• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR15 Geissele Trigger vs. CLE

minsane

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2009
Hi Guys:

I tried the search engine, but could not find an answer. I am currently deciding between a Geissele match trigger or the match trigger offered by Compass Lake. Does anyone have experience with both of these triggers? Which one is better? I will be shooting alot of benchrest, but also offhand as well.

Thank you!
grin.gif

Re: AR15 Geissele Trigger vs. CLE

No experience with the Compass Lake, but the Geissele is fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.

Frank White from CLE uses Bushmaster 2-stage as base for his trigger.

I have KAC 2-stage and they are super.

I have an old CLE (from back in Frank's teaching days
smile.gif
) a tuned KAC and a Geissle. In my honest opinion the Geissle has them all beat by a long shot then the Frank White product, BUT my CLE trigger is OLD and I am sure Frank has improved upon his design.

Pat

I have 3 Geissle's, 2 old Armalite's and a bunch of RRA 2 stages.

The Geissle's are the only ones I would trust on a SHTF gun, I have spare stock triggers for all the others. I have thousands of rounds downrange and a hard Pat Rogers class on my first one.

The other brands are fine for play guns, but expect problems eventually, it may be 500 rounds or 5000. But they are on my AR22, AR pistol, etc. not guns I would ever grab if I had to bet my life on.

You can reliably adjust the 2nd stage on a Geissle down to 8-10 ounces or so, with a 1.5 lb first stage.

Don't have any experience with CLE.

HB