• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dumb army shit

GhengisAhn175

Last known
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2013
Last known
In my line of work I have to get rid of UXO's and anything else related to rcplosives...

That also includes unopened pristine CANS of smokeless powder...so fucking painful to watch 3# of imr 4064 destroyed by detonation.... Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'ts like seeing crates of new in box suppressors getting sent to DRMO to be chopped up and recycled.... sigh.

After I got wounded I had the choice of going to the wounded warrior battalion, or sitting out the next 6 months until my retirement junk was done, in the arms room. I chose the arms room. You would not believe the things that your are forced to destroy or toss. really, it's ridiculous.

Seen 'em cage and shred SAWs, 240's, M16's, M4's --you name it. It's the one place you can't go at DRMS/DRMO. "Death row".

How 'bout them spendexes? Once blew up damn near a ton of C4, det cord and shock tube all at once (I know I had 40lbs. in my pockets alone, more in a ruck and a spool of det cord from shoulder to waist) and lots of guys carried that down to the shot pit. A whole pallet of shock tube. I swear, we made a mushroom could and shockwave that got my dick hard a mile away and showered me with shit, but watching a giant, wide 10 or 15 foot telephone pole/tree trunk spin in the air for what seemed a full minute: priceless. Those engineers had SO MUCH SHIT that it took help from us, an infantry platoon, to blow it all up. Sure, we practiced breaching, cutting, etc., but after only a few hours it was time to rig the big boy.

Another platoon got tasked with blowing up that year's worth of hand grenades, which I don't think we used at all that year. Yeah, they couldn't feed themselves for three days their arms were so tired. Another platoon shot off millions of dollars worth of Javelins and AT4's, another countless rounds of 40mm through Mk19's, all this in one day, and then we spent a good week shooting off pallet after pallet of rifle, machinegun and 203 ammo.

Fucking bullshit. We could have used that in training but instead we blow it all up in one week just so we can order that much or more next year. Tax dollars at work! And I bet nothing has changed...

I remember having to go bang bang because we did not have blanks and then go to a range and have to shot all day and all night because we had to get rid of it. Makes you wonder