• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any reviews of TiborasaurusRex's YouTube Vids?

Yeah, but he did it all "wrong."

I enjoy watching bits and pieces of Rex's review videos and feel they are worth more that what you pay for them... When it comes to shooting nothing beats formal training from Frank or Jacob at Rifles Only. After seeing a few of Rex's sniper101 when he first started the series I stopped watching those as I didn't wish to relearn/reinforce many of my old bad habits. I have both Frank's and Jacob's DVD set and watch them to refresh my memory at least once a year while gearing up for the next match season. I also have the magpul series for the little bit of Caylen Wojcik's instruction.

Last edited:
I think the guy is legit, definitely no substitute for actual training and range time but a good resource nonetheless. He definitely has some preferences on equipment and techniques but there's no doubt he's put a lot of lead down range. He just posted a video of 3 rounds in the same hole https://youtu.be/r63NXuVO8ac

I don't think that, "Indoor Range" is 100 yards.... sure has heck looks shorter, like 50 or less.

yeah....something there doesnt pass the smell test.....

1) that is clearly not 100 yds......100-150 FEET is more likely.......using the drywall boards on the wall (assuming theyre 4' long), i estimate almost exactly 100 feet.

2) ANYONE who can shoot 0.1MOA groups from a bipod would be tearing it up on the competition circuit...PRS, Highpower, Palma, hell even Benchrest....you dont just have that ability and not use it.

3) 3 shot groups are for pussies....come back with a 5 or 10 shot group and well talk.

So, which is it? 2) A 0.1 MOA 3-shot group is an incredible ability that you can't have without using it on the circuit? Or, 3) A 0.1 MOA group doesn't mean anything because it isn't 5- or 10-shots?
Confused...

Personally, I have no problem believing it is 100 yds, knowing the lack of depth-of-field provided by a zoom lens. I've also seen the dude take a .22 LR pistol and nail a 12 in. plate at 200 yds with boring repeatability, and yes - it was pretty clear the measurements of the plate and the range were reasonable. I don't think he has any reason to fabricate it.

Last edited:
which is it?.......thats not 100 yds......period.

points 2 and 3 were supplemental.........especially considering he was shooting factory ammo.

i mean, if you want i can bust out some crayons and write it all out again for you.......

and "doesnt have any reason to fabricate it?"

you mean aside from the cult like following he has based on his perceived shooting ability?....the fact that hes now teaching classes?......or the fact that hes getting paid to promote items?.....

holding 6 moa with a pistol is a lot more believable than shooting .1MOA with factory ammo from a bipod.

Touchy! But, you missed the point. Your points 2 and 3 are in conflict with each other. I asked you to clarify which you meant. Crayons are acceptable, if that's what it takes. Also, how did you measure the range?

When I go to the range, I film about 2 hours of video each trip. That gets edited down to 5 minutes, maybe I make two 5 minute videos from a single day, that means I have about 1 hour and 50 minutes worth of video that you guys never see. If I used that unseen video and put a voice over track on it, I could make a new video every single day. Sure the video would be you watching me shoot at a target, or turning a knob, or writing something down, but at the end of day, it would just be a highlight video with me talking over it. Great for content but bad for showing you something more than me shooting and hitting shit.

This is key. Franks videos are to the point and focused. After you watch it once, you know the takeaway. Many instructors, either live or youtube, seem to like to hear their mouth rattle and by rambling on endlessly, they dilute their message.

I think the guy is legit, definitely no substitute for actual training and range time but a good resource nonetheless. He definitely has some preferences on equipment and techniques but there's no doubt he's put a lot of lead down range. He just posted a video of 3 rounds in the same hole https://youtu.be/r63NXuVO8ac

He also posted that he had to stop at 3 rds due to mirage...

Ever heard of smoke and mirrors? You never see him impacting in that group or the target beforehand. You can hear the bipod crunching on rocks or something in the video. Not exactly the best surface for benchrest groups with a bit of free recoil.

I have to believe he's being compensated in some way for that promotion. New guys wanting to get their name out there and they may need his audience. Their prices are harder to believe than that group.

He likely shot it, but I'm not sure if it was that outing, or at 100yds.

