• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Interest in Steyr SSG 69 Aluminum Trig. Guard

CDI is nearing completion....

ATTACH]26045[/ATTACH]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389048872.024299.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389048834.973305.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389048834.973305.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 50
Hi guys, yeah were almost done, they drop right into the factory stock, easy and looks good. Just doing some final trim work and pretty stuff to them.. then its game on ;) Thanks so much for your patience, we had some interesting things happen in the last quarter 2013, so it slowed us down a little.;)

Sign me up for one too (to fit the McMillan stock!) Can't hardly wait!

Bangarang

Best News I've heard this year:D Is shipping outside the US a problem? Pleeeease tell me it's not:cool:

Last edited:
Ok..... Jeff says they run great in both stocks and he's made a run that's being tumbled and then sent for anodizing.

Good looking stock don't you think?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390055023.544554.jpg

I guess so it looks great but i really like the shape of the original trigger but that`s just my opinion ...

Take my money!

That looks really nice. Are they in stock yet?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The trigger guard looks a lot better in the last picture very nice .now for the price ..???? Can we pre order one now....????

Call CDI. Historically all of his bottom metal has been the same price. The one shown appears to have been anodized so he's very far along in his process. I'm expecting mine soon.

On another note, keep in mind mags like the 5 shot AI will protrude very little compared to the one pictured.

Hi guys, ok heres some info.:

These will be ready by end of week or so, have parts at anodize, so can ship shortly. Price is $239 free ship in the US. A little more than out other DBM but these are a bit more complicated and take more matl and time.;) they will be worth it for sure. We tried them with an old Alpha mag too and that worked well, maybe even better than the AI, good stuffs. We also supply new screws too, get rid of that old slit head junk in there,lol. Thanks for your patience.

Jeff and Pam

SSg69%201_resize.JPG

SSg69%202_resize.JPG

SSg69%203_resize.JPG

And for the die hard SSG guys that aren't familiar with the AI mags, there are smaller models/versions that will protrude only a small amount from the bottom as well as big uns like the one pictured.

Jeff and Pam,

Now that the SSG69 bottom metal is underway, is there any chance that you would consider making the picatinny top rail… as in the middle picture of post #218?

It would make a nice package: Bottom Metal/Picatinny Rail/and a Couple of Magazines…

That rail was ( don't know if it still is) available from Steyr USA. It is not true Pic spec. I've had to modify some rings to work with it. The recess on the side is too narrow. The "claws" on some rings need to be cut down to allow proper fit.

I think the Near Manufacturing makes a rail for the SSG.

I have a different model, which i bought from Germany to avoid the export troubles.

http://www.mil-optics.de/45/Montage...en/SSG69?PHPSESSID=006u78kiad19spfqt0mm8sggg0

I did not need to do any modifications to the rail in order to accept the scopemount, but i did epoxy it to place to keep in solidly in place.

I am satisfied with this rail.

I looked at the rail on this rifle, and we can make them, no biggie, I would also do a 30 MOA one, for 308 its a basic need. IT will take a little time tho, I'm gonna scout out a SSG69 for a shop rifle and use that for the design work.. stay tuned

Jeff

Maybe, some of you would be interested to know that Steyr Mannlicher SSG 69 rifles usually have integral 20 MOA rails on the receiver.

Here is a copy of an email sent to me on February 14 2011 by Mr Oliver Bauer.

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email and for being a STEYR MANNLICHER customer.
Yes, you are absolutely right - the SSG 69 PI and PII have 20 MOA rails.
There are also pure civilian versions with 0 MOA rails (called the SSG 69 MATCH).

Best regards,

Oliver Bauer
Sales Manager
-----------------------------------------

STEYR MANNLICHER GmbH
Ramingtal 46
A-4442 Kleinraming
Austria"

----------------------------------------

Last edited:
Since I am the culprit that unintentionally set this thread off topic, let me try and steer it back on course…..

We have a tracking number!

CDI bottom metal on its way!

Well, yes, you have a tracking number, as you say.

But then, Jeff himself at CDI Precision just wrote that he could make a rail for the SSG 69 rifles. Maybe he already knows very well about the integral 20 MOA rails of those rifle and then, maybe not.

So, you will also have to steer Jeff back on course, amongst others.

Jeff and Pam,

Thank you, I am a very happy man today…it’s a work of art…fits like a glove…

I don't know what to say. Jeff and CDI went well above and beyond. I couldn't be more pleased with the end product. Top shelf.

I'm so glad to hear that this project has finally come to fruition, thanks, CDI! Now if we could only get someone other than Mcmillan to make a stock for the SSG....

Well, yes, you have a tracking number, as you say.

But then, Jeff himself at CDI Precision just wrote that he could make a rail for the SSG 69 rifles. Maybe he already knows very well about the integral 20 MOA rails of those rifle and then, maybe not.

So, you will also have to steer Jeff back on course, amongst others.

