• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Interest in Steyr SSG 69 Aluminum Trig. Guard

So, i promised to shoot a video of my rifle feeding with the CDI bottom metal, and here it is.
Sorry for the crappy quality, but all i had was my cell phone, so that will have to do for now. And if I sound a bit distracted, its du to the fact that i just came from a night shift, and i try to keep awake for as long as possible, so i can adjust to the dayshift...

I had to do some fitting in order to get my rifle to feed, but i wont hold that against CDI, as i am pretty sure that my wooden stock has been compressed around the action screws, due to either overtightening, or just due to the fact that it has been torqued since 1986, or around that time at least.

The first video shows the feeding and extraction of dummy rounds of different lenghts, and the second video shows the fitting that i had to do. Its only a mock up, so that i could get the spacing right, and i plan on getting the rifle pillar bedded at a later date.

I am happy with the product, and it just made it a whole new rifle, so thumbs up to CDI for their work :)

Video of the feeding/extraction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2cdRMpnaxk&list=UUql3sWIa1UA4EQsFzL-_GLg

The fitting done (so far)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=craIumAO7-4&list=UUql3sWIa1UA4EQsFzL-_GLg

If you have any further questions, then feel free to ask, and I will do my best to answer them.

Last edited:
Thank`s for making the video of your new CDI DBM l cant wait to get mine in the post .I also have a wooden stock and a green plastic one so your video will help in identifying any issues quickly ..

cheers.

To Coolssg:

You are welcome :)

If it is possible to do, could you try and measure the thickness of material at the action bolts on both the wood and plastic stock? I am courious to see if there is any difference between the two stocks.

And do your wood stock have the UIT rail under the foreend?

Mine does not, but i recently saw one that did, and i wondered if it was a factory option, or an after market installation.

Thanks.

Claus

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Wood stock front is 20.87mm rear 10mm This stock is in perfect condition no crushing of wood anywhere around the screw holes ..
Plastic Stock front is 21mm rear 10.5mm this is a brand new green stock from Austria last one they told me ...

Hope this helps you, l received my CDI DBM in the post today fits like a glove l placed a very thin washer at the front and rear as the bolt was just touching the mag feed lips ,could of left it but tried the washers and still works fine.
Just sussing out if l can use AW mags with the dbm may need to machine a very very small section of the underside of the action but it looks like to me it may work but l`m a bit scared about machining my baby..

Super. I will measure mine later tonight when i get home.

I would not machine the action, what mags are you using that fits?
I just ordered a .308 AI mag, and mine did not need any alterations to the action it self. And i would never touch my action with anything other than soft hands :)

the AI 10 shot mags work fine but l was going to try ad get the AW double stack 10 shot mags to work they are great mags easy as to load and are even shorter than the AI ones and you can top feed them as well and l also use these AW mags for my other rifles as well..

Cheers

I missed the detail where the AW mags where double stack :) Quite embaressing on a sniper forum :-D
It all makes sense now.

Okay. So apparently they made 2 versions of the wood stocks. I am learning new things about the SSG's from this thread.
Are they any websites with more history about these rifles, because i would like to know some more about the different versions.
After all (as far as i know anyway) the SSG was the first purpose designed, and built sniper rifles, so they have their place in the history of firearms.

Blackbrush l have a alpha type 2 mag and they are great but l like the AW mags a bit better they are shorter than the alpha mags..and you can easily load 10 rounds with little effort .the last round in the alpha mags is tight as hell but l guess that can only improve overtime.thanks for the heads up .
Cheers.

Wood stock front is 20.87mm rear 10mm This stock is in perfect condition no crushing of wood anywhere around the screw holes ..
Plastic Stock front is 21mm rear 10.5mm this is a brand new green stock from Austria last one they told me ...

Finally got around to measuring mine.

Front: 21.26 mm
Rear: 10.85

So not much different from yours. Strange.

I got mine on thursday 4-24-14 , Double set trigger model . Great piece . follow the directions with the DBM . I used 4 .016 shims ( 2 front , 2 back ) and it works perfect. I did have to relieve the trigger guard where the rear trigger and the guard met ( .015 removed from the rear radius ) Super slick :) thanks so much for an awesome product.

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I stumbled upon it earlier. A few friends and I have been working towards creating a CNC milled aluminium magazine housing for the SSG 69 to accept the original magazines. A 3D model was made from an original housing and from that we had a prototype 3D model printed. That has been refined and another is heading my way currently. Once the second has been tested for fit and function we'll go into production of the CNC version.