You know, none of these ideas are exactly original...and its better to...reference knowledge sources then bad sources. Also i'm willing to bet he was a bat boy from the 80s that went to SOIDC. So what. Also so what if he distributes it. A power point its not exactly top secret information and cannot embarrass or harm the united states, or the USA in any way. its like HME..no point in saying its top secret to someone...you can literally go to the store and buy tannerite and some lamp cord and a 9 volt and get creative..notice how I left the initiator (cap) out of the equation.......which is kind of the opposite what you just did if you think about...you associated something to the USA as being official.

He is doing "Seminars" in a Bass Pro shop in Tx and actually charges more than Litz does for the AB Seminars, would you really want to pay more than Bryan Litz for a 2 day seminar for a guy who copies stuff out of older Military manuals, most of which has been rewritten and updated since then ? Old material is still old material, he might as well be reading out of the Ultimate Sniper books as that stuff is reputable too, at least it was in 1996. We've progressed a pretty far bit down the road since then.

I guess there is a shooting part happening later, but the money is silly when you consider he really has no background beyond YouTube.

Would pay a YouTube reviewer to teach you carbine or handgun ? How about a seminar vs an actual class ? We're talking $650 for a seminar vs an actual class.

When you go to the Litz seminar you get the books and his material, does Rex offer free access to his YouTube Channel ? in exchange ...

I'm not posting a link for him to get more "hits" on his video, but the latest one with the Axial 6.5creed and the two ladies affirms earlier beliefs. Assuming it's the same camera that he was using on the previous video, it is rather strange that he can't zoom in enough to see the bullet holes well at 100 yards when his other video had no trouble with getting enough magnification at "100 yards". In fact, the size of the target captured in the frame vs the previous video shows a dramatic difference, regardless of resolution/camera stability.

The series is called Sniper 101, 101 would indicate that it is just the basics and he even states this. I have never heard him say he is training SpecOp Hard target Interdiction classes, again just the basics. So people should not expect more than that from him, his goal is just to give out free training online. I would rather learn from someone that read the army handbook than those other gun channels on YouTube who's only sniping experience is shooting prairie dogs. Yes he has classes you can pay for which I have not gone through so I have no clue what type of information he gives there, but if people pay him then I can't blame him for charging that much, and who knows maybe there's good info there. He apparently has many guest speakers including professional long range shooters and former military guys.

Him never being in the military as a sniper does not bother me. I remember watching the SOFREP podcast on YouTube featuring Robert O'Neill the SEAL sniper who killed Osama, and he says he never even bothered learning coriolus. So if someone knows their stuff they know their stuff and they don't need any credentials to prove it. That being said there are some things that even me as a beginner that I see massive issues with. For example he has some weird fetish with low power optics. He recommends people 10x and 12x's at the MAX... He needs to understand for a beginner having that low of an optic can be frustrating and cause enough grief for people to completely quit the hobby. He discondes optics over 16x most of the time to people asking him for ELR scopes. There was the whole thing were he made a video response to low light, which was kind of childish and really did not warrant a video. But there's no reason to hate the guy for just that. Also he does not shoot far all things considered, the longest shot I recall seeing from him was 1700 yards and his average shooting seems to be done under 1200.

So he is a good channel for the basics, but for more advanced earning I would watch other channels like Lowlight, and MarkandSam. My synopsis is feel free to listen to his series but understand some things he is heavily bias on like low power optics. Then move on to more advanced lessons like Snipers Hide videos and compare, contrast, and get rid of some things you learned in Sniper 101 as the info is dated. I have only watched around 10 of the videos, but without them I would have bought some crappy SFP MOA BDC scope. So at least he seems like a genuine nice guy and is drawing people into this sport to progress it.

All I seen were his shooting videos, and whose to say they were not edited? Wait that's right, if it's a on the net, thing.
Why don't we ever see the rest of the task on videos, oh that's right, that's not the fun/cool/ part.

Don't worry I know when to curl up in the corner an lick myself,.. now a good time?

The series is called Sniper 101, 101 would indicate that it is just the basics and he even states this. I have never heard him say he is training SpecOp Hard target Interdiction classes, again just the basics. So people should not expect more than that from him, his goal is just to give out free training online. I would rather learn from someone that read the army handbook than those other gun channels on YouTube who's only sniping experience is shooting prairie dogs. Yes he has classes you can pay for which I have not gone through so I have no clue what type of information he gives there, but if people pay him then I can't blame him for charging that much, and who knows maybe there's good info there. He apparently has many guest speakers including professional long range shooters and former military guys.

