• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

BR4 vs CCI 450 comparison.

Dezelrig

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
Arvada, Colorado
Has anyone here tested the differences between these 2 primers in Alpha OCD brass to see which primer craters easier? How were the SD’s or other differences?

If you have both kinds of primers and a chronograph, how about you test them yourself and tell the rest of us if there is a difference? If you want to know, then there are others that probably would like to know too.

I’ve tested both in 6.5 CM Lapua brass. BR4 was slightly lower ES and SD. If you have equal access to both I would pick BR4. Otherwise take whichever you can find.

Reactions: Dezelrig
As mentioned, the cup thickness is the same. I also think the brisance is identical between them. For the lots I have, i prefer the 450’s, but they're functionally identical.

Reactions: Dezelrig
If you have both kinds of primers and a chronograph, how about you test them yourself and tell the rest of us if there is a difference? If you want to know, then there are others that probably would like to know too.
I have a lead on some BR4’s, but no 450’s.

I saw that the 450’s are slightly taller, but have the same thickness: