• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another Picture Thread - All Other Semi-Autos

I had a mini in the early 90s when I was a young man. I couldn't afford much more then that at the time. It was a fun gun. I loved shooting it but it was minute of paper plates at 100 yards. I often thought of getting another and putting it in Sage folding stock but I just can't bring myself to pay $800 for one. Maybe one day I'll find a deal on one....

Well... After all these years, I finally got my first AK... A buddy of mine bough it new late last year, put a few hundred rounds through it, and decided he wasn't an AK guy. He buys and trades stuff all the time just to try it out, so nothing wrong with the gun, he just wanted the stuff I had to upgrade his other rifles. Worked out good for me. He knew I had a bunch of extra scopes I'd pulled off of stuff that were collecting dusk, so I traded him a couple of scopes and some other random parts I had laying around. Not a bad trade. I wasn't using any of that stuff, and probably would never use any of it again, so I figured might as well declutter somewhat and get something useful and different to add to the collection.

While some might snark because of the brand, let me tell you, i'm extremely impressed with the build-quality and quality of the parts in this thing. It's the top-of-the-line AK that PSA offers, the model is the GF5. It has an FN Herstal CHF 16.1" barrel with bore-centric threads (14x1LH), ALG Defense trigger group (best AK trigger I've ever felt). He also added (aftermarket) a Midwest Industries Alpha 10" MLOK rail and optic mount, a Magpul Zhukov folding stock, and Hogue overmold grip. I pulled the whole gun apart (complete strip) cleaned everything & inspected it, greased the bolt & rails and contact points with Aeroshell 33, and reassembled it. Then, I added the new Vortex SPARC 1x red dot that I had sitting new in the box from a combo deal I got with my BRN-180 upper. And yesterday I ordered my JMac Customs 14x1LH KeyMicro 360 for it, so I can run my Sandman-S on it. It should arrive this week. I might end up ordering the Midwest hinged railed top cover for it, but not sure if I want to drop that $250 into it yet. We'll see how good the threads are, and how well it shoots first. Then I'll decide. If it shoots well, I'll probably pull off the Magpul stock, add a 1913 rear trunnion, and put a JMac Customs AB-8R folder like I have on my BRN-180 build.

IMG_0928.jpeg

IMG_0945.jpeg

Last edited:
Just realized that I never posted up any pics of my BRN-180 .300 BLK build in here.

Brownells BRN-180 Gen2 10.5" .300 BLK upper, JMac Customs forged M4 lower, Rise Armament LPK, TriggerTech Diamond, KNS Anti-Walk pins, JMac Customs AB-8R with StrongArm brace setup, JMac 1913 folder, KNS Precision 1913 AR adapter, Ergo Ambi Suregrip, Vortex Spitfire HD Gen2 5x Prism optic, JMac Customs 360 KeyMicro, Sandman-S MIL-Contract FDE, Rifles Only Gear/Dead Air HAD cover.

IMG_7811.jpeg

Well... After all these years, I finally got my first AK... A buddy of mine bough it new late last year, put a few hundred rounds through it, and decided he wasn't an AK guy. He buys and trades stuff all the time just to try it out, so nothing wrong with the gun, he just wanted the stuff I had to upgrade his other rifles. Worked out good for me. He knew I had a bunch of extra scopes I'd pulled off of stuff that were collecting dusk, so I traded him a couple of scopes and some other random parts I had laying around. Not a bad trade. I wasn't using any of that stuff, and probably would never use any of it again, so I figured might as well declutter somewhat and get something useful and different to add to the collection.

While some might snark because of the brand, let me tell you, i'm extremely impressed with the build-quality and quality of the parts in this thing. It's the top-of-the-line AK that PSA offers, the model is the GF5. It has an FN Herstal CHF 16.1" barrel with bore-centric threads (14x1LH), ALG Defense trigger group (best AK trigger I've ever felt). He also added (aftermarket) a Midwest Industries Alpha 10" MLOK rail and optic mount, a Magpul Zhukov folding stock, and Hogue overmold grip. I pulled the whole gun apart (complete strip) cleaned everything & inspected it, greased the bolt & rails and contact points with Aeroshell 33, and reassembled it. Then, I added the new Vortex SPARC 1x red dot that I had sitting new in the box from a combo deal I got with my BRN-180 upper. And yesterday I ordered my JMac Customs 14x1LH KeyMicro 360 for it, so I can run my Sandman-S on it. It should arrive this week. I might end up ordering the Midwest hinged railed top cover for it, but not sure if I want to drop that $250 into it yet. We'll see how good the threads are, and how well it shoots first. Then I'll decide. If it shoots well, I'll probably pull off the Magpul stock, add a 1913 rear trunnion, and put a JMac Customs AB-8R folder like I have on my BRN-180 build.