Him never being in the military as a sniper does not bother me. I remember watching the SOFREP podcast on YouTube featuring Robert O'Neill the SEAL sniper who killed Osama, and he says he never even bothered learning coriolus. So if someone knows their stuff they know their stuff and they don't need any credentials to prove it. That being said there are some things that even me as a beginner that I see massive issues with. For example he has some weird fetish with low power optics. He recommends people 10x and 12x's at the MAX... He needs to understand for a beginner having that low of an optic can be frustrating and cause enough grief for people to completely quit the hobby. He discondes optics over 16x most of the time to people asking him for ELR scopes. There was the whole thing were he made a video response to low light, which was kind of childish and really did not warrant a video. But there's no reason to hate the guy for just that. Also he does not shoot far all things considered, the longest shot I recall seeing from him was 1700 yards and his average shooting seems to be done under 1200.

So he is a good channel for the basics, but for more advanced earning I would watch other channels like Lowlight, and MarkandSam. My synopsis is feel free to listen to his series but understand some things he is heavily bias on like low power optics. Then move on to more advanced lessons like Snipers Hide videos and compare, contrast, and get rid of some things you learned in Sniper 101 as the info is dated. I have only watched around 10 of the videos, but without them I would have bought some crappy SFP MOA BDC scope. So at least he seems like a genuine nice guy and is drawing people into this sport to progress it.

LOL

He never bothered to Learn Coriolis ... really

That is because it's a non issue, the USMC doesn't use it or Spin Drift, in fact they had it removed from the original software they used. Both Coriolis and Spin Drift are exaggerated for effect by almost everyone who talks about it. Take the 1000 yard number and cut it in 1/2 and you would be closer to correct.

Coriolis is equal to about 15fps of SD in your load, in other words, it's unnecessary to worry about it.

But there is some creative editing and wildly old information being put forward. It's not about "hating" the guy, we don't know each other. But it is about people embracing the series as something more than they are. Or paying real money to take a seminar from a person. Especially when you can hit a Litz seminar for less more, more information and course material given out to you. His guest speaker was James Yeager if I saw the article correctly, so what James Yeager know about Long Range Shooting ? The farther you run from a threat the longer the range is ...

Reactions: SLG
LOL

He never bothered to Learn Coriolis ... really

That is because it's a non issue, the USMC doesn't use it or Spin Drift, in fact they had it removed from the original software they used. Both Coriolis and Spin Drift are exaggerated for effect by almost everyone who talks about it. Take the 1000 yard number and cut it in 1/2 and you would be closer to correct.

Coriolis is equal to about 15fps of SD in your load, in other words, it's unnecessary to worry about it.

But there is some creative editing and wildly old information being put forward. It's not about "hating" the guy, we don't know each other. But it is about people embracing the series as something more than they are. Or paying real money to take a seminar from a person. Especially when you can hit a Litz seminar for less more, more information and course material given out to you. His guest speaker was James Yeager if I saw the article correctly, so what James Yeager know about Long Range Shooting ? The farther you run from a threat the longer the range is ...

If James Yeager is talking I'm changing the channel.

At 1K, spin drift for 208 Amax from my windmag is 0.2 mil, for my 308 w/175 SMK, it is 0.3 mil.

Not a lot, but enough to dial for.

If you say so, how much of that is shooter, how much wind, how are you even measuring it ?

i know guys who swear all day they start dialing SD at 400, 600, etc, once you see their lack of trigger control you immediately get it.

if you look, even in the Litz data its estimated to match your numbers, 1 MOA at 1000 yards, but the measured minus the wind is 6", basically 1/2 what is reported.

never dial it yet hit what i aim at, better than most in fact. How i graduated sniper school never mentioning or using it surprises me even today

Amazingly consistent in your misses hmm, must be Spin Drift then...

Are the misses the same regardless of the wind speed and direction ? Cause when I miss it is usually a wind error.

