• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Duracoat

2/1_Kiwi

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 6, 2012
New Zealand
My local distributor of duracoat has a liminted range that consists mainly of kits for the DIY camo-paks with templates.I was after magpul FDE. You can buy the individual colours within these kits but im not quite sure which will match the magpul FDE i want when actually applied.

Has anyone here used:
Rhodesian Tan
Woodland Tan
Desert mirage Sand
Desert mirage tan

Are all the tans the same? Ive seen that the magpul fde colour doesnt actually match magpul furniture also, any opinions on this?

Re: Duracoat

Your peepers may be the only way to determine. Unfortunately, every lens and monitor are different and capture color differently and it can also vary a couple shades depending how it was applied as well as the naked eye and how/what it perceives.

I would keep some black and white Duracoat on hand if you can. You can darken or lighten just about any color pretty easily. I ordered some "Marsh" a little while back and it was much yellower in the bottle than I had anticipated so I added a couple capfulls of black until I got the shade I wanted.

Some guys might have input on the colors you mentioned but I'm betting you'll get a variety of answers. Best of luck making your decision.

Re: Duracoat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your peepers may be the only way to determine. Unfortunately, every lens and monitor are different and capture color differently and it can also vary a couple shades depending how it was applied as well as the naked eye and how/what it perceives.

I would keep some black and white Duracoat on hand if you can. You can darken or lighten just about any color pretty easily. I ordered some "Marsh" a little while back and it was much yellower in the bottle than I had anticipated so I added a couple capfulls of black until I got the shade I wanted.

Some guys might have input on the colors you mentioned but I'm betting you'll get a variety of answers. Best of luck making your decision.</div></div>

+1. I keep black and white on hand. Also make sure you shake the shit out of it and get it mixed up well. I made the mistake of "not shaking until my arm hurt" and the colors came out a silverish tan and a blueish tan on 2 different colors. Now I use a small Badger Paint stirring wand.