• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any local shooters here in glendale,az?

remiglockoholic

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2010
Alright ladies and germs I'll take this moment to be brutally honest and mention I am in the USAF YES! there are a lot of chairs involved.. But honestly I'm tired of spending time reading and approximating this hobby of mine, listening to other non-spec ops folks.

Any advice, hands-on or local schooling options would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks!

Re: Any local snipers here in glendale,az?

homer-eating-popcorn.jpg

Welcome to the Hide.
Some friendly advise...sit back and coast for a bit. You are off to a bumpy start
smile.gif

Thanks, but if i have a question i'm going to ask it, it's not a popularity contest atleast not for me if a anti RemiG campaign starts it's no skin off my neck..

So advice taken i'll act on it one day

Knock yourself out cowboy! This will be fun.

My guess is that you are a recycled troll coming off a time out or you are simply a clueless dumbass. Either way, you better use your seatbelt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RemiG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leave it to the tree hugers in Gayfornia to post some cartoon bullshit.. but thanks Phylodog.. </div></div>

Real good start.

Aside from you helping me raise my post count.. what are you trying to accomplish? I said i'll take your advice and was on my merry way to checking out the website Phylo posted.

If (key word being "if") you were out for my best interest of having a smooth ride into the forum you would have pm'd me saying "slow my role" or something to that effect. Now are you a jokester or are you gonna provide me some valuable info i can use today so i can advance myself in my new hobby? If you aren't helping me I'd like to say thanks for your humor and my new nickname and i'll continue to "coast".

Thanks for your time.

I'm out

I'll take a shot ...

USAF in Glendale,AZ means Luke AFB I assume. In that area there are some clubs that host "<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Long Range Precision Shooting</span></span>" matches up at Ben Avery or out at Phoenix Rod and Gun as well as up towards Prescott.

For serious training, the closest is probably Gunsite but Google will give you other local options as well.

http://www.gunsite.com/main/

If you are serious and just starting out, I would recommend looking the online training available on this very site. That will save a lot of ammo and ensure you have the fundamentals before you spend lots of money on serious training. It's helped lots of us non-spec ops folks improve our skills.

^^^^ +1.
There are some people on here who actually like to help and want to learn. It just takes some weeding out. You'll see lots (too many) dick measuring contests, but tons of seriously good information. You'll begin to notice who to take seriously.
Take it slow, read a lot, search before you ask (you'll probably find a good old answer and save the thread pollution), and enjoy. Its a great hobby as long as you don't mind tossing around a little cash.

Yup right outta Luke good sir.

In my defense.. i did look for the last few weeks then i decided to join since flipping thru the pages on the forum didn't seem to get me what i was looking for.

Also taking into consideration i can't just go away for a week up north, i was hoping to stumble across some local folks whom may be more knowledgable than the individuals I currently go shooting with just to see if what we do when we go out is consistent.I'm no pro but at the same time I'm not staring down the bore to verify the chamber is empty either..

So thanks for the link i might give in and spend the money or maybe i'll luck up and see some pros shooting while out on Miller Rd. or when i venture back up to Ben Avery..

In your defense? You are acting like a tool, when you are the one seeking the knowledge-how's that working for you so far?

Are you looking for local people that shoot practical precision rifle, or are you looking for real sniper-y stuff? If its a hobby, I'd imagine that you are looking for the former. Where you have stepped in shit is by using the "s" word. Many of us that are not snipers and enjoy the hobby of practical precision rifle tend to not call ourselves or what we do "snipers" or "sniping" because
-we're not snipers
-we respect those that are
-the fieldcraft of sniping is a whole 'nother ball game than dynamic practical civilian shooting
-unless Uncle Sam or your local chief LEO give you a presicion weapon system capable of 70% plus first round hits at its maximum effective range and trains you to use it in that role as part of earning your living, you my friend are not a sniper. They (uncle or CLEO) may give you a check, but if they don't give you the rifle you aren't a sniper.

Perhaps you should stop by Phoenix Rod and Gun Club, we have a PRecision Rifle match monthly. Some of us usually practice every thursday for an hour or two around 7am. We also host an annual two day match that's arguably the best this side of the Missisipi.
http://thetprc.com/
or search youtube for "tprc 2010" for some good video the competitors shot.

There is also F-Class shooting at BASF. Don't bother trying to impress the coat and sling crowd with your mad sniper skills either....they will not be impressed.

If you wanna dress in a ghillie and act sniper-y Miller Rd and the dirt shooters are the best game in town for you. If you wanna check the f'kin attitude and learn something come on out and shoot with us at PRGC.

I'd love to chat more, but I gotta go send some rounds down range.

Once again thank you DirtyRod, nly205 and Phylodog.

I'm still at a lost as to why everyone decided to post and not be helpful, but I'm the troll cause i asked a question. coulda swore up and down "trolling" is when you bring havoc onto "other" peoples post..

I wish i could delete this damn post so i don't have to recieve any more text lashing for not worshiping the cyber ground those before me clicked across..

Remi,

I threw the pic up there because it usually becomes one heck of a dog pile when someone asks about "snipers" and "sniping". sobrbiker's second paragraph will give you some good pointers for addressing the masses in the future.

There should be a decent contingent of AZ folks in your area. There is a forum strictly for linking up with others in your area. As far as schools are concerned, spend 10 bucks a month to gain access to the training forum. There are tons of training dates listed for various instruction. Find some of the drills listed throughout the forum and practice. You can always use up some of that leave time and head to Rifles Only for one of their classes.

