• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6.8 SPC AICS 223 Mag

birddogsx3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2008
Kansas City, KS
Is anyone running this set up (223 AICS poly mag) in a bolt gun? The C.O.L is perfect for the length I want to load but I do not know if the feed ramps will allow the bigger case to feed flawlessly.

Re: 6.8 SPC AICS 223 Mag

I looked into this as well on a 338 Spectre project. I couldn't get the wheels off the ground on the whole deal.

Wanted to try a 338 Spectre in an AICS as the 6.8 SPC bottom metal is proprietary to the 6.8 SPC.

Due to numerous reasons, it never materialized. And I wasnt willing to pay 700-800 bucks for a 6.8 SPC LTR and end up with no DBM.

I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

and 6.8 SPC cartridges need a 6.8 specific follower for the larger case,the .223 follower(AICS poly mags) won't work.just my .02cents,Goodshootin'

~Reagan

HS precision mags work! Cause they are a single stack, so no follower tweaks. Just a simple feed lip tweak. Just figured this out with the guys from HS. Haven't modded an aics mag yet....

Of course, I've also got a 6.8spc action, bottom metal, follower....the whole shebang.