• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Decent range in northern VA?

DieTrying310

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2010
Anchorage, AK
It appears that I'll be moving back to northern VA near the end of this year. I'll be out west of DC, probably in the Reston area. I've been looking around online and having a hard time finding a decent range in the area. I would like to go out to at least 300 yards (which isn't much, but in NoVA it is), and driving an hour to two isn't that big a deal to me. Any recommendations from the 'hide?

Re: Decent range in northern VA?

Check out Quantico Shooting Club. Range 1 goes out to 300 yards, Range 4 out to 1,000 yards. It's hit or miss as to whether or not it's available for what/when you want to shoot, but the folks that run it are nice guys and put on some good F-class, F-T/R, and Palma matches.

I'd be interested in finding a place near the same area. I have a 100 yard range. Like he said finding 300 yards and past is tough in no va.

Quantico, Range 4.
DroidPics033.jpg

I'm in the same boat (Great Falls) - living in Northern VA with limited "local" places to shoot. I was a member a Quantico. Great ranges, low dues, but sometimes a long membership wait. I found I have to travel west to West Virginia to get out to 700 yards (private farm land). If not I'm driving at least an 1 1/2 hours south to other private property areas of friends.

340 Defense Shooting Range looks like a good place to head to.

Northern VA is great for jobs, but not rifle shooting. Welcome back
smile.gif