It's all well and good asking questions, but this place will be less than fun if you can't take a bit of ribbing. Responding with the stuff about "a tree-hugger from Gayfornia" was probably ill advised and shows that you know nothing of where I am actually from, what my "environmental stance" is, and why I HAD to move to California in the first place. That's for another time, just use some better judgment when it comes to titles and posts.

You would have received a lot of help if it had read something like this:

Title: Looking for precision rifle help/schools around Glendale, AZ.

Lastly, few members here are "spec ops", so you may want to be open to listening to some accomplished precision rifle shooters out there.

Josh

A rough and rocky start but I gotta give you credit for stickin in there! People are funny about the use of the word sniper on here and Sobrbiker pretty much summed it up. While I too am fairly new to this forum I was an active shooter at Ben Avery for a couple of years back in my single days (more money for ammo and toys). I don't want to assume so I will simply say I think you are looking for both the solid shooting skills and some fieldcraft skills too. There are plenty of people like you and I am not afraid to admit I am one of them. My time in the army was spent in commo(18 Echo)which means I was definitely not a sniper. I enjoy shooting and try do so as often as I can between family, work, and hunting. There are a couple of guys that I shoot with that share my love for shooting. We have recently started applying some fieldcraft to our shooting. Why? We feel that we don't want to be caught with our pants down on SHTF day and it is better to have the knowledge and skills than to not have them. Plus it can be fun and makes it different than just shooting at steel from the bench or mat.

To answer your question there are plenty of opportunities to learn in the valley. Sobrbiker made some great suggestions. My suggestion is that you take a trip to TPRC or Ben Avery and take a look. Try to meet a few people and express your interest. If you check your attitude at the door and don't come off as cocky you will be surprised at how much info there is to be had from these guys. There are world class shooters down there that willingly give pointers and advice to anyone interested that has a good attitude. The fieldcraft aspect is useless if you don't have the skills to make the shots.

There are two schools that I know of in Arizona that may interest you. Gunsite in Paulden and GPS in Phoenix. I have never been to GPS and don't know much about it. I have taken a couple of pistol classes and a shotgun class at Gunsite and my opinion of the facility, instructors, and classes is that they are all top notch.

Good luck and nice to see someone that isn't afraid to hang in there after a good slammin!

jcfd2201 no harm no foul i'll take a joke but at the same time i don't appreciate old guys talking at me like i'm one of their children, no 1 has punched me in the mouth or threatened my well being cause that would be beyond jokes so i think i'll survive..

MinorDamage I'm sorry for u if u take offense to california bashing but i'm accustomed to doing,really my post was intended to just be a blanket statement and if i was lucky a person of the same cloth in AZ would throw in their 2 cents and i would run with it,i was at lodge tonight and was told pretty much just come here to read on product and equipment reviews. I'm sure i'll get along with less than 2% of the people here but thats ok by my standards for the internet at least.

So thanks gentlemen for letting me see the dynamics of this forum without traveling far.

RemiG,

With a winning attitude like yours, I am sure you don't need to turn down the invitation to shoot with anyone. After five minutes on the range, I bet you get asked to leave. I can tell just by your posts that you shouldn't be allowed near any sort of weapon. Mentally unstable newbies like you, asking the same stupid questions over and over again, are the cause for so much of the frustration these more experienced Hide posters feel towards all newbies.

There is a difference between kissing ass, and paying respect to those who have gone before you. Maybe you should learn that before you try to connect with other shooters. It's obvious your parents and the military have failed to teach you that lesson, and I suspect it's more your fault than theirs.

Ok, your right I'm some unstable noobie who has weseled my way into owning a firearm and into the military and disgraced my family yada yada yada.."some" of you people here have put yourself on a pedestal and that's ok because that works for you guys. But in the mean while think to yourself if I'm such a terrible character why in hell are you'll even responding to me? I didn't ask for life lessons I have that in order and if not may the man himself strike me down.. The only thing I'll apologize for is using the "s" word but that's it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RemiG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, your right I'm some unstable noobie who has weseled my way into owning a firearm and into the military and disgraced my family yada yada yada.."some" you people here have put yourself on a pedestal and that's ok because that works for you guys. But in the mean while think to yourself if I'm such a terrible character why in hell are you'll even responding to me? I didn't ask for life lessons I have that in order and if not may the man himself strike me down.. The only thing I'll apologize for is using the "s" word but that's it.
</div></div>

You obviously don't have it all figured out, or you wouldn't have that a-hole target on your forehead.
smile.gif

You made a minor mistake asking for "sniper" training partners. No big deal. The seasoned members here put you back in line with their usual half-prickly advice. You responded with insults, and a general tone of arrogance that most people would associate with a punk teenager, and not the adult representative of the Air Force that you claim to be. Take a breath, and drop the Top Gun attitude for five seconds.

By all means, ignore me if you like. I am just trying to help you get the most out of your time here. I am only 7 posts in on this forum, and I already know what NOT to do to get along here.

Ok sir,

I probably will ignore you,like i said those who have anyone(s) best interest at heart usually will pull a person off to the side (pm in this case) and say some words on a 1-1 basis. You are a person who obviously just likes to hear himself speak and get noticed or you would of sent me a brief msg like the other guys here did.. This isn't elitist happy hour friday i don't need a big smile and moist lips to get ahead in life like some people..

Why you are still engaging me in conversation i don't know i'm sure you have nothing i desire as i the same to you.. Don't mention my work or my family that is of no concern of yours cause i damn sure don't care about how you make a living..

Good day you have yourself a safe weekend!!