• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

bullet selection for reloading .300wm

jlaz90

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2013
Ok so I am looking for some advice on loading some rounds. I have alot of Reloader #19 powder and cci #200 large rifle primers and I am looking for a good long range round with that powder primer setup since I already have alot of it. I have shot barnes 168 ttsx for quite some time now but just trying to see what else is out there that people have shot and had success with. I use the rifle for hitting steel and hunting for ranges upto 1150 yards as that is as far as my property allows me to shoot. anyone have any suggestions for a good bullet that will shoot out to that range, but also drop a white tail or a black bear at closer ranges.

If your hunting try Berger 210 hunting VLD, punching paper A-Max 208 are my favorites. I have tried 200g Accubonds, they were pretty good but not as good as the latter.

Ok so I am looking for some advice on loading some rounds. I have alot of Reloader #19 powder and cci #200 large rifle primers and I am looking for a good long range round with that powder primer setup since I already have alot of it. I have shot barnes 168 ttsx for quite some time now but just trying to see what else is out there that people have shot and had success with. I use the rifle for hitting steel and hunting for ranges upto 1150 yards as that is as far as my property allows me to shoot. anyone have any suggestions for a good bullet that will shoot out to that range, but also drop a white tail or a black bear at closer ranges.

I use exculsively 76 gr Hodgdon H1000, Federal Gold Medal Large Rifle Magnum Match #215M Primers, and Hornady 208Gr A-max with RWS Brass. Prints clovers almost always. This is out of a Surgeon Scalpel.

Last edited:
I am going to be buying a buy a sako a7 long range. Rate of twist 1/11 I am thinking Barnes tts tiped or the hornardy sst. What would you guy recommend and why?

I am going to be buying a buy a sako a7 long range. Rate of twist 1/11 I am thinking Barnes tts tiped or the hornardy sst. What would you guy recommend and why?

A 200 grain Berger behind h1000.... Why? Because Barnes and ssts are not exactly what id call Long Range bullets, however Barnes being better than the SSTs. Also your 1:11 twist will stabilize it just fine and its a very capable Long range bullet. 1,000 yards should be no problem. Maybe even the 215 hybrid. IF YOU CAN FIND IT!!