• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A&D FX120i labscale reloading upgrade with V2 auto trickler review.

Ordered just the the V3 AutoTrickler on July 8th and haven’t received shipping info. Anyone received shipping info that ordered around the 8th?

Is there not enough clearance between the new 3D printed powder funnel and the Area 419 cup/plate? I bought the 419 cup/plate for my V3 setup set to arrive mid august, but if the new funnel wont work I will have to order the 419 funnel.
The 419 funnel will work on both the clear 419 top and the factory top with the new V3 powder drop.
I think the 419 funnel is the way to go, really not a lot of room for the trickler. It has to be really close to the funnel if you are using the 419 base, maybe not on the v3 base.

Ok guys everyone loves pictures. Here you go, i mixed up my V2 and V3 to make a great setup. If you notice the pictures, the funnels on the V3 and 419 make a world of difference. The V3 with the powder insert is right up on the funnel. The 419 funnel is offset with room to drop powder, when I first got the V3 setup I was hearing a certain noise coming from the trickler. It was banging on the funnel of the V3 as it as spinning.
Enough said here is the pictures.

54B05EC0-F20D-4252-85E3-40A6AF5454B2.jpeg
0C336B56-5B63-476B-9D37-D33D48C7EB5F.jpeg
C3AD612F-5A44-426A-BCBD-721202E0341E.jpeg
71B2372B-24D5-486A-B60C-4B8EA0F484D1.jpeg
519DC92F-B8E6-45E9-9302-E4D3B453AB72.jpeg
5300A032-FA77-45F7-BACF-5E042A898FE9.jpeg

Reactions: MarinePMI
Ok guys everyone loves pictures. Here you go, i mixed up my V2 and V3 to make a great setup. If you notice the pictures, the funnels on the V3 and 419 make a world of difference. The V3 with the powder insert is right up on the funnel. The 419 funnel is offset with room to drop powder, when I first got the V3 setup I was hearing a certain noise coming from the trickler. It was banging on the funnel of the V3 as it as spinning.
Enough said here is the pictures.

View attachment 7113128View attachment 7113129View attachment 7113130View attachment 7113131View attachment 7113132View attachment 7113133

Yeah, ditto here on the noise form the trickler hitting against the V3 powder funnel. I'll probably put the 419 offset funnel back on next go around.

So will the 419 funnel fit on the V3 AutoThrower body’s threads?
Anyone tried that yet?

I somehow managed to leave my AutoTrickler motor running overnight and did an impromptu drive belt O ring torture test:

389DE933-714E-4F7C-B69B-7F370AF7927A.jpeg

Everything still works fine and I used a spare that came with the V2 kit to replace it.

• Wow
Has anyone with the V3 thrower upgrade tried flake and/or ball powder in the system to see how it throws or if there is any leaking or binding?

I thought I saw a post earlier referencing succesful use of 2000-MR, which is a ball powder, but no mention of flake yet. Only stuff I use is for 5.7x28, but it would be nice to not have to throw under weight with an RCBS manual thrower and trickle up.

Mine does not hit the funnel on full V3 but that is with Adams shot cup.
Thing is slick as hell

yes. Pretty much a shot glass with the same basic handle, but thicker, as the last one
Nice!! Seeing pictures from Autotricklers site. That glass powder cup looks pretty sweet. Thanks.. I almost put in order for 2 419 aluminum cups. Now all I need to get is the clear lids from 419.

What the hell. I tried to just buy the scale from CE and they said they don’t ship to California? Has anyone from California had one shipped to them? Being punished for where I live sucks

I ordered mine with no issues, but I think the tax change in Dec '18 caused a ripple. I think Area 419 can help you though...(I seem to recall someone else running into this issue a few months ago).

It has to do with the sales tax laws in CA. Apparently they are so budensome that CE declines to ship there. I think 419 can help you, but i'm not sure. I got my set from CE with no problem, but I live in the somewhat free state of Georgia.

What the hell. I tried to just buy the scale from CE and they said they don’t ship to California? Has anyone from California had one shipped to them? Being punished for where I live sucks
I ordered 2 complete V3 through DWS. Ask for John. Good service there. Plus anything goes wrong with the balance scales, they are certified techs for AnD

Has anyone with the V3 thrower upgrade tried flake and/or ball powder in the system to see how it throws or if there is any leaking or binding?

I thought I saw a post earlier referencing succesful use of 2000-MR, which is a ball powder, but no mention of flake yet. Only stuff I use is for 5.7x28, but it would be nice to not have to throw under weight with an RCBS manual thrower and trickle up.

The funnel fits like a charm, see my posts above.

The funnel fits like a charm, see my posts above.

Great pics, but I was wondering if the thrower itself had any issues cycling with flake or ball powder. On the V2 thrower, if you tried flake or ball powder the thrower would leak and bind as the drum assembly apparently has too much play in the assembly which allowed the smaller flake/ball powder kernels to jam up the works.

I know the V3 was designed to alleviate this, and the 2000-MR mention seems to indicate it at least works with ball powder now, but I was also wondering if anyone had tried a flake powder just to see if it would run it successfully and not lock-up.

Might drop an email to Adam and see if he did any testing with flake powder for my own curiosity.

Thanks again for the pics, helped put me over the edge to buy the Area 419 upgrade kit.

To confirm, yes it works well with ball powder and no leaking. Haven't tried flake, since I don't load for "precision pistol" rounds that way. "Precision pistol" to me, is something that goes "bang" and is roughly the same velocity. I mean, 25yds doesn't really require that much precision ammo, and I can't hold a group beyond what factory pistol ammo delivers.

To confirm, yes it works well with ball powder and no leaking. Haven't tried flake, since I don't load for "precision pistol" rounds that way. "Precision pistol" to me, is something that goes "bang" and is roughly the same velocity. I mean, 25yds doesn't really require that much precision ammo, and I can't hold a group beyond what factory pistol ammo delivers.

Thanks for confirming the ball powder part.

Not loading for precision pistol, per say, but the 5.7x28 round can quickly get into an over-pressure situation with just an additional tenth or two of powder once you're at the top end of the spectrum. I was using my CM previously to meter individual charges before filling the case via a funnel on my 550B, but the autothrow/trickler will do it faster and more accurately, so long as it doesn't jam up.

Copy. I have loaded for 5.7 before; it is indeed a fickle (and load sensitive) little cartridge.

Got a very fast reply from Adam:

It works perfectly with H335 and CFE223, which are the two smallest kernel powders I have. I am not familiar with flake powders or what the difference is however the way the seals are designed I would expect it to work just fine.

I think the biggest issue with flake powders is going to be the consistency of the density of how it fills the powder measure chamber. IME, flake powders tend to be very inconsistent (relatively speaking when compared to ball or cylindrical extruded powders) in how they fall or stack in an open chamber. They are (again IME) very sensitive to vibrations to the powder measure, which causes the flakes to settle at different densities, which then means the VMD (volumetric density) of the powder itself varies a lot in a measure if it is tapped or bumped in irregular patterns. One would think the automation of the V2/V3 powder thrower and trickler would resolve this, but I haven't tested it myself to confirm or deny that.

Come to think of it, you may need the thrower adjusted to thrower a lighter (than normal) initial charge, so that the trickler can account for the variation or disparate VMD's these type of powders exhibit from virbrational compacting.

I think the biggest issue with flake powders is going to be the consistency of the density of how it fills the powder measure chamber. IME, flake powders tend to be very inconsistent (relatively speaking when compared to ball or cylindrical extruded powders) in how they fall or stack in an open chamber. They are (again IME) very sensitive to vibrations to the powder measure, which causes the flakes to settle at different densities, which then means the VMD (volumetric density) of the powder itself varies a lot in a measure if it is tapped or bumped in irregular patterns. One would think the automation of the V2/V3 powder thrower and trickler would resolve this, but I haven't tested it myself to confirm or deny that.

Come to think of it, you may need the thrower adjusted to thrower a lighter (than normal) initial charge, so that the trickler can account for the variation or disparate VMD's these type of powders exhibit from virbrational compacting.

The above all makes sense to me.

Going to put in an order for the V3 upgrade parts and will try it with some Alliant Steel powder for grins.

