• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I gather that lever, varget, and CFE 223 seem to be the go to powders for this caliber. I have some on order but who knows when it will get here.

I am loading for a bolt gun and have on hand H4350, IMR4895, and CFE BLK. I can’t seem to find any load data with these powders. I am guessing it is because they are not ideal for this cartridge?

Have any of you loaded 6 arc with these powders and if so can you point me to some load data? I have some 58gr vmax and 95gr Berger vld hunting bullets I am anxious to try out. Really wanted to get something loaded today and take hunting this weekend.

@chungus Looking at the powders you have, h4350 is too slow and CFE BLK is too fast. I think IMR4895 would work, based purely on its burn rate, but I’ve never used it.

I gather that lever, varget, and CFE 223 seem to be the go to powders for this caliber. I have some on order but who knows when it will get here.

I am loading for a bolt gun and have on hand H4350, IMR4895, and CFE BLK. I can’t seem to find any load data with these powders. I am guessing it is because they are not ideal for this cartridge?

Have any of you loaded 6 arc with these powders and if so can you point me to some load data? I have some 58gr vmax and 95gr Berger vld hunting bullets I am anxious to try out. Really wanted to get something loaded today and take hunting this weekend.
CFE BLK is essentially a magnum pistol powder... It is WAY too fast, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE IT, you will blow up your gun, and possibly hurt yourself or someone else.

I think H4350 and IMR 4895 will be too slow for the ARC.

You will most-likely get the best performance with LeverEvolution. That's the one the performed best for me. Also, I recommend using CCI 400 (non-magnum) SR primers.

New video is up with the AGM Rattler TS50-640 thermal scope on the 16" Christensen Arms MPR 6mm ARC shooting @ 200 yards.

Any updates from any other 6 ARC bolt gun guys?

Deer season is over now, and coyote mating season is upon us... I will be going night hunting when I can with the new thermal.

Deer season is over now, and coyote mating season is upon

Deer season is over now, and coyote mating season is upon us... I will be going night hunting when I can with the new thermal.
Unfortunately nothing to report on game need to pack my heavy ass 110 tac out coyote hunting but found a load of 28 grains of varget and a 103 eldx shoots sub moa proven out to 1000, gave a buddy some of them to try and they shot sub half moa in his ar and decent in his 16 inch christeansen scout. 2580 fps outta my 18 savage which has proven itself to be a slow barrel. But have fallen in love with the arc and will definitely be building an ar soon for my primary coyote gun.

Reactions: FuhQ

Digging up an old post, but Sierra posted some data around SHOT that included H4895. IMR4895 is a bit slower than H4895 but it is not as slow as CFE223. It should be just fine for the cartridge. I'm going to be trying it with some 107 Match Monster (bulk Nosler 107 purportedly).