• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ever sold a gun that you wish you really really did not.

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
So getting into the gun business my first series of guns where the Remington 788's. Quickly they became my favorite guns. I have collected every one right handed left handed and carbine. I sold them off to pay for a new house. I only kept the 44 magnum. Bought it at a pawn shop for 450 dollars. Just sold it on an auction site for 1100.

Pulled the gun out of the safe and said damn I wish I did not do that. Wish I would never had done that.

I feel your pain.
Although your guns are better than the ones I sold, so I imagine your pain is greater.

Sold these for emergency finances too.

Hk Mark23
Hk P7
Uberti Model 1866 Saddle-ring carbine "Trapper" model

Yeah, it hurts.
Eventually I'm gonna try to get them all back though

Colt Python, 5 inch barrel blued. Im still kicking myself in the ass for selling that one.

My Kimber SVT 22 with the greenish laminated stock to cover rent...not easily replaceable although funny enough it's still in the area. Saw MY rifle at a gun show last year. Didn't have the cash to buy it then or I would have. Guy has had it ever since I sold it. Told him the story but he still didn't want to sell it back to me for what I received for it.

Also my sig 239. I love my glocks now but that was such a sweet little pistol. I'll likely have another at some point. For no particular reason I shot that gun better than the kimber 1911 before it and 90% of all the other pistols I've shot. A bit heavy for its size I guess but I have an affinity for them.

At some point, I've regetted every sale. My transactions are less than a dozen. I always sold to get something else, but I just should have saved. Live and learn.

I miss every custom rifle I've sold. The truth is that you learn what you like and what you don't like, though, and LR shooting is just too pricey not to have rifles specced exactly how you want. Rifles are like women.... Just because you let them go doesn't mean you forget about them.

NIB Series 70 Gold Cup NM, Lile stag handle boot knife, NIB 4 5/8" Ruger Blackhawk OM, 99% Winchester Model 12 in 20ga. These come to my mind pretty quick. But when you used to buy, sell, trade, and swap as much as I did You couldn't hold on to all of em.

What?? You can sell these things?

I just thought you were required to buy more safes........;)

My Kimber SVT 22 with the greenish laminated stock to cover rent...not easily replaceable although funny enough it's still in the area. Saw MY rifle at a gun show last year. Didn't have the cash to buy it then or I would have. Guy has had it ever since I sold it. Told him the story but he still didn't want to sell it back to me for what I received for it.

Also my sig 239. I love my glocks now but that was such a sweet little pistol. I'll likely have another at some point. For no particular reason I shot that gun better than the kimber 1911 before it and 90% of all the other pistols I've shot. A bit heavy for its size I guess but I have an affinity for them.

I had a Kimber SVT .22 also. Wonderful gun. I wish I still had that, it was stolen, and the H&K 93 I stupidly sold years ago.

When I started getting back into guns again 5-6 years ago it was to satisfy my concerns about my work liabilities. I was going to get good with my work gun. No need for two pistols in any mans life right? So I sold a 5 inch 1911 Id bought when I got out of the USMC. It was only a 1991A1, nothing special, but I live in MA and Colts are not approved for sale in the state. Replacing it now that Im all gun bit is not so easy or cheap. It was practically new in the box when I sold it.

I guess by my former logic I should lop off one of my nuts - hey why have two right?

I had a Kimber SVT .22 also. Wonderful gun. I wish I still had that, it was stolen, and the H&K 93 I stupidly sold years ago.

Mine may as well have been stolen for what I was paid for it. Sorry to hear yours wasn't stolen by choice though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Oh Yeah!

