• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 Mildot

Davo308

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2019
I owned one of these in the early 2000's and really liked it on a few milsurp rifles I own.

It was light weight, compact, had a good eyebox, and tracked well.

Apparently the scope line changed several times (Bausch and Lomb), and there were Mil and MOA versions made.

Was there a version that had notably better glass or mechanical operation?

Are there competitors these days under 500 or so?

Where would be a good source to find these? I checked sample list and only found 1 on amazon.

It will live on a K31 Swiss rifle with clamp on mount, for punching paper at 100 yards, and for steel out to 800+ yards.

They are often on here in the PX for sale or Ebay. I don't like it for 100 yd paper. But steel out to 500 it works
Great. Another excellent (smallish) 1" scope is the weaver tactical 3-10x40, much better at 100 yd paper and steel to 500-1000.

Reactions: Davo308
They are often on here in the PX for sale or Ebay. I don't like it for 100 yd paper. But steel out to 500 it works
Great. Another excellent (smallish) 1" scope is the weaver tactical 3-10x40, much better at 100 yd paper and steel to 500-1000.

Thanks I will look into the weaver. Why do you prefer it for paper?

I am just a rookie at this glass thing but the weaver has some (to me) nice glass. Not
That the bushnell doesn't but to my eyes the weaver is better. I like it better for
Shooting groups on paper at 100. By no means am I talking down the bushnell
Usually I see them used around $150 at that price you can't go wrong.

I have a Weaver 3-10. Yes, the glass is very good for the price. You can easily aim at a 1 inch dot at 100 yards on 10 power.
Its a solid scope built in Japan., and
its mil/mil. For the $190 I spent for it on Natchez, it is a great deal.

You should also take a hard look at the SWFA 10x optics as well.

They seem to be more of the standard for a fixed 10x in that price range.

Reactions: MonkTx and Davo308
You should also take a hard look at the SWFA 10x optics as well.

They seem to be more of the standard for a fixed 10x in that price range.

I considered it but the K31 scope mount works best with a 1 inch tube.

I liked the bushnell elite because it was compact enough to stay low over the bore, and clears ejected brass without striking the scope. The weaver tactical has about the same dimensions.

Also allows you to feed via stripper clips and use the iron sights.