My SSG69 PII came with no integral Picatinny rail. The one I added was from the Steyr US Importer and it was not true Picatinny spec. It also had no elevation built into it. They have not been available for some time.

Should CDI produce one, I'm sure it will be high quality and it would certainly fill an empty niche.

I don't think Jeff has been off course at all. Maybe one or two here have been though......

Blackbrush,

I am not talking about an integral Picatinny rail on Steyr Mannlicher SSG 69 rifles. No, I am talking about the scope mounting rails that are machined on the receiver (PI and PII rifles). If you have your rifle close by, just look carefully at the inclination of those rails : They are sloping downwards from back to front of the receiver.

And to make things easier to understand, I hereby give you a copy of the email (part of it) that I had sent to Mr Oliver Bauer with his response already posted here (#230) :

"Betreff: Steyr Mannlicher SSG PII rifle - Technical question

Hello Mr Bauer,

(...)

So, for the last few months, I have been studying my rifle from all sides and angles and I have a technical question for you. When I look at it closely, it seems to me that the SSG has inclined scope mount rails machined on the receiver. I think that I can see that the rails are inclined downwards from back to front of the receiver. If I am not completely mistaken, the SSG would have - de facto - an integrated inclined scope mount system, and that, Mr Bauer, would be great.

And my question is : assuming that I am right (!), would you be able to tell me the degree of inclination of those rails, in MOA (Minute of Angle)? I thought that the good people at Steyr Mannlicher would know - better than anybody else.

The idea of an integrated inclined mount system on the SSG 69 PII rifle is not mine : I read about it a few months ago on the Internet (just can't find the thread anymore, of course) and it has been puzzling me ever since. It was just an opinion but still, I am not the only one who is puzzled.

Best regards,

J... D........"

And his response :

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email and for being a STEYR MANNLICHER customer.
Yes, you are absolutely right - the SSG 69 PI and PII have 20 MOA rails.
There are also pure civilian versions with 0 MOA rails (called the SSG MATCH).

Best regards,

Oliver Bauer
Sales Manager

------------------------------------------

STEYR MANNLICHER GmbH
Ramingtal 46
A-4442 Kleinraming
Austria"

------------------------------------------

I was just trying to help here.

Carcajou

I would love a stock built like the McMillan but the shape ,weight and color of the original .that would be sweet !!!!!

The color (gray or green) and the weight can be matched by McMillan. I much prefer the shape of the Mc. Anybody want to buy a factory stock, magazine and improved factory trigger guard?

Would it be possible for those lucky guys who have received there nice new CDI dBm to show us some pics of the dBm fitted and maybe even a short video of one cycling a few rounds .

I plan on doing just thatbas soon as mine arrives.
And i have a wooden stock, so that will show how it fits that type of stock. I dont have a magazine for it yet, but ill post a video as soon as that arrives.

I also have a wooden stock love the shape .mine is on its way also can't wait to try it out should be good ...

Does anyone know if CDI's will fit an SSG69 with the dual set triggers? I was told that Steyria's required extra fitting and such if your SSG had the dual triggers so I'm hesitant to order CDI's unless I know that it will fit my rifle.

Picture attached for those who don't know what I'm talking about

Attachments

• f52c06e9f5.JPG
    f52c06e9f5.JPG
    348 KB · Views: 43
The following pictures show the very little bit of fitting that would be needed for the double set triggers to have adequate clearance. The small plastic piece (middle pic) is a remnant from my original Steyr plastic bottom. I have it next to the CDI bottom metal for comparison.

It looks like a judicious touch with a mill or a hand file is all that would be required. These parts are just propped up in approximate place for the sake of a photo. I don’t plan on ever using the double trigger so I will not be opening the slot at all.

Having had a chance to handle all the parts and to look at both the CDI bottom metal and the original plastic bottom I have to say that the original enthusiasm that I had when I first posted was insufficient.
There is absolutely no comparison.

The new CDI bottom metal is robust, well thought out, very well made and fits beautifully.

000_0006.jpg000_0004.jpg000_0005.jpg

Last edited:
Would it be possible for those lucky guys who have received there nice new CDI dBm to show us some pics of the dBm fitted and maybe even a short video of one cycling a few rounds .

I cant upload pics or vids at the moment but I can tell you it is a superb bit of kit, I got to try the new DBM last Sunday and try as I might I could not get it to fail. I tried cycling the bolt slowly and as fast as possible, in every case the result was the same-"flawless cycling":cool: I can't speak highly enough of this, it has sorted the achilles heel of an otherwise great rifle.

Oh thanks for the pics. I will make a little change and we will offer both versions no worries. Thanks guys

Jeff and Pam

That's stellar! You definitely have my business. I'll be sending my order as soon as the dual trigger model is available. It's great to finally see a company come through with this project, I've been waiting a long time to solve my only gripe with my SSG69