A picture paints a thousand words so here are some of the first prototype:

IMG_5438.jpg
IMG_5439.jpg
IMG_5446.jpg
IMG_5448.jpg

Reactions: jetmd
So the final 3D prototype has been test for fit and function. Apart from one small change it’s good to go. We’re waiting on a production quotation currently.

Here’s what it looks like:

6583F971-934A-4302-8786-103C8614B5BB.jpeg

391D22B5-1041-4056-B752-E3A15AAE41CC.jpeg

E2FBE08D-0D58-4308-A168-8220C6CFE8D1.jpeg

FBAD6473-CA9A-4C4C-A497-4DAEF9E4DA8B.jpeg

B87A9E11-6B45-486E-B3CE-81CC30A9FD6B.jpeg

Reactions: Beket_ca
For eleven years I have managed to quietly lurk... until I stumbled across this.

How do I get one for a PIIk single trigger?

Glad to hear it! I will keep you updated as to the progress - we’re getting there. As far as I’m aware your trigger guard will be the same size as mine (.308 PI) so compatibility shouldn’t be an issue.

Thanks, will reply after this!

Shouldn’t be an issue getting them to the US but it won’t be especially quick.

Cheers,

Dr. S
Glad to hear it! I will keep you updated as to the progress - we’re getting there. As far as I’m aware your trigger guard will be the same size as mine (.308 PI) so compatibility shouldn’t be an issue.
is the PII single trigger guard and dbl set guard the same dimension??

By way of an update, we’re currently working on making this compatible with double trigger SSG 69s as well. They’ll be slightly behind the single trigger versions but I hope it won’t take too long if anyone would like one!

Reactions: WaywardSon
The rest of the batch is here! Unfortunately there will be a delay to them being vapour honed and anodised but hopefully it won’t take too long! They all fit and function perfectly.

Attachments

• 19A05258-8C1D-4F9D-A347-560831DB56AD.jpeg
    19A05258-8C1D-4F9D-A347-560831DB56AD.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 48E25992-C93A-4C4F-BDF5-F1EAC5EB506D.jpeg
    48E25992-C93A-4C4F-BDF5-F1EAC5EB506D.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 83
  • E4C5F9C7-4F8D-4046-AB0B-C673ABE94DCF.jpeg
    E4C5F9C7-4F8D-4046-AB0B-C673ABE94DCF.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 0F6D9A19-D175-4711-99F7-EF4FCCFD91A5.jpeg
    0F6D9A19-D175-4711-99F7-EF4FCCFD91A5.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 73
Do you have a plan to develop a version to take AICS magazines?

Good question. It’s feasible but I’ll have to speak to my resident CAD-monkey about it. I’ll also have to get my hands on an AICS mag (not the end of the world).

Won’t be any time soon but there’s potential!

Reactions: yej0001
Good question. It’s feasible but I’ll have to speak to my resident CAD-monkey about it. I’ll also have to get my hands on an AICS mag (not the end of the world).

Won’t be any time soon but there’s potential!

SSG69's plastic magazine is a weak link with this rifle and I think magazines will be extinct soon now Steyr stopped making this rifle. If AICS mag can be used, SSG69 will remain a legendary rifle in a practical sense :)

SSG69's plastic magazine is a weak link with this rifle and I think magazines will be extinct soon now Steyr stopped making this rifle. If AICS mag can be used, SSG69 will remain a legendary rifle in a practical sense :)

Ah for sure, it’s on the ‘to look into’ list! I will keep everyone posted but right now I’m focusing on getting the CNC’d original version out to people!

This is going to be a "great pice of kit" and a very worth while investment. Cheers to Tom and his mates for taking on this project.

Yesss ... this is going to be a "great pice of kit" and a very worth while investment for the Steyr Mannlicher SSG 69 lovers - like me.

And, yesss .. three (3) cheers for Tom and his mates for taking on this project !

Got mine installed. It's excellent. Easy swap over and everything works as it should. Can store my plastic one away now for if I ever sell it (which probably isn't likely given that next to my K98k ZF39 sniper rifle and my m/41B Swede it is my equal dream sniper rifle and they're not going anywhere!

Attachments

• tempImageR9ypo1.png
    tempImageR9ypo1.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 100
  • tempImagerWH5Tg.png
    tempImagerWH5Tg.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 109
  • tempImagevkRddq.png
    tempImagevkRddq.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 104
Reading is an essential art. Even the date of the post. Sorry

So to answer the original question, the new design of bottom metal is suitable for both the single and double trigger versions of the rifle. It’ll be the only one supplied from now on for ease of production. It’ll be the same for the AICS magazine version - one bottom metal for single and double triggers!