• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Banish 30 and magnum barrel length

Hecouldgoalltheway

Your mom's favorite shit poster
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 11, 2009
    West TN
    Hey fellas, I've got two banish 30's waiting on the folks in West Virginia to wrap up all their summer cousin marrying activities and approve my stamps. They went in March 31, so.... maybe I'll get them this year. Anyways, I cannot find any info on min barrel length for a magnum cartridge. I just stumbled into a deal on a new 28 nosler, and I'm thinking I can hack that barrel down to a reasonable length and life will be good, but I don't want to pull the trigger and make a thousand dollar mistake. Are any of you running a 20" magnum with a banish 30? A 22" maybe?

Reactions: 338dude
    Is this what you are looking for?

"The BANISH 30 is rated up to .300 WBY MAG with a 24” barrel
    and is limited full auto rated. It is not recommended to use
    on barrels shorter than 16” as it may create more wear on the
    first blast baffle."

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
    I read that, but it doesn't seem to be inline with how other full auto full titanium suppressors are rated. I'm certain that it will handle 300wby at 24". I believe that is an insanely safe benchmark. I'm sure there are folks on here who are shooting them with short barreled magnums.

So you ask about 20 or 22" barrels and read that "It is not recommended to use
    on barrels shorter than 16” as it may create more wear on the
    first blast baffle."" but you don't trust what you read?

So yeah, maybe I understand it better than you.

To say that it is OK to shoot a 24" 300 wby and then say that it is not recommended with barrels less than 16" without giving that a cartridge reference is about like saying nothing at all.

I could shoot a .300 blk sub from an 8" barrel and the 300wby from the 24" barrel, and the baffles will wear faster with the weatherby.

I'm looking for someone with real world experience. There are a hundred thousand of those banish cans in circulation, so undoubtedly people are testing them in the real world.

Maybe call up their CS and ask for clarification? Tbt, there’s been a number of banish shills around the past couple of years and the name doesn’t resonate terribly well on this forum. You’ll not likely get much real world experience from the forum members here.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
    Folks having trouble with them? It's a little late for me at this point, or was it just fanboys?