I find it funny how this works different for every shooter but being how you are textbook exact, you must be the rule and not the exception

Why I use SpinD, I drink and little and like clockwork it no longer works for me the same as it does you. (SD that is) It's science defying formula really works

Do us a favor and post a video of you shooting at 1000 yards wth a minute of spindrift dialed in, make sure we can see your trigger control

Spin drift is real, I first seen it in 45ACP shooting long ago, read about the effects. Found something odd going on while shooting 308 an 300wm years later. On this Forum long ago Bryan Lutz an David Tubbs both confirmed, the numbers I was seeing were approx what they seen as well. Can it be lost in the noise, sure. Can a intentional minor scope cant negate the drift, yes it can. I see drift easier in my cast subsonic ammo to 5-600 yds way easier than a 175 or 190 smk to 1K or better. 180gr Sierra pro-hunters loaded to the same speed do not drift the same as my cast. I also see custom barrels drifting less than factory barrels that copper bad. When working up subs some years ago I loaded a 10 rd mag with 5, 180gr pro hunters an 5 180gr Lyman 311332BV cast bullets. I loaded a prohunter then a cast until the mag was full. Both bullets had a known zero at 100yds and I shot both at jhuskeys short range with my side kick spotting. The drift on the cast was almost twice the copper jacketed. Same gun, bullet weight, speed, shooter, conditions, an targets. The later separates fact from fiction every-time. As my spotter says bullet holes/steel impacts have the final truthful word every time, wither one whats to believe what they see or not is irrelevant.

All I can do is laugh,

I have had this debate for far too many years and each new year I am proven right over the rest. I have not had to Update" my data on the subject like others.

Bryan, David, etc, are over estimating it, period, and we are not talking about subsonic shooting as that matters a lot. Subsonic bullets will drift but at 1k you are not subsonic with a lot of this stuff, so if it hasn't transitioned yet, you aint seeing it. Supersonic bullets are not drifting like subsonic ones.

Supersonic bullets are not drifting as much as reported, that has been proven. Pejsa, Boatright, Ruiz have all demonstrated this... and Hornady using 4 DOF has shown it to be less than recorded. None of the data previously is newer than 50 years give or take a day. Recently we have found it drifts far less.

Hell I have a left hand gain twist barrel and my data is the same, how is that even possible. If SD were so pronounced, we'd be shooting all left hand twist barrels again like we used too.

Elements of the military only teach it because they think they have too, it was never taught or included in a single manual prior to recent years because people are using it as a selling point.

We see more of this in new shooters with too much cheek pressure canting the rifle, too much trigger and not enough control, among other things. Funny the experienced guys tend to ignore it.

The flat rate value of 1 MOA which everything and everyone who talks about it uses it a made up value that was noticed a long time ago when they looked a 30-06. Today will modern equipment supersonic flight has been extended and by extending it, thus SD has moved farther out. 1 MOA is actually hitting closer to 1500 vs 1000 yards. With 1 MOA being based off the TOF of a bullet at 1000 yards they figure it cant hurt and it might just help. It helps more people fix a bad trigger than a bullet being effected by it.

Been here, done this and I will bet my data over the flat rate crap being peddled every day of the week.

What little I have an know seen tells me the amount of drift is dependent upon a combo of things, target range being primary.

I see more drift with slower bullets that faster ones, also projos that are marked more from copper being stripped off in the tube, sticks with less twist rate an bigger bullets over smaller ones.
Less drift with faster twist rates, more speed and no copper being stripped from the tube.

Check with the guy with the highest score at HR and ask him if he was allowing for spin drift. Since it was a .223 I am going to assume the wind wasn't a big factor that day. Those are 1 moa targets.

Check with the guy with the highest score at HR and ask him if he was allowing for spin drift. Since it was a .223 I am going to assume the wind wasn't a big factor that day. Those are 1 moa targets.

Biggest variable at HR is wind, which is left to right most of the time. That said the wind there can be from 9 to 3 from 6-900 and be 2-3 minute 308 value, then it will be from 3 to 9 w/a 2-3 minute value at a grand at the same time. The river of wind at HR is a finicky bitch.
Most who shoot HR rely on past data vs present conditions. I'll ask him but the 223 is a small bullet that I have found only sees 1/4-1/3 moa drift to a grand which gets lost in the noise quickly. A few have their scopes canted but the bulk just start with a 1/4 left at 600 an go out. There are 3-4 of us who always start at a grand an come back. I start there because I could care less about score. I want to know my gears & my ability's both stone cold at distance, anyone can walk them in. One of the reasons I do not shoot on Fridays anymore. Like the way Huskey laid it out, no sighters, no wind flags, and when the targets are scored it's all there for everyone to see. Mother nature changes so fast I've seen huge differences just between a relay. Hope one day Bill will allow the relays to be swapped, an allow the bigger guns to be shot first relay like the 223 do now, before mother gets on the rag. Tend to believe if that ever happened someone would clean it, but doubt it will ever be done the way the calibers are shot now. Max score is 200, I've seen some classes won with a 60-70 on ruff days. Have also seen some top shooters way down the list, just do to the relay they were on.

