• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing best muzzle break for 300wm

ctharv117

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2011
Oakland MD
www.rwbinnovations.com
ok guys

working on getting all the stuff ordered for my 300wm build and i want to know whats the best muzzle break for the money?

pics would be great might be machining my own don't know yea

thanks

Re: best muzzle break for 300wm

I'm partial to the Rodale Brake,can be removed for suppressor use and re-indexed no problem.Excellent recoil reduction also.I'll never run a radial Vais type brake again.

Get one from RWS (Ross) here on the hide. I have 6 and love them. 2 on 300rums, 2 on 300wsm, 1 on 300wm and 1 on 338 edge. They look great and work great.

Another vote for the RWS brake. For $40, it's not worth the trouble to make your own unless you have a CNC at your disposal.

223AIRWSbrake.jpg

223aibrake2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aggiesig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">go big or go home!!!

610.jpg

JP tank brake or nothing else! </div></div>

Id rather run brakeless than that ugly pos...

How about the Straight Shot X-Treme. Im trying to get ahold of this Nate guy but he seems to be unavailable on his phone and emails. but his X-treme break looks sharp and has good reviews from what I have seen. I just cant get him to respond. Thats the one I want for my 300win mag.

http://www.straight
brake2.JPG
shotgunsmithing.com/

brake3.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: az_usmc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about the Straight Shot X-Treme. Im trying to get ahold of this Nate guy but he seems to be unavailable on his phone and emails. but his X-treme break looks sharp and has good reviews from what I have seen. I just cant get him to respond. Thats the one I want for my 300win mag.

http://www.straight
brake2.JPG
shotgunsmithing.com/

u let me know if u get a hold of him i like that one alot so ill be in for one if you can get a hold of him

brake3.JPG
</div></div>

will do brother. Im sure he is just swamped. I sent him a few emails already. Im sure he will surface in a few days. Ill get back to you and ill let him know there are two people wanting his muzzle break when I talk to him.

~S