Boy have I! Job loss of 18 years and the death of my father has forced me to sell some beloved guns and all in the last 3 years.
I had to sell:
8 inch Colt Python LNIB (still have a 6" nickel and a Python Hunter, but...).
Colt 1911A1 commercial from the early '30's, honest 95%.
Colt 3rd gen SAA nickel custom shop 7 1/2" in .44-40 un-fired, un-turned in box.
Colt 1908 .380 engraved and gold inlayed with mother of pearl grips :(. Not factory engraved but still beautiful and the only engraved gun that I had. (still have a 1908 with ivory grips 99% with box)
Winchester '94 deluxe (early 1900's) .38-55.
FN Mauser in .257 Roberts.
Winchester Model 70 pre '64 in .338WM.​

But the two that hurt the worst were:
Winchester '97 trench gun (the real deal) about 90% bluing) .
Jerry Fisher custom rifle on a Mauser action in 7x57. It truly was a work of art, ONLY drawback to this gun was it was a built in the late 60's and was not set up for a scope, but the attention to detail and craftsmanship that went into it is was incredible. Still...​

Don't get me wrong, I still have a bunch of very nice guns and some of my late fathers heirlooms, but he was the person that taught me all about guns, shooting and hunting, so selling those guns from my collection was almost like I was selling a part of him. Every time I think about the hard earned treasures that I had to sell it makes me almost cry. Things have not got much better either. I may be forced to sell my M1A, HK SR-9T with PSG-1 butt stock and my Browning Medalist.:( Maybe my luck will change but it has not so far.

I just got into shooting, hunting, collecting about 2 years ago. I'm not wealthy, so I've bought/sold/traded a BUNCH of guns, trying to get to a place where I am happy with what I have ......regrets sold,,,Sig P220 ELITE, Kimber Ultra, the other 15 or so that have passed thru my hands in this time doesn't matter to me.
The cheap 20ga. single shot my parents bought me for my 16th birthday that I sold for drugs or something when I was on the streets at about 19 years old, I'd pay alot of $$$ to have it back.
I'm not rich, but I can buy about any gun I want right now, but I'm fairly happy with what I have . I'm not hard to please.

Miss my Walther P 5 (ejects from L) 9mm with a Rhodium Finish ....sigh...

I purchased a milled receiver arsenal ak-47 brand new in about 2004ish for $450 dollars!! shot the shit out the rifle and turned around & sold it for $800 dollars about 4 years ago? anyway, still kicking myself for selling the rifle as it was ultra awesome! I'm still thinking about buying another milled receiver arsenal if the prices would ever dip back down but I'm not holding my breath.

Colt 38 super. Only 50 rounds through it. Sold it for $850. Realized I didn't ask for enough, but still honored the deal. Older gentleman was a class act and eventually, VERY grateful.

I've been toying with selling a NIB Colt Delta Elite 10/40. It comes with 2 barrels and springs and can fire either 10mm or 40 cal. Only 411 made by Colt and our family has 3, all unfired. I've been toying with selling it, but now that I see this thread, I think I'll keep it.

I bought a Chinese SKS, with capture papers, from the Assistant Division Commander of the 101st. He brought it back from Vietnam and had held it for over 15 years.
In a moment of stupidity, I traded it for a really nice, used, Browning semi-auto shotgun, that turned out to have MAJOR mechanical issues.

Two:

A Steyr Aug and a Springfield Armory NM M1A

Both have since been replaced with a MSAR and a M1A Loaded

Oh yeah, and a Rem 1100 autoloader

Nope. Aint nothing but things...

I'm with this guy, I think of guns I didn't buy, the Browning Superposed O/U, the HS take down 308 for 1600.00, damn!

I was one of the first guys on Gun Broker, turned a lot of stuff. Had four NIB Colt Pythons at one time, 1999, all gone.
I do regret one gun, a Colt series 70 45 acp, satin nickel, that my wife had bought for me, after she learned I sold it, she vowed never to buy another gun for me, so I pretty much screwed myself on that one. It's not selling that gun I regret, it's the "decision" to sell, or to tell her about it, dumb ass!

Had to sell all 4 of my bolt rifles to pay for a divorce lawyer a few years back.......it was a nasty divorce. Anyways......I came out pretty good in the deal, finally got my finances straightened out and just dropped the parts for my 7mm-08 build with Carolina Precision Rifles yesterday.