Last edited:
Found them, so I'll be able to see of the RH vs LH in the rifle world equates to RH vs LH rotation in the engine world, when operating north or south of the equator. Then again I think this same argument took place prior to the 303 British leaving the drawing board.

I just finished a private class yesterday and one of the Shooters had a lot of SD...

.5 Mils at 400 yards, in fact he had it at 200 yards too. Kept canting the rifle and would constantly shoot the right. Go figure, his Dad and Brother didn't need any SD even out to 1 Mile yesterday but Hollis, he needed it a bunch. The rifle just felt better in his shoulder with a bit of cant, and because they shared the rifle he did not want to rotate the scope. Instead we just added SD to the windage and bang, he was on target.

With Wind from both left and right over the two days, it was odd my wind calls were the same regardless of the shooter. In fact a lot of people comment because I do call the wind early on during an entry level class for everyone and my wind calls are pretty good when the student does their part.

So...all the shooters you mention think it exists....but the scientists you mention don't....well, that clears things up nicely Frank.

I mean, what the hell would people like Litz or Tubb know about shooting? They're just a couple of rubes with the wool pulled over thier eyes. Hell, if they'd just listened to the enlightened marine then they really could have been somebody.

Nobody ever said didn't exist, only much smaller than being reported and the effects are only noticeable during subsonic flight, after the bullet has passed through supersonic.

Big differences in what I said and what you are saying.

As well, maybe we should talk actual data and who has better accuracy. I know I was put head to head with your heroes and came out on top in that department so believe what you want.

You're the guy listening to a YouTube hero over charging people for a talk about what he saw on the internet or read in a book, vs actually shooting or being training.

regarding Tubb and the whole Coriolis/ SD debate.....you have to be pretty leary when listening to match shooters........because...well to put it nicely......they are nuts.

i shoot with a guy who custom machined his chassis out of the same material as his action.....because he didnt want the difference in thermal expansion rates to torque the action and throw off his shot....now hes a damn good shooter.....but hes not shooting any better than the people that have aluminum chassis, or even well bedded wood stocks...but its that level of obsession to detail that you expect from match shooters.....

now does he have a point.....well technically yes..........does is honestly actually make a real world difference....well no.

.....and just because they "swear by it".....doesnt mean it actually makes you shoot any better......

A few years ago, my PD partner and I went to an 'egg shoot' at a local range. Good training. Targets were 5 eggs at 200 yards.

In reality... a chip shot.

These guys had benchrest rifles, dialed in with hand-wheels and clamps and shot each round lovingly after, I think, caressing it with an ermine skin.

My partner and I shot off bipods, lying on the concrete pad. Using a sock bag under the rear stock. We each cleaned the eggs out in 5 shots in about 40 seconds total. Which was, in reality, slow fire. I mean... an egg at 200???

The 'bench guys' were just speechless. They were spending 2 minutes lining up one shot. And not all even hit the egg... at 200 yards, mind you.

Now if we changed to 1000 or some long distance, they'd have eaten our lunch, I am sure. Well, probably. But, seriously, some of these technicalities are just silly for precision rifle shooting.

Of course, you want to get into artillery... and, yes, when you are shooting between 20 and 60 miles... and your flight time is three minutes (see Paris Gun)... ok. There are some calculations that may come into play. I have some old artillery charts that probably apply. If you happen to be in a battleship-gun naval engagement off the Falklands in WW1 (there is a well-known example).

But Wreckedtibia or Stegosarusfeckless or whatever his name is really should stop trying to sound all mathematical.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Sihr, that reminds me of a local match a year or so ago, where they put out tennis balls and full shaving cream cans hanging at 300 meters as a final shot in a upstairs/downstairs stage. You could hit one of those for bonus points on the stage after all kinds of other shennanigans and positions before that. Well, early shooters seemed intimidated and all just took that shot like an afterthought. It wasn't until I nailed one with 5 seconds on the clock, followed by my shooting partner doing the same thing, that people started hitting them at all. We practice with smaller targets than that at 300 meters so it was essentially a chip shot.

