• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chick-fil-a is garbage. Change my mind.

I appreciate the cleanliness of their restaurants near me. The people who work there are always kind. Their food is meh.

Reactions: TACC and Bender
I will say this... Chick-Fil-a makes sure that the pickles on their sandwiches never touch each other.

Just like God intended.

I’ll stick with Hooters. I like the owl theme.

Cheers, Sirhr
You either haven't been in a hooters in 15 yrs or the hooters up there are a lot better than around here.

The German better hope there is no Chicken Mafia? :)

Yawning.gif

Must be a slow couple of days on the interwebs...

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
Since getting out of the Navy I have a huge aversion to standing and/or sitting in line for anything , especially chow. My gf is a chick-fil-a fangirl and she pestered me to eat there. Was a total waste of time....money...gasoline used sitting in a 10 car line.
Insult to injury , everything she ordered was bland and reeked of processed ingredients. My first and last time there😩

The CFA in Clackamas is always packed out blocking traffic. I never go there but once I tried and the line was lightning fast. I don’t wait in line for stuff so I avoid it.

The CFA in Beaverton almost never has more than a car or two in the line. I stop in there for a spicy chicken sammich if I’m in the area.

Popeyes Spicy chicken sandwich is better in every way and there is never a wait at any of the few locations in the area.

• Love
Reactions: Asiparks
The CFA in Clackamas is always packed out blocking traffic. I never go there but once I tried and the line was lightning fast. I don’t wait in line for stuff so I avoid it.

The CFA in Beaverton almost never has more than a car or two in the line. I stop in there for a spicy chicken sammich if I’m in the area.

Popeyes Spicy chicken sandwich is better in every way and there is never a wait at any of the few locations in the area.

You would think the traffic would be just the opposite.

Chick-fil-A. Here’s why.
Experts cite careful growth, strong customer service and an embrace of new technologies for the chicken chain’s surge
In 2015, employees prepare sandwiches for guests during an event ahead of the grand opening for a Chick-fil-A restaurant in New York.

In 2015, employees prepare sandwiches for guests during an event ahead of the grand opening for a Chick-fil-A restaurant in New York. (Michael Nagle/Bloomberg)
By
Laura Reiley
June 19, 2019 at 6:00 a.m. CDT
Through the diligent efforts of those billboard cows with their poor penmanship and dubious spelling skills, Chick-fil-A has moved up the ranks from the seventh-largest restaurant chain in the United States to become the third.

The chicken sandwich giant blew past Wendy’s, Burger King, Taco Bell and Subway on its ascent, with $10.46 billion in American store sales, according to Nation’s Restaurant News’ latest countdown. Up 17 percent for the year, Chick-fil-A stands behind only McDonald’s ($38.52 billion in American sales) and Starbucks ($20.49 billion).
Average sales for a Chick-fil-A location brought in $4.6 million in 2018, up from $4.2 million in 2017 — more than three times that of major chicken competitor KFC.
Texas Republicans pass a ‘Chick-fil-A’ bill. LGBT advocates are up in arms.
David Portalatin, food industry expert for Chicago-based market research NPD Group, said Chick-fil-A’s ascent is more noticeable because everyone else is treading water.
AD

“The industry as a whole is very flat,” he says. “It’s all about demographics, where our population is shifting, from a life-stage perspective. Where total restaurant traffic increased less than 1 percent, Chick-fil-A saw double-digit growth.”
Aging boomers are eating out less often, and while millennials rely on restaurants more than any other group (240 restaurant meals per capita per year, compared with 185 in the general population), they are still eating out less than Generation X did at their age.
The company is not without challenges, from its faith-based decision to remain closed on Sundays (making things problematic for locations in airports and sports stadiums) to its management’s statements in opposition to same-sex marriage, which prompted boycotts and “kiss ins” organized by GLAAD. But there are reasons the American Customer Satisfaction Index has rated it the No. 1 company for the past four years.
Texas Republicans pass a ‘Chick-fil-A’ bill. LGBT advocates are up in arms.
First, for each of the nearly 100 new franchises opened each year since 2003, the parking lot fills up with tents and there’s a sanctioned overnight “First 100 Campout” that rewards the first 100 customers through the door the next morning with Chick-fil-A for a year (technically, you get a card loaded with 52 No. 1 meals, which is a chicken sandwich, medium waffle fries and a medium beverage).
AD

And second, those waffle fries. The No. 1 ordered item on the short menu, these skin-on spuds are from Washington state, a medium order ringing in at 360 calories. Fried in canola oil, their distinctive shape have set it apart from other fast-food restaurants since the chain debuted in 1967.
Portalatin says that industry experts agree that the biggest distinguishing feature for Chick-fil-A is the customer experience.
“The level of customer satisfaction is highly differentiated from many of their fast-food peers.”
Chick-fil-A’s customer service is legendary, prompting rafts of memes enumerating real and imagined over-the-top polite employee interactions.

Global restaurant consultant Aaron Allen says some of this is about the speed of the drive-through and a culture of saying “please” and “thank you.” Some of the positive customer-service experience can be linked to an embrace of technology. In 2016, the chain debuted what it called Mom’s Valet (which let parents order at the drive-through, then go inside where a Chick-fil-A employee would have a table ready). More recently, the company launched a successful app, and it is routine for employees to walk the drive-through line taking tablet orders to expedite.
I tried the Impossible Whopper. Here’s what I thought.
Allen says he thinks that some of the brand’s success is about how it has grown:
AD

“There are a couple of paths to growth. You can cherry-pick markets like Shake Shack. Or you can grow in concentric circles like Chick-fil-A. Then you’re gaining economies of scale in terms of market share saturation, and your supply chain can grow with you.”

While he thinks the company has grown at a sustainable, measured pace, Allen sees substantial prospects in Chick-fil-A’s future. The company opened its first New York City restaurant in 2015 and has rapidly expanded there. Plus, international markets have been eager to acquire the brand.
“Half of all meals are now eaten in restaurants, half of those as fast food, and half of those are just 10 companies. Chick-fil-A is now one of them,” Allen says.

Reactions: deersniper
Individual CFA restaurants earn more than McDonald's...spotting them 52 days each year. CFA requirements to own a franchise are pretty strict. McDonald's requires you to have lots of cash.

Chick fil A

Hey, possum is good eating so long as it has not been in the garbage. I take offence at it being compared to fast food, how do I boycott you?
:LOL: You eat possum?!? I had one that I found as a baby (Momma died I guess). I carried around in my hair (I was a weird kid and grandma FREAKED when she saw "THAT RAT!" all nestled up) and bottle feed it until it healthy and turned it loose. Back then we left the doors open at and every once in a while I would hear this "Keek, keek, keek" sound under my bed and there it was. They are pretty damn smart. Now that I live in AR I give them a pass just cuz they eat so many ticks!

Reactions: Marbles
How many people ever got shot fighting over a Chick -Fil- A sandwich?
Exactly.
Popeyes' Spicy chicken or GTFO.

I had to Mad Max my way out of the Target car park the weekend the Beaverton CFA opened.

How many people ever got shot fighting over a Chick -Fil- A sandwich?
Exactly.
Popeyes' Spicy chicken or GTFO.

I had to Mad Max my way out of the Target car park the weekend the Beaverton CFA opened.
I'm sure more folks get shot over malt liquor than Pinot noir, but that doesn't make Pinot noir less desirable.

Reactions: nikonNUT
All fast food, and most restaurant food is just fucking awful in general; but Chick Fil A is just fucking garbage.
Pollo Loco rocks, so does 5 Guys.

Only fast food more over hyped than Chick-Fil-A, is In-n-Out Burger.

At the end of the day, loving chicken is kinda on the cusp of being vegetarian, so whatever, stop lifting too....I'll stick to beef burgers, steak, chops....

Best “fast food”‘ I’ve had is La Granja down in S FL. It’s surprisingly decent for what you get.

I used to travel a shitload so I really understand about the "local" thing.
Chick-fil-a is good quality food in the deep south.
Don't try it in New Mexico, or west of there.....they don't understand fried chicken in the west.
Pickles on a chicken sandwich ? wtf, I did not order tuna salad......or, if I'm in the west, did I ?

Tacos and burritos are fantastic in southern california, don't try them in Iowa or the surrounding states, something is missing in translation.

If you can't see the ocean from where you are, the seafood is going to suck.....I don't need to hear "but it's flown in daily".
Do you somehow think seafood walks onto the plane and then steps off ? Nope, add at least 2 days to that trip and that means not fresh.

Bar-B-Que...
Texas for brisket and (beef) ribs
Arkansas, Tennessee, for pulled pork and pork ribs (they actually know what Ozark Hickory is).
Carolina, Georgia, for whole hog and vinegar based sauce.
Haven't seen anything in KC that is top notch ..... YMMV.

So, if you went to Chick-fil-a in say Oregon, or expected good seafood in Ohio....
It's your fucking fault.

I used to travel a shitload so I really understand about the "local" thing.
Chick-fil-a is good quality food in the deep south.
Don't try it in New Mexico, or west of there.....they don't understand fried chicken in the west.
Pickles on a chicken sandwich ? wtf, I did not order tuna salad......or, if I'm in the west, did I ?

Tacos and burritos are fantastic in southern california, don't try them in Iowa or the surrounding states, something is missing in translation.

If you can't see the ocean from where you are, the seafood is going to suck.....I don't need to hear "but it's flown in daily".
Do you somehow think seafood walks onto the plane and then steps off ? Nope, add at least 2 days to that trip and that means not fresh.

Bar-B-Que...
Texas for brisket and (beef) ribs
Arkansas, Tennessee, for pulled pork and pork ribs (they actually know what Ozark Hickory is).
Carolina, Georgia, for whole hog and vinegar based sauce.
Haven't seen anything in KC that is top notch ..... YMMV.

So, if you went to Chick-fil-a in say Oregon, or expected good seafood in Ohio....
It's your fucking fault.

Bro?!?!

You’d be surprised.
I’ve got some spots in Ohio for Sushi.
I’ve had absolute dogshit sushi & seafood on the gulf coast within the last month.

It honestly doesn’t matter where you are, just costs more depending on location

And I'm not even going to bring their faggot cuck of a bitch ass CEO who I would simply walk by, punch in the dick, and keep walking, if I ever saw.

All fast food, and most restaurant food is just fucking awful in general; but Chick Fil A is just fucking garbage.

That chicken sandwich, their flagship thing, is horrible. The outside is like its heavily panko breaded and hard (and either cold, or 1670 degrees) yet the meat inside is always a total different temperature as well as a completely different texture. It's like biting into a fucking jelly filled gobstopper that is then abrasive on your tongue and mouth as you fucking eat it. It's also always a weird fucking lumpy shape and you can feel the pasted together chicken meat trying to come apart in sections while attempting to eat this thing; I'm under the impression the weird 'hard' coating to it isn't there for flavor/texture/whatever, but instead to encapsulate the gross solid meat paste art project inside that also has a chance of greeting you with water when you bite into it and I can only guess has about the same texture as swallowing horse jizz. I wouldn't know, but we can definetly get a confirmation of this once we ask @Bigfatcock.

To top that off, the fucking space blanket wrapper they put it in not only doesn't fucking do anything because the free slave labor white mormon kids who work there for free on their Mission don't ever actually fucking close it, but it still manages to trap juuuuuuuussst enough of the heat from overcooking the shit out of the 'breaded' meat paste patty in it to ensure that the pathetically boring bun they put on this thing is completely fucking damp, soggy and looks like someone stepped on it on purpose. Yum.

You're gross chicken sandwich. Go home. I'm not even going to even mention your poor attempt at fries because I don't think Frank has enough bandwith for me to outline just how fucking ashamed of yourselves you need to be.

Everything else on the menu is some other rendition of this shitty sandwich or some pathetically anorexic chicken tenders that lack anything resembeling flavor that there should be an actual law passed that you are required to receive 2 dipping sauces per chicken tender.

Fuck, even their dipping sauces are fucking lame. How do you fuck up what BBQ sauce tastes like? How is this fucking even possible? I mean, their entire sauce selection line up is about as exciting as Mitt Romney's senior class pictures, but holy fuck people.

Finally, have you ever been to a Chick fil a and didn't have to wait like you were at the fucking DMV? The lines you see coming out of the drive thrus aren't due to popular demand as people would think, no, its from people still waiting for breakfast at fucking lunch time.

Oh, and that sandwich/'fries'/drink meal is like 1300 calories or some shit, you bunch of fucking fatasses.

Fight me.

View attachment 7494756
Anyone that understands food knew this MANY years ago...great that you have caught on....:ROFLMAO:

WTF did you expect? It is fucking chicken! Nasty ass, slimey, cow shit pecking chicken. If it ain't mom's or grandma's, then it is garbage. Can't believe how stupid we have become to even be discussing this. You should all be ashamed. In fact.......go turn your man cards back! You all probably wear skinny jeans, have man buns and drink coffee with cream. Pussies!

I’ve been in SoCal my whole life. I’ll hit the local “bertos” (Jil, Hil) before Del Taco. Always wise to have a trailered porta potty when eating Del Taco. At least for me.

I’ve been in SoCal my whole life. I’ll hit the local “bertos” (Jil, Hil) before Del Taco. Always wise to have a trailered porta potty when eating Del Taco. At least for me.
Hit the non chain del tacos.
Used to be one on euclid and orange, another over on st. college just south of ball (possibly north, I'm dragging shit out of a addled memory here) if I remember right.
Been quite a few years so shit might have changed.
If you want killer Mex food hit Costa Mesa area, El Toro Bravo and that Birria place just west of there.

And if you want something that Mommy couldn't make on her best day...Zankou Chicken.
It fucking rocks beyond belief.

Reactions: Familydude
Don’t fuck with the chicken minis
Chicken samich… blah blah blah
Horse jizz blah blah blah
Chicken stuff… blah blah blah
Reasons.

Chick-fil-a is one of the only places that won't ruin the food with mayo.

Can't recall the last time I ate at a restaurant that sent employees to the docks to pick up shrimp. 1985? And I've lived on the coast or an island for 62 of 65 years. About 90 percent of shrimp is farm raised...mostly in east Asia...a lot of it in China.

• Sad
Reactions: BytorJr