SS 6.5 CM barrel with a CGS Helios QD TI (a mere 11.5 ounces!!!) out front. Other notable components include an SLR adjustable gas block, FP Full Mass Operating System BCG, TriggerTech Adaptable trigger, Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 F1 with TreMOR3 reticle in Spuhr mount with an RMR at the right 1:30 position. The gun just wants to please: 100% reliability, sub-MOA performance, and under 9.5 LB for the basic rifle. Even as it sits for the photos decked out with optic, suppressor, etc., it's only 12.5 LB. I'm keeping this one.

IMG_2471.jpg
IMG_2470.jpg
IMG_2469.jpg