Yes an auto loading Itcha shotgun not sure which model but it had a scene on the receiver of a dog flushing birds. It was a gun my dad had bought and gave to me. I got into some troblem and had to sell it with his permission but still wish I had it now that he as passed away.

Yes an auto loading Itcha shotgun not sure which model but it had a scene on the receiver of a dog flushing birds. It was a gun my dad had bought and gave to me. I got into some troblem and had to sell it with his permission but still wish I had it now that he as passed away.

Sorry for your loss, 2X.

Yeahhhh, I sold one that I bitterly miss to this day. A Sig P226--I really love those handguns. The grip is just fabulous. After seeing the P227 released, though, I'm wondering if it wasn't providence all along...

-David

Nothing fancy but I sold an old Remington nylon 66. I have regretted it. Could probably buy another one for a decent price but this one was given to me by an old shooting buddy.

Where should I start. Colt Trooper Mk3, Colt MK4 Series 70 45 ACP, S&W 629, Browning HP, Para Ord carry 12 and the worst one of all was a Sig/Sauer SSG 3000.
There were others, but these were ones I should have really kept.

Every one I ever sold... so just don't sell any more.

One in particular, though, was a 1914 production 1911. Beautiful. Almost mint. Wasn't mine, but sold for a neighbor whose husband had passed. I should have bought it myself as the collector who bought it later told me it lettered to a batch sold to our own state National Guard, shipped right before WW1. State purchase, not US Property marked. That was truly the 'one that got away.'

Cheers,

Sirhr

I have suffered sellers remorse on many occasions, but the one gun I DON'T regret selling was a HK VP 70 Z. I made a good profit on it, and smiled all the way to the bank.

Regret selling my first rifle, a tikka t3 tactical 308 in a roedale chassis system and also my barrett 98 bravo. Needed the cash though.

I had a big sell off back in 1982 to pay for a divorce. Sold my first S&W 29-2, blued 6 1/2" gun in presentation case, a blued circa 1960 6" Colt Python.

Sold a WW2 era, GI Colt 1911A1 that was simply mint, probably unfired. With several mags and a Tankers holster.

And Sold a Steyr carbine, full stock, oil finish wood, in .222 Rem MAG. It shot well under an inch all the time, despite the full length wood and short barrel. REALLY miss that little Steyr.

I sold a mess of pedestrian guns from Rem 700's to Ruger 10/.22's but the ones I really miss and kick myself for selling were the Smiths, the Colts and that Steyr Carbine.

A couple decades ago I sold my hunting rifle to make rent. Weatherby Vanguard in .270 Win. It was crazy accurate, like 1/3 MOA first three shots out of the box. I also miss the Marlin Model 60 .22LR I had as a teenager. I don't even remember selling it, must not have cared about it at the time, but it was a great shooter and held something like 18 rounds!

I also miss the Marlin Model 60 .22LR I had as a teenager. I don't even remember selling it, must not have cared about it at the time, but it was a great shooter and held something like 18 rounds!

I've got the same rifle and love it. My dad bought it off my Uncle when I was a kid as my first rifle and I still shoot it to this day. I replaced the sights with TechSights that give it a M16-like sight picture but it's still good and accurate with irons shooting just plinking ammo. I'm thinking about getting a new Boyd's stock for it.

I've bought and sold a few guns and while I don't really regret it, I wouldn't mind having my Springfield Full Size Loaded back and the little .223 heavy barrel I sold a couple years ago. The Springfield was a great shooting pistol that I had coated in OD and the .223 was just a fun shooting gun.

Sometime in 2012 I bought a lightly used S&W M&P 15-22 pistol for $450. Wasn't in love with it and had to keep fighting temptation to try the upper on my M&P 15-22 carbine, so I let it go for what I had in it. Fast forward a few months to early 2013 and the damn things were flying out the door for 1K plus!
I don't necessarily regret selling it, just wish I'd have gotten more out of it!!