Sometimes the mental aspect of the game can defeat you before you engage. I even experience it myself when I get too involved in the details of a shot vs. just see target, sight and fire. I find that all the way out to 1000 yards or so, I'm better off focusing on the shot and trigger pull than any other nonsense that might enter my pea brain in the seconds between shots.

@ Mister Lowlight

So...I read the paper you referenced, the one from Mr. Boatwright and Mr. Ruiz. It is located here: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...ing-yaw-of-repose-spin-drift-a-novel-approach

You wanna know what the difference between thiers and Litz's calculations was on a 175 grain SMK type bullet (which is the one I referenced in post #126) from a 308 win at 1000 yds was? It was 0.5 inches. Both methods calculate approximately 1 MOA (or 0.3 mil), give or take an inch, at 1000yds.

So that's what you've been busting balls about.... 0.5 fucking inches.

And to answer your assertion that I listen to the youtube guy....What I know about longrange shooting, rightly or wrongly in your "expert" opinion, was learned from doing it for the last 20 yrs, long before youtube existed.

What pisses you off about this guy isn't what he gets wrong, it's how much he gets right and puts out there for free. All you are doing is going to ridiculous extremes to protect your brand, and looking more and more foolish as it goes further on.

dude......all he puts out there for free is literally googleable in about 10 minutes.........hes really not put out anything new or groundbreaking..........just because he wraps 10 minutes of info in 4000hr packages doesnt mean hes putting a lot out there.

and whats worse, is hes duping people into paying outrageous sums of money to listen to his freely accessable info.

i really doubt LL is losing customers to TbonersaurusRex.......because anyone who knows a damn isnt paying this youtube clown for info.

Spin D up in this motherfucker.

ETA - Tibo is the NutNFancy of shooting instruction. Sure 80% of what he says is right, but he basically spends 30 minutes on concepts I could walk you though in 2-3 minutes. And he does this for everything.

Last edited:
A few years ago, my PD partner and I went to an 'egg shoot' at a local range. Good training. Targets were 5 eggs at 200 yards.

In reality... a chip shot.

These guys had benchrest rifles, dialed in with hand-wheels and clamps and shot each round lovingly after, I think, caressing it with an ermine skin.

My partner and I shot off bipods, lying on the concrete pad. Using a sock bag under the rear stock. We each cleaned the eggs out in 5 shots in about 40 seconds total. Which was, in reality, slow fire. I mean... an egg at 200???

The 'bench guys' were just speechless. They were spending 2 minutes lining up one shot. And not all even hit the egg... at 200 yards, mind you.

Now if we changed to 1000 or some long distance, they'd have eaten our lunch, I am sure. Well, probably. But, seriously, some of these technicalities are just silly for precision rifle shooting.

Of course, you want to get into artillery... and, yes, when you are shooting between 20 and 60 miles... and your flight time is three minutes (see Paris Gun)... ok. There are some calculations that may come into play. I have some old artillery charts that probably apply. If you happen to be in a battleship-gun naval engagement off the Falklands in WW1 (there is a well-known example).

But Wreckedtibia or Stegosarusfeckless or whatever his name is really should stop trying to sound all mathematical.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Fkn BR comps ... grrr . I have been banned from the local 500 BR score / group
comp for using an Atlas and TAB rear bag instead of a ghey lathe like br appliance .
This is after winning every monthly comp this year , against a few national and
World br and f class champions ... Standard thing I hear is ' can anyone tell me
where my bullets are going ? ' ( during the sight in period ) Puke .

Tibergooberrexs vids are good infotainment for the uninitiated ; if they hook more
guys into our game I'm good with that . There are many folks on here with vastly
superior knowledge and skills , but they dont give it away for free on the net ....

I have all the business I need and frankly, I turn a lot of it down, I do as much as keeps me interested. I have no need to bore myself.

I just find it comical the defense of this information.