View attachment 8219682
View attachment 8219720
PSA is making some top quality AK rifles now.

Reactions: GUNNER10 and FuhQ
PSA is making some top quality AK rifles now.
They are making damn decent AR receivers, too. The PSA lower I bought a couple years ago has ZERO slop in it when mated to a high-quality upper (Aero Precision). It was like they were hand-fitted to each other. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of PSA branded stuff (complete AR uppers, their barrels, LPK's, etc...) based on their past quality issues, and because people still think of them as a "Poors brand". But it seems like since they started making damn near everything in-house now, they have really stepped up their game in quality and QA/QC. And you're right, I'm impressed with the quality of this AK-D. Everything is really tight, and fitment and finish is top-notch. It's also an extremely low S/N (made within the first 200 built), so I don't know if that makes any difference.

I don't believe most GunTubers, but I trust Rob Ski (AK Operators Union guy). He knows his shit, and if he says something is high-quality, and it handles his torture tests and abuse with ease, then I trust him. Just posting this video in case anyone else is curious about them. The title of the video is "tongue-in-cheek" to be funny, and he explains why in the intro. Rob knows AK's like nobody else. I've watched him for years. Guy seems 100% legit and always shoots it straight. If something is trash, he'll call it trash. If it tears up, he'll show it tearing up. Can't get more transparent than that.

Last edited:
PTR91 GIR
Timney trigger
PA 1x6 w/fishing reel throw lever
Magpul UBR stock
AimSports extended mloc forearm
Magpul mloc panels
Streamlight with pressure switch
FAB Defense bipod
Muzzle brake (don't remember the brand)

The wood furniture it previously wore is looking for a new owner gone.

z7uV8s7.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got my JMac RRD 360 KeyMicro 14x1LH for the PSAK GF5. After doing some testing I was initially very disappointed with the barrel threads based on my alignment rod. But then I got the bright idea to check concentricity WITHOUT the end-caps on my Sandman-S cans... It was night & day difference. They barrel threads ARE bore-centric, and are pretty damn straight, too. Apparently my 2 Sandman-S end-caps were not drilled & milled dead-center. As you can see in the pics, the threads aren't 100%, they're about 90%, and do favor one side over the other, but not enough to cause any baffle strikes. But if you aren't paying attention, you might could get an end-cap strike in your Sandman-S can, if a bullet decides to zig when it's supposed to zag. But it appears that there's plenty of clearance on mine to not get any baffle or end-cap strikes, so that's a good thing.

I do plan to go this weeknd to zero the SPARC 1x red dot and see how she shoots with the can. I'll get some groups using the Romanian surplus 123gr stuff that the previous owner had bought from PSA for it, and some of my new Wolf 122 Russian made steel case surplus (Tula made). I'll get a video or 2 of shooting it, and report back about how the groups turn out. I know it's not a precision weapon, so I'm not anticipating anything great, but we'll see.

IMG_1164.jpeg
IMG_1174.jpeg
IMG_1175.jpeg
IMG_1177.jpeg
IMG_1140.jpeg
IMG_1161.jpeg

Updated… Pulled the Zhukov stock off, and put a JMac Customs SS-9RP 9” stock with 1/2” cheek riser, a JMac 1913 folding mech, and a PSA 1913 stock adapter. Luckily the GF5 has a modular tailpiece that is removable (pops right out), so no cutting required to install the 1913 adapter…Just bolts right in. 👍🏼 Also shown is one of my rare real vintage Russian surplus IZhMASh (the original AK factory) slab-side mags.

It looks so much better now!

IMG_1416.jpeg

Reactions: GUNNER10
They are making damn decent AR receivers, too. The PSA lower I bought a couple years ago has ZERO slop in it when mated to a high-quality upper (Aero Precision). It was like they were hand-fitted to each other. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of PSA branded stuff (complete AR uppers, their barrels, LPK's, etc...) based on their past quality issues, and because people still think of them as a "Poors brand". But it seems like since they started making damn near everything in-house now, they have really stepped up their game in quality and QA/QC. And you're right, I'm impressed with the quality of this AK-D. Everything is really tight, and fitment and finish is top-notch. It's also an extremely low S/N (made within the first 200 built), so I don't know if that makes any difference.

I don't believe most GunTubers, but I trust Rob Ski (AK Operators Union guy). He knows his shit, and if he says something is high-quality, and it handles his torture tests and abuse with ease, then I trust him. Just posting this video in case anyone else is curious about them. The title of the video is "tongue-in-cheek" to be funny, and he explains why in the intro. Rob knows AK's like nobody else. I've watched him for years. Guy seems 100% legit and always shoots it straight. If something is trash, he'll call it trash. If it tears up, he'll show it tearing up. Can't get more transparent than that.