The fear of sellers remorse has been keeping on the fence about selling my safe queens. I have only parted with 2 guns, both 22lrs and neither special. I regretted that every time I had a new shooter stopping by.

Now I have a colt SAA in 22lr and a Garand that never get used. I want to sell them and roll the cash into guns that get shot more often, but I am worried that I will regret it later.

I can mention one gun that I regret buying, a Sig Mosquito...biggest POS in my collection. I wish I could sell it but I wouldn't feel right making it someone else's problem.

I miss the Remmy 5R that I just had to rebarrel (didn't need it). I then sold it to help pay for a divorce.
I miss the Savage 10FP that I sold to put money into the 5R purchase.
I do not miss the S&W SW99 that I sold. It was 100% reliable, but uncomfortable to shoot a lot.
I do not miss the second Mossberg 930SPX that I traded a buddy for a NIB Glock 17. I still have another.

I have however gone through more stocks and scopes than I care to remember. I miss some of those McM's and my USO ST-10.

Winchester '97 trench gun, was still in the cosmolein when I got it. Paid all of $100. YOUNG & DUMB

I bought two Styr Augs at a gun show one time, cause they looked cool. After getting home and seeing how much they really cost, I figured they were stolen. Had them checked out, and they weren't reported stolen.I'm a lefty and they weren't lefty friendly, so I traded one for a HK PDW and the other for a Calico M950. Sold the PDW and the Calico because of the F ing NY SAFE act. They were registered, so Away they went.
Those are two guns that I really regret selling. Fuck You Cuomo.

My replica 1858 Army revolver I had when I was like 13. I was such a crack shot with it and seeing as it had a 12" bbl, it really was able to reach out. Cheap to shoot as well because all I had to pay for was percussion caps. I made my own powder and casted my own balls. 50/50 solder sure makes a hard hitting ball! Anyways, I made the mistake of leaving the chamber loaded for like an entire year. When I remembered about it, I pulled the balls and dumped the powder and was horrified with how corroded the chamber walls were from my overly caustic homemade black powder. Obviously the gun was no longer safe to fire, so I just got rid of it. I had no idea at the time I could just get a replacement cylinder. I still kick myself over that stupid choice.

My replica 1858 Army revolver I had when I was like 13. I was such a crack shot with it and seeing as it had a 12" bbl, it really was able to reach out. Cheap to shoot as well because all I had to pay for was percussion caps. I made my own powder and casted my own balls. 50/50 solder sure makes a hard hitting ball! Anyways, I made the mistake of leaving the chamber loaded for like an entire year. When I remembered about it, I pulled the balls and dumped the powder and was horrified with how corroded the chamber walls were from my overly caustic homemade black powder. Obviously the gun was no longer safe to fire, so I just got rid of it. I had no idea at the time I could just get a replacement cylinder. I still kick myself over that stupid choice.

I'd normally say that such a story was just Maser being... Maser. And winding us up. But other than the fact that mine was an 1851 Navy Colt Replica made in Spain or Italy... and certainly didn't have a 12 inch barrel (though it sort of seemed like it to a 13 year old kid)... I can tell almost exactly the same story. I traded mine for a really awful French-made MAB .25 auto pistol and am lucky I never shot my own leg off with it... But with the Colt-knockoff, same story. Loved shooting it. Shot the hell out of it, in fact. Kids back then were allowed to have way more fun. Now we'd all be jailed for even thinking about shooting muzzle-loading pistols or even owning black powder, much less filling old Co2 cartridges with it and... wait, that never happened, forget I mentioned that.

I have a couple of front-stuffer pistols now including some real Colts that are just works of art. But none would have the same sentimental value as that crappy Navy Colt knockoff that I wish I still had.

Thanks for the memories, Maser.

Cheers,

Sirhr