• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(CLOSED) **ROUND3 !!** (100YARD+) , Bolt-Action, 6group, 30round SHOOTOUT!

Name: Wildwillalaska
Rifle: GAP 308Win
Average: .619 MOA
Best: .332 MOA
Worst: .863 MOA

fadf0p.jpg

Actually this is a Rem722, with a 700 bolt, custom built with a douglas barrel and glass bedded. It certain shoots better than me...lol. I was hitting 12" steel today at 600yds...that was fun. Going to get out and try this again tomorrow... I know I can do better.. Thanks for getting the results up so fast MoBoost!
Sorry, I assumed - Is that a 722 action?

Been lurking here for a couple years soaking up knowledge and this my first post :)

Box stock 700PSS in .308. Black Hills 168SMK Match.
https://flic.kr/p/nvUbzK[/

[IMG]https://www.flickr.com/photos/10363130@N02/14098678692/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Been lurking here for about a year and this is my first post. :)

Box stock 700pss with 168 Black Hills SMK Match.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachment of target looks squashed. Not sure why. Let me know if I need to upload again. Thanks!

1zv8x0m.jpg
[/IMG]
157lx8h.jpg
[/IMG]
Mo, same rifle as first entry just better target! Thanks
(Jeez sorry bout the target picture don't know what I did there)

Mo, thanks for compliment! Also love the 100 challenge, it's extra motivation to go shoot and gives me goals to try to knock off those top shooters. It was a great idea to give the challenge a time limit that's reasonable and not just the first 20 entries. The on target measuring program was a must. There is a lot of good shooting going on here! Sorry to ramble.
52 smk/ 1.904 jive/ 26.5 varget / fed 205 gm/ lapua brass with a .001-.002 bump
Forgot to mention this barrel has a crooked chamber! It's f"Ed up I know!

Shot this target at the farm today. 100 yds from bipod and rear bag. Rifle is Rem 700 w Bartlein barrel chambered in 223 sitting in a Manner T6A with mini chassis. Rifle was put together by Keith Kilby at Wyoming Armory. I'm shooting 80 gr SMK with 24.5 gr of Varget.

028319AF-6BA1-47A3-B8C2-104093420BC7_zpsfhaa80wa.jpg

F4160646-3515-435D-B813-D811FF00CF45_zps7vrbq9n6.jpg

Already entered this comp once and had a blast shooting. Wish I had a second rifle to enter again!

-BTO-

Shot this today with my Factory Remington 700 SPS Varmint 243 win. 80 gr bergers.

Attachments

• 243target.JPG
    243target.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 24
  • rem.JPG
    rem.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
This target should agg in the .2's or close to it, missed the wind readings on my 3rd group. Load was Hollister 66 fb with 29 gr. of N133 6 PPC.

Attachments

• may07.jpg
    may07.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 16
Ljutic, very awsome shooting! Have a few questions
1. In your opinion what caused the poi difference from group one to two?
2. You said it was a wind call prob on group 3, with that being said what was the wind like and wouldn't it have to be terrible to shove a bullet traveling say 3000fps ish over what looks like a .250 or more from the group at 100 yds?
Thanks lazer

Ljutic, very awsome shooting! Have a few questions
1. In your opinion what caused the poi difference from group one to two?
2. You said it was a wind call prob on group 3, with that being said what was the wind like and wouldn't it have to be terrible to shove a bullet traveling say 3000fps ish over what looks like a .250 or more from the group at 100 yds?
Thanks lazer

Lazer, I changed barrels a Lilja to a Shilen the other day and I had to adjust my scope with another target to the left of the one I shot. After shooting target 1 I readjusted the scope 5 clicks down and 2 clicks left. Target 3 was shot into a head wind and also blowing to the east at this range. 70% of the 100 yard distance at this range has arborvitae trees planted in a column to cut the noise down on the side. Beyond the trees we have a wind flag that was showing a headwind, but there was also a cross wind coming through trees I did not see. (1 bullet to the left, the other 2 holes have 2 bullets in each on target 3) Wind was 7-10 mph at times, speed of those bullets are 3,200+

Ljutic SS: Nice job man, I'm glad that was a high-res picture - those low 1s are tricky to pinpoint. #3 sure did a number on you - but still got you into 2s ;)

P.S. My 6PPC should be here soon .... can't wait!