As for the SD it's not .5" if you look the measured number is 6" vs 12" it's 1/2. I spoke to Gus about the numbers and they ran the 175s too slow, which put them in transonic sooner hence the similar numbers. The current SD information being used was to give you that 1 MOA was transferred from a 173gr special ball going 2500fps, which gave them 1 MOA at 1k... since when are we shooting that anymore. Most guys with an average 308 and not a super short one are running it way over 2650fps, some closer to 2750fps which is a bit difference in speed and speed matters. But the recorded data says 6" and most of the other useable data is not listed. Look at the Hornady data, it's at least 200 to 500 beyond 1000 yards in order to reach 1 MOA

If he is such a nothing burger, then why does it incite such fury to acknowledge someones interest and effort? This will be post #148 on this nothing topic. If I was him, I'd be laughing my ass off reading all this shit.

As I said in post #120, I wouldn't pay to learn anything from the guy, but neither do I feel it necessary to attack him.

.....because were posting in a thread that was looking for feedback on his videos....

im giving my opinion, which was asked for........i dont give a fuck about this guy otherwise.

but just becauar hes posting videos for free doesnt mean im going to hop all pver his dick for it.......A LOT of other people put out free videos with much better content.

What is also telling in all this, is, Paul McCoy is "Rex's" Host for the seminars and Paul was part of the PRS match in CO last weekend.

No Rex shooting it ... if my buddy / partner was hosting a match, especially a match that should have been in his wheelhouse you'd think he'd show up.

I shot a match with a junior and instructed 93 shooters since June... (also shot the local match at Pawnee inbetween traveling to the classes. ) I still show up at matches to compete, aside from hosting my own and teaching classes. In other words, I not only shoot in front of students, and on camera, I show at competitions.

As I noted somewhere else, I had a student this past Monday/Tuesday, who needed .5 Mils of SD right off the bat because he canted the rifle so much. 3 Shooters, 3 different holds for the same conditions, there is clue there.

OH and Skookum or whatever the fuck your name is, Hornady 4DOF, 208 bullet, 1400 yards for 1 MOA and that is at sea level

Screenshot 2017-08-10 10.21.35.png

Doppler tested too ... any value in the 4DOF calculator was shot over their radar

Olympic Arms used to make some left-twist barrels for AR's, and they shoot very well. OlyArms is out of business as of about February, unfortunately.

Yes Tiborasaurusrex is legit. The proof is overwhelming on his Youtube channel, his sponsors & affiliates, not to mention the team of world class shooters he's assembled from around the world.
Believe your eyes & the math on this one

Nice website...NOT

I watched a few of his YouTube videos on topics I understood well. Each video could be done in 20% of the time. I guess if you know little; you may learn something. Provided you can wade through the fluff

Yes Tiborasaurusrex is legit. The proof is overwhelming on his Youtube channel, his sponsors & affiliates, not to mention the team of world class shooters he's assembled from around the world.

It appears you are in CO, anytime you want a real education let me know, we can hit my private range and you can compare, what you see and hear vs what is actually being taught today vs read out of a book well past its prime.

Note to self...next time traveling to CO for work start pissing contest with LL get invite to shoot private range lol.

Seriously regardless who is right or wrong you should take him up on that offer. plates every 100yds out to a mile, sounds like fun.

Reactions: Smith1175

edited videos on youtube are not proof of shit....you know this right?

the man has no pedigree other than a youtube channel.....not really the most confidence inspiring resume.

tell him to shoot some matches, then maybe any of us who actually know how to shoot will actually give a shit about anything he has to say.

i really dont know why he has the following he does......he has no information on his page of any real value.......his entire sniper 101 series can be summed up in more or less 1 average length forum post.

and who are these "world class shooters" hes assembling?.....james yeager?

Last edited:
It pisses me off when I am watching snipershide videos on you tube, and takes me to rex reviews.

Last edited:
I'm not impressed with Rex. I literally read the same shot he did when I was in high school and college.

I figured this crap out too. I didn't record myself reading it aloud and splice it with video. Guess I missed my shot.

Rex doesn't have any background, he's just a DIY guy. In reality, he shouldn't have this following he's accumulated. I guess the new generations want to be spoon fed info via video rather than reading, going in the field and trying it, or much less taking a class.

I'd like to see Rex actually prove himself in things like competition.

Frankly, videos are too long and boring and the information is old. It's nothing special but guys are impressed by that which they do not understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk