• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing bear advice

spoon063

Minuteman
Jan 25, 2010
quanticoish
this may be a stupid question... I recently moved to VA, but will be hunting NY this season. I know the general area where there are a handful of common black bears. Since I won't have time to scout, what would be the best way to go about this? I have zero experience hunting bear, and I only have a 1 week trip to get one this season.

thanks in advance guys

Re: bear advice

I DONT KNOW ABOUT NY BUT THIS TIME OF YEAR BEARS HERE ONLY CARE ABOUT FOOD AND GETTING FAT FOR WINTER...SO FIND THE FOOD FIND THE BEARS. CAN YOU BAIT IN NY?

yes i can definately bait them... but it's illegal
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spoon063</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes i can definately bait them... but it's illegal
wink.gif
</div></div>

You wouldn't want to forget your clean camp routine
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spoon063</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what's a honey burn? </div></div>
nevermind, i googled it like anyone with brain cells would do