I just finished up a new build and this would be a good excuse to get some extra rounds down the barrel. Will be shooting shelf ammo, so likely no threat to most here. I will try to get out this weekend. Should be fun.

Ljutic SS: Nice job man, I'm glad that was a high-res picture - those low 1s are tricky to pinpoint. #3 sure did a number on you - but still got you into 2s ;)

P.S. My 6PPC should be here soon .... can't wait!

I don't know what your throat angle is, mine is 1.5 deg. and a 8 ogive bullet will touch the lands at 2.156 oal. I load mine 2.161 (.005 into the lands) .262 neck and I run .0015 neck clearance. Are you fire forming 220 Russian cases? Get yourself a nut cracker neck sizer/de-primer die like this and you can load at the range with a Wilson bullet seater die. Tomorrow morning I will be fire forming some Lapua 260 Rem. brass into 260 Ai brass and I may post 1 more 6 target group with the 260 Ai.

Attachments

• nut cracker.jpg
    nut cracker.jpg
    836.3 KB · Views: 19
I am using Norma brass and Forester traditional dies. The barrel is getting chamber cut off and rechambered with new reamer.
I've never seen nutcracker die - I'd have to look into that.

There is a Redding .259 bushing in that die and what the tool does is deprime and resize the neck for loading again. It does not full length or bump the shoulder back, as I can easily get 1/2 dozen loading before I get a bolt click and then it's time to bump the shoulder back .001

I just finished up a new build and this would be a good excuse to get some extra rounds down the barrel. Will be shooting shelf ammo, so likely no threat to most here. I will try to get out this weekend. Should be fun.

It's on like a chicken bon' in the mon'.....

May look like shotgun scatter, but it'll be fun stickin' 'em out dere.

It ain't much to look at, but here it is....

Hard time settling on most sets. A couple of decent groups. I'm pleased for factory ammo.

It was fun all the same. May have to try again before the end of the month.

Stiller SA308 / Bartlien .300 5R - 1:11.25
175 gr. Federal Sierra Match
5/10/2014 - 100 yards

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    848.6 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    870.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Date: 5/3/2014
Distance: 100 yards
Rifle: FN Mauser 98, 308 Winchester, 26" Shilen barrel
Best: .5443 MOA
Worst: 1.1125 MOA
Average: .8189 MOA

It was an exercise in wind management today.
XP-100 6BRX Brux 28" HV barrel.80g Berger FBHP,RE-15,CCI 450.

DSCF3391_zps97f0472a.jpg

DSCF3394_zpsdcb82271.jpg

Last edited:
Elite_KG: write your name, caliber and distance on your target (or piece of paper and place it on the DirtyBird target), also please post picture of the rifle as shot.

I will get the rest measured and on the leaderboard later today (bit busy with Church and Mother's day)

Remington 700 AAC-SD
Timney trigger
Harris bipod
Swfa 3-15 x 42
100 yards

yba9ybeq.jpg

begu4uhe.jpg

Had fun doing this. Thanks for setting it all up and administrating.

Well another beautiful but blustery day on the range--love our home in Alaska, but being right on the coast, not a calm day to be found after early morning hours.

Today had a headwind of 8-15 mph moving back forth from 10 to 2 o'clock.

308 Hospitaller

260 Hospitaller

Not sure what all I did on that third group. Had a problem this morning trying to overload the bipod and pushing down the bench--but that one was all over the place. This is great gun for practice as it's a true one-holer if I do my part--or when I cheat and shoot of a rest.

308 Surgeon Shorty

Total of 90 rounds, 18 separate 5 shot groups.