• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brought home the 6XC bench rrifle today

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Well....I got to pick up my latest tool for long range bench shooting today. I know most of the folks here are into tactical rifles...and I am too....but just started playing the BR game and this is my first BR rifle.
Brought it home and installed the base and scope. Will be loading up some rounds tonight...hitting the range tomorrow...and then shooting in a 600yrd match Sun.

Here is the shopping list for the rifle:

BAT M action
Kreiger 1.250" barrel in 6XC cal. w/1:7.5 twist
McMillan MBR stock
Jewell trigger at set at 2 oz's
BAT 20 MOA scope base
Night Force 12-42X BR scope
NF rings

Take care,Stan

Re: Brought home the 6XC bench rrifle today

looks good stan, now i think that if you ever decide to get rid of that, get a picture of it and Amber and your resale price goes up say 30%. Post a range report, i bet it shoots pretty damn good

Stan, than thing looks BADASS! Range report, ASAP.

Nice rifle Stan. Tactical rifles are nice but, it's fun to play with something else every now and then. Bet it's a shooter.

Nice rifle Stan. The front rest looks nice. Range report as soon as you can.

Great looking rifle that I bet shoots even better than it looks. Who put it together for you?

Now you did it. You really stepped into a money pit with the BR rifles. Looks good, have fun.

Thanks guys...I had Lester Bruno of Bruno's supply in AZ. build it.
I borrowed a rifle last month and shot in a 1000yrd match with it. I had never shot the rifle till the day of the match...I was able to win all three categories of the match....high score, best target,and best group at 5.5"

This is a copy of that rifle...same parts, same builder...same reamer,etc. SO I am hoping it will shoot like its twin.

Take care,Stan

I thought you said you were poor.
smile.gif

That rifle is SWEET!

Looks good stan....keep us posted on your load work ups.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BgBmBoo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have great taste 7! Specs please.

Take care,Stan </div></div>

Thanks Stan..

Specs:
Phoenix Machine Action w 1pc bolt (the second prototype, GA got the first
grin.gif
)
Broughton F-Class contour 31"
McMillan F-Class Stock
Jewell trigger at 6oz
NF 12-42 BR scope
Chambered in 6x47 Lapua...105's at 3300fps...62gr Varmint grenades at stupid fast speeds

Nice choice on the Ultra-rest Stan. Cant go wrong with a rest designed by Speedy Gonzalez.

Well my buddy and I shot in a 600yrd BR match this last Sunday sharing the rifle. I shot in the first relay and he shot in the 2nd relay.

The rifle is a shooter....I need to do more load development and now I can. I have close to 100rds of fire-formed brass now and just received 9 lbs of H4350.

As for the match...I placed 4th (they placed to 5th place). And my buddy..again shooting my rifle....placed 2nd.
All the groups were around 3".

Overall....it was fun to show up with a rifle that had only been shot once before. Shooting with slapped together loads...I did ZERO case prep....brass from the bag to the press. And end up placing.

I will be shooting in a 1000yrd match a week from this Sat. So I will be working on load development. I am switching over to the 115 DTAC's...I used up most of my 107 SMK's.

I will update as things progress.

Take care,Stan

Stan where are you shooting at? The only 600 yard range I know of is Sac Valley. Im up in your area quite a bit for work and often have a 1/2day to kill so Im always looking for someplace eles to shoot.

Stan that is one sweet looking BR gun and 6XC is hard to beat!

great blueprint on that rifle I have a 6x47 with the same exact component list, they would be twins except mine is green.

Stan: Great looking rifle, but there is something missing from those pics. Can't quite put my finger on it. Hmmmmmmmm!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stan where are you shooting at? The only 600 yard range I know of is Sac Valley. Im up in your area quite a bit for work and often have a 1/2day to kill so Im always looking for someplace eles to shoot. </div></div>

I shoot the 1000yrd and 600yrd matches...as well as some short range matches at the Tehama Shooters range outside of Red Bluff,CA. Website here: http://www.tehamashooters.com/index.htm

There is a list of matches on the site...there is a 1000yrd on the 15th...if your around come on by and join the fun. It is a great range and very laid back group of guys.

Below is some pics of the 600 and 1000 yard range.

Take care,Stan