Anybody who ordered just the BT module, how long from order to receipt? I ordered on 7/1, so I'm not looking for it until at least 7/21 or later, but I'm wondering if that's in the ballpark.
Thanks

Edit
Just got the shipping info, so the 21st will be pretty close to the delivery date. Trying to hold off until it arrives. This will be near perfect for charging.

Last edited:
I’m quite happy with the new V3 setup as well.
I’d like to see a button for a .01 bump for those (fairly frequent) times when a throw ends up a kernel or two short.

I’m quite happy with the new V3 setup as well.
I’d like to see a button for a .01 bump for those (fairly frequent) times when a throw ends up a kernel or two short.

.01 means nothing downrange. That's why the error rate for the Autotrickler setup is .02

For those posting pictures of your newly received complete V3 units, would you please post when you placed your order?

For those posting pictures of your newly received complete V3 units, would you please post when you placed your order?
Ordered 2 complete V3 setups from DWS on the 17th. Just got confirmation it’s shipping out to me tomorrow..

Last edited:
Called CE yesterday for the full reloading set. I placed my order June 5 and mine will be fulfilled Aug 1 with approx. 2 weeks delivery time frame. So early to mid Aug is my slated delivery date, and in line with what they estimated back in June. He said scales are ready to ship, just waiting on the V3 items from Autotrickler.

Reactions: Srikaleak
Called CE yesterday for the full reloading set. I placed my order June 5 and mine will be fulfilled Aug 1 with approx. 2 weeks delivery time frame. So early to mid Aug is my slated delivery date, and in line with what they estimated back in June. He said scales are ready to ship, just waiting on the V3 items from Autotrickler.
That is good news. I ordered on June 4 so we should be celebrating about the same time, and by then I’ll have a couple hundred rounds to charge.

@Airw4ves @pbatesaz Could you update when shipping info comes through/ charge is made? I ordered 6/02 from CE so want to see if my fulfillment lines up with y'alls. I'll update here as well.

Checked my email this morning. Got my tracking numbers. I must say, that was pretty fast service through DWS. Ordered on July 17th. Two full V3 setups and one class 1 100 gram weight on the way. Also got track #’s from 419. Ordered last night, 2x lexan FX120i tops, 2x aluminum adjustable trickler bass. Damn, like Christmas again.. lol

I'm glad that things are moving along, I preordered the V3 AutoThrow on May 25 and haven't heard anything yet.
Hope to see a tracking no. soon.

Yea I was gonna go with CE. But after they told me lead times for me would’ve been mid September, I checked with DWS. Their lead times is 7-10 days from time of purchase. Glad I went with them. I think CE and Adam is just flood with orders. How does DWS get there’s quickly is beyond me. But, they are also AnD and Satorius authorize dealer and tech.

FYI...I ordered a second powder hopper from 419, and they're dimension-ally like the V3 Hoppers now, not like the V2 ones (fuck, just build a hopper stand for the original, tall and skinny one...looks like I"ll just have to make another one). I guess it makes sense, the pyrodex tube is probably the most expensive piece, and probably sold by linear feet/inches. Shorter/fatter probably means less cost.

FYI...I ordered a second powder hopper from 419, and they're dimension-ally like the V3 Hoppers now, not like the V2 ones (fuck, just build a hopper stand for the original, tall and skinny one...looks like I"ll just have to make another one). I guess it makes sense, the pyrodex tube is probably the most expensive piece, and probably sold by linear feet/inches. Shorter/fatter probably means less cost.

I agree the area 419 powder drop is far better, glass vs plastic. I run mine on my v3, see my posts earlier in this thread.

My items from 419 came in. I must say T/A was 2 days to me. That’s fast. And packing was great. Props to Area 419. My V3 kits arrives this Friday. Can’t wait..

43C37CD7-17BC-44CD-8408-425E95C1DC94.jpeg
8675695D-5FBB-41DE-97E0-9F337D20E41A.jpeg

Reactions: Lilsnoop
Darn it Rhed, after seeing those pics I had to buy the Area 419 trickler base, lid and funnel attachment. Now to pay the darn credit card off. :)

Reactions: Rhed
Anyone with the new 3D Printed base,how is it compared with the Area 419 trickler base? I have every other A419 accessory, but I hesitated to get the base due to the new one having the ability to adjust, but wanted to see what you all have to say.