I was critical of PSA for a while, but I think they have done a really good job improving their brand. I think they still fall victim to poor qc from time to time, but so does LMT, who i primarly shoot. PSA has always proven to stand behind their stuff and if there's an issues, they will take care of it.

I've been looking at their 100 series AK's and they look damn good compared to anything else being currently produced. Are they on par with the stuff coming out of Russian State armories, no, but I don't think they have to be. I will probably grab an AK101/102 as soon as they are availible in the GF5 option. Until then, I think I may grab a Bren 2 for something different.

Getting back into what I was supremely interested in 40 years ago - the FAL. This is a post-ban DSA SA58 about thirty years old I picked up in apparently unfired condition, built from an all
IMG_3910.jpeg
IMG_3911.jpeg
IMG_3873.jpeg
IMG_3913.jpeg
IMG_3876.jpeg
matching numbers Austrian StG58 parts kit. The barrel looks nearly new inside. Accuracy potential is hindered by the pretty horrible stock military grade trigger, but the Hensoldt ZF24 4X scope certainly does help. Here's a typical five shot group at 100 meters using Swiss Saltech ammo.

Beltfed Fridays!

Just picked up the M240 today. My M249 was feeling lonely and neglected. Downside is only 7.62 linked ammo I have is “pricey” M80A1, which is going for like $10/round on GB. Crazy.

View attachment 8104433
View attachment 8104434
View attachment 8104436
These pics just deserve to be brought back up to the top..

Aside from the lucky few with Sig/Swiss Arms SG-55x rifles like @MSTN ... you basically balled out on everyone in this thread.
But @SmithM21 deserves a honorable mention. Badass rigs yall both got gentlemen (y)

Not to mention the KAC SR30(?) off to the left.. what is that mounted in front of the Elcan? Thermal clip on??
Cha-ching! $$$

Aside from the lucky few with Sig/Swiss Arms SG-55x rifles like @MSTN ... you basically balled out on everyone in this thread.
But @SmithM21 deserves a honorable mention. Badass rigs yall both got gentlemen (y)

Not to mention the KAC SR30(?) off to the left.. what is that mounted in front of the Elcan? Thermal clip on??
Cha-ching! $$$
Yup. SR-30, Elcan, Voodoo-S thermal.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote

Cha-ching! $$$
Here is my 9mm Belt Fed sitting on top of my Colt M16. It is hanging out with my 240 and my USMC BAR,

Attachments

• IMG_2226.JPG
    IMG_2226.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2225.JPG
    IMG_2225.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2224.JPG
    IMG_2224.JPG
    740.8 KB · Views: 47
My son's SP89. My son has legal drop in sears for HK Firearms.

This was purchased used with twelve 30 rd mags, one 20 round mag and only 50 rounds through it.

Attachments

• IMG_1723.JPG
    IMG_1723.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1720.JPG
    IMG_1720.JPG
    469 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1719.JPG
    IMG_1719.JPG
    543.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1718.JPG
    IMG_1718.JPG
    549 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: TXRattler07
Here's a couple. H&K SP5 with some upgrades, Surefire Forend, Full Top Rail, new Flat Trigger Pack, I still have the Brace on it probably going to form 1 it and one other project I'm working on. UTC 45acp 16"Bbl. converted to a UMP. Got just about done with everything just got to dye the Gray Upper to Black and put a few things on it.
20220524_134756.jpg
20231027_151619.jpg
20231102_114552.jpg
20231102_114524.jpg

PTR91 GIR
Timney trigger
PA 1x6 w/fishing reel throw lever
Magpul UBR stock
AimSports extended mloc forearm
Magpul mloc panels
Streamlight with pressure switch
FAB Defense bipod
Muzzle brake (don't remember the brand)

The wood furniture it previously wore is looking for a new owner gone.

z7uV8s7.jpg
Yep. This should be a learning experience 🫣

Got a 40⁰ HK21 locking piece on the way, assorted ammos.... yay

Load development to follow. I'd like this to be a 1.5-2 MOA general purpose rifle.
20231117_165630.jpg

Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8. The EBR-8 reticle lines up almost perfectly with M80 ball ammo in Strelok. 👌 we'll check at the range.

First ammo used will be the Swiss Saltech M80 150gr 😘 my DNA makes good shit.

17002850357863515969765905245021.jpg

And a German G1, the final accepted variant by the German Bundeswehr(Army) in 1957.
TM6

P1170945.JPG

And the G1(This is BGS Model C, same as the G1) firing full auto without topcover and slowed to show inner workings of action:

Vs. the rotating bolt of the M14:

Last edited: