• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A&D FX120i labscale reloading upgrade with V2 auto trickler review.

I'm using the new V3 trickler base. It works well and seems to work better than the original.

With the V2 the base would some times move due to the torque action of the trickler spinning. The V3 feels more solid and stays put. Its quite lighter in weight than the A419 housing. I like the V3 base/housing

Anyone with the new 3D Printed base,how is it compared with the Area 419 trickler base? I have every other A419 accessory, but I hesitated to get the base due to the new one having the ability to adjust, but wanted to see what you all have to say.
I wouldn’t know till my kits arrive tomorrow. But being that said, I took the gamble and ordered the 419 trickler base anyways. The new 419 version base is said to be improved by adding more weight for stability. Sure enough, there’s some heft to it. And the machining on these blocks are outstanding. I’m already thinking of getting some of 419 reloading case trays too.

Reactions: Lilsnoop
Anyone with the new 3D Printed base,how is it compared with the Area 419 trickler base? I have every other A419 accessory, but I hesitated to get the base due to the new one having the ability to adjust, but wanted to see what you all have to say.

I was surprised it still had some heft, but mine came missing the rear adjustable leg... Luckily I had bought the Area 419 base and I'm glad I did. It was a little bit of a pain attaching the trickler canister to the base due to Adam using very small Allen type screws for that portion. Other than those 3 screws it was easy to attach.

Attachments

• IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 113

I have both, I like the 419 base much better. Its heavy and adjusts very easy.
8C26D559-53B0-43D1-8588-6ECD6844959A.jpeg

Unpacking it now. Trickler Base is light! But definitely an upgrade to the previous stock one. I found the leg for the base in a little plastic bag with the belt.

Anyone try ball powders in their V3 yet? If so, any issues such as leakage or binding etc?

Edit: Just read further back in the thread; asked and answered. It works fine. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MarinePMI
Stupid question, how are you calibrating with the test weight after putting the glass locator on the pan?

Stupid question, how are you calibrating with the test weight after putting the glass locator on the pan?

Watch this video for calibration:

After calibration with your calibration weight, then put the glass locator on the scale and zero it with it on it. Hope that helps.

Reactions: scorpio 25
You dont have to power cycle the balance. Just pull the calibration weight off. Then put it back on to confirm.

Reactions: JW74
My 2 full V3 kits arrived today. Unfortunately don’t have time to put it together tonight. Well maybe later.. lol. Anyways, props to DWS for great and fast service. And great packing too. Order placed July 17th, arrived at my door Aug. 2. Will post more pictures later when all is setup.

B77550D4-BC1E-41CF-AD2E-7A80C2CAEC98.jpeg

[QUOTE="After calibration with your calibration weight, then put the glass locator on the scale and zero it with it on it. Hope that helps.
[/QUOTE]

The V3 locator tapes down to the pan. This will throw off the cal weight.

Where did you order from?

Call them. And ask for John. Very knowledgeable. And great service.. CE and DWS is on Adams website to get the scales, and/ or the Autothrow/trickler combo.

So I came home late from family Friday’s outing. But I managed to atleast unpack. Damn, that was a lot of packing stuffing lol. Not complaining though. DWS pack that well and tight. Anyways, wow, that craftsmanship and engineering Adam put into this is outstanding. Smart guy. Props out to Adam for such innovative design. Btw, that class 1 100 gram weight I got from DWS came with some latex gloves. Guess their telling me don’t pick it up with my bare hands, use gloves, lol..

E2BE3CAA-D910-4D3D-B9CC-455A8109F227.jpeg
316A87BB-093C-4BB2-A451-FC61691C2ADB.jpeg

How many rounds do you usually do with that set up? Thks
150 rounds. When I was running 3 CM lites. Depending what cal. Not for 1 cal though. For instance, 100 .223 and 50 .308.

Started to put my V3 kits together. Came home late from a long day. And what a day with what’s going on again in US of A. My deepest condolences to the family who lost love ones in the El Paso Walmart.
B1926A96-979E-47F0-BF9C-BEC302D5CD21.jpeg
2952F381-ADA4-458B-B918-5AB94C9EAA4B.jpeg

Reactions: Airw4ves
Ordered a V3 upgrade with BT on June 26 and no shipping notice so far. Hopefully not too much longer. Adam is probably swamped with orders.

Last edited:
I sent a email to Adam last night and inquired about the ship date for my order. Was told 8/29/19. So ordered on 6/26/19 with projected shipping date of 8/29/19. My order was through Adam and for the V3 update to the AT drum plus BT.

CE Products has a preorder right now for the FX120i and Autotrickler V3 accessories for $50 now and $890 additional when it ships in September. I am thinking this is the best price for the V3 and accessories right now. Am I right?

CE Products has a preorder right now for the FX120i and Autotrickler V3 accessories for $50 now and $890 additional when it ships in September. I am thinking this is the best price for the V3 and accessories right now. Am I right?
That's the path I took

So in you guys opinion, what is the best way to order the complete V3 setup and from who?
For a complete setup with scale, call DWS first. CE is swamp with orders. Unless you don’t mind waiting. But prices are comparable between the two.

My A&D scale + AutoTrickle&Throw package arrived from CE today. It actually came with the 100 gram calibration weight which was a surprise. It took me about 2 hours to set it up but I was multi-tasking. The instructions were pretty clear, both the scale manual and the autotrickler manual. I didn't have to change many of the settings (I wonder if CE did the configuration work or that's just the default out of the factory). All-in-all a pretty fancy piece of kit.

Reactions: MarinePMI and Rhed
Mine matched my Chargemaster's weights exactly - 50 grams (x2) and grains to .04. I just use those to check it occasionally, but it's always spot on. No real need to purchase expensive check weights IMO.

FYI to anyone ordering. If you order the Full kit from CE, it comes with a 100g weight
I wish I kept atleast one set of my 3 CM light calibration weight. But when I was offered $600 for all 3 from a local buyer, I wasn’t thinking about it. So, since I didn’t have any to calibrate, I ordered a 100 gram class 1 weight for 120$ with my v3 orders. Well, atleast it comes in a nice case.lol..

I wish I kept atleast one set of my 3 CM light calibration weight. But when I was offered $600 for all 3 from a local buyer, I wasn’t thinking about it. So, since I didn’t have any to calibrate, I ordered a 100 gram class 1 weight for 120$ with my v3 orders. Well, atleast it comes in a nice case.lol..

Yeah, someone did an unboxing and I noticed it came with the 100g weight. If I hadn't have seen that Id have 2 weights now. Glad I caught it in time, saved me a bit of cash.

My 2 full V3 kits arrived today. Unfortunately don’t have time to put it together tonight. Well maybe later.. lol. Anyways, props to DWS for great and fast service. And great packing too. Order placed July 17th, arrived at my door Aug. 2. Will post more pictures later when all is setup.

View attachment 7122999

EDIT: I rang the bell on 04JUL19.
Don't have mine yet.

Best to you!!!

Ordered the complete kit on June 4. It will be delivered today. My guess is that you will have yours in about 2 weeks. Hard to wait I know. I have been waiting to start load workup for 6mm CM. Going to the range tomorrow!

I wonder why the non-linear S&R vs Order Dates?

It shouldn't take the integral f(x) by separation of parts to figure out
Receipt of Funds vs Ship To Next.

Hell, what can you figure from folks that buy milk in bags. ;)

Just got the balance due invoice for the entire V3 combo kit from CE Products.

Order date was 6/29/19, will ship out tomorrow 8/24/19. Can't wait until next week, it's going to be like Christmas here... HEHEHE