• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Converting a commercial crosshair Redfield to an M40 accurange Redfield

Congratulations! American ingenuity. I hope some entity with a lawyer doesn't come and crush someone providing a service where no alternative exists.

Sent you a PM last week interested in something fir an M40a1 if you have it.

Congratulations! American ingenuity. I hope some entity with a lawyer doesn't come and crush someone providing a service where no alternative exists.

Yes, I responded. Asked you what you were looking for. I have greenies, but I'm waiting for replacement tombstones to be completed.

Last edited:
Yes, I responded. Asked you what you were looking for. I have greenies, but I'm waiting for my tombstones to be completed.

Yes sir got your response, thank you.

I'll be interested to see what you have available when done.

Guys, just an FYI. I'm not accepting any more scopes for service until Fall 2014
Email me with any questions or concerns.

Just an FYI: Production film images sent. I modified them a bit from the originals (different font).
I sent 3 slightly different sizes, and also removed all border lines I had on the images so it gives me some flexibility to the size I can cut. I also.

If anyone knows a good, clean way to cut film, let me know. I've found that doing a few light passes with an Exacto knife or blade gives you a clean cut instead of trying to make one deep cut that gives a rough edge.

Thanks, Joe

Last edited:
Update: Got my 3 rolls of tombstone film.
Bad news: The idiots produced NEGATIVE images. lol. They're re-doing it right now.
Tombstone ring going to a machinist friend who is going to produce a bunch of them for me.

Oh yeah indeed!
At least it was a pretty quick turn around time.

Oh no I knew you wouldn't have.
I see you've got the M40 bug bad though,M40 + M40a1!

I'm just fixing Redfields product for THEM, not anything else. I'm also pretty sure it's ok to produce replacement parts for something that is no longer made.

Last edited:
Good work on all this. Hey, if you loose your jeans, add it to the cost. Do not under-sale your service. Jeans are not cheap, and I hate anytime I mess up a pair.

I just passed on a Accurange because I had bought a Unertl earlier at the same show. I am still in regret. I have 2 extras already but I should have gotten another. It was gloss, as my other extras, but had intact tombstone.

Hell Toki, tell me where to send them and I'll buy you a pair of Wranglers. I shot my newly minted greeny all last week and it was a dream come true!

The tombstones are a bitch to cut out, so I'm having a custom punch made.
I'm also having rings made as I don't have any.
Mounted some up as prototype, looks good, but wont be an EXACT match with regards to font and shape, but will do the job. I'll post pics when all is said and done.

Please shoot me a price if you have any scops left would look great on my remington m40 remake

i will take either of the scopes that you sent me a pm about just send me your info and will send payment thanks harold

Olive Green 1st Generation done by Tokiwartooth.

tokiredfield1.jpg

Question, I have an accu range on a browning deer rifle. The scope was bought new by my Dad in 72 or 73 I think. is it worth anything?
Depends. If it's a 1st or 2nd generation 3x9 scope, probably a $170 - $250, depending on condition, it's its a wideview or "TV" variety, not so much...

Since the M40 trend started a few years ago, prices have gone thru the rooftop. I've seen of-the-shelf commercial 1st Gen sell for 500$+ on eBay. This is ridiculous. People didnt over bother to look at them before. I've seen them sells for 50$ at gunshows not 5 years ago.

Most of these scopes needs work (40 years old), and seriously, it is far from being top-notch optics if not worked on by a qualified repairman (Toki)... Rugged and reliable yes, but not even clear as a 200$ Bushnell.

I would say it worths as high as somebody is willing to pay for it. If its a keeper that you have on a rifle, Toki is right; market value is somewhere between 100$-250$ depending on the condition.

Joe:

Do you think you can make the yardage indicator, for the Illuminator? It is a round peice of plastic, you glue in the end of the lens assembly, which sits ahead of the crosshairs. I could pull one off a scope, & send it to you, if that would help. This is just a round piece of plastic, with a notch to time it properly. Getting the yardage, & the divider lines printed on it, is the obvious problem.

Thank you,
Bob

Joe:

Do you think you can make the yardage indicator, for the Illuminator? It is a round peice of plastic, you glue in the end of the lens assembly, which sits ahead of the crosshairs. I could pull one off a scope, & send it to you, if that would help. This is just a round piece of plastic, with a notch to time it properly. Getting the yardage, & the divider lines printed on it, is the obvious problem.

Thank you,
Bob

Probably the same way I am making the tombstones. Using a microfilm process. I make a digital image of what needs to be transferred to film. It's a 24:1 reduction ratio, so It's easy to size it correctly. The pain in the ass is cutting it out. I guess if it's round, I could use a hole puncher.

Yardage Indicator, & Cross Hairs

Probably the same way I am making the tombstones. Using a microfilm process. I make a digital image of what needs to be transferred to film. It's a 24:1 reduction ratio, so It's easy to size it correctly. The pain in the ass is cutting it out. I guess if it's round, I could use a hole puncher.

Joe, we would sure buy some from you, if you can make them. Our email address is: [email protected]. If you are interested, email us your info, & I'll pull one of the yardage indicators out of one of our scopes, & mail it to you.

The yardage indicator in the Illuminator, is 100 times easier, than the Tombstone indicator. If you can make the Tombstone indicator, I have no doubt, you can make one for the Illuminator.

Also, it appears you have the technology to re-string cross hairs, & stadia wires. We need 4 sets of them repaired as well.

Thank you,
Bob

Joe:

If you can make them, we would buy some from you.

The yardage indicator for the Illuminator, has got to be 100 time easier, than the Tombstone indicator. If you can make the Tombstone indicator, I have no doubt, you can make the yardage indicator, for the Illuminator.

Also, it appears you have the technology to re-string the cross hairs, & stadia wires. We need at least 4 sets of them as well.

Our email address is: [email protected]. If you are interested, please email us your info, & I'll pull the indicator out of one of our scopes, & mail it to you.

Thank you,
Bob

Joe:

If you can make them, we would buy some from you.

The yardage indicator for the Illuminator, has got to be 100 time easier, than the Tombstone indicator. If you can make the Tombstone indicator, I have no doubt, you can make the yardage indicator, for the Illuminator.

Also, it appears you have the technology to re-string the cross hairs, & stadia wires. We need at least 4 sets of them as well.

Our mail address is: mod70xtr at qwestoffice dot net. If you are interested, please email us your info, & I'll pull the indicator out of one of our scopes, & mail it to you.

Thank you,
Bob