• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finished first real build... and i made a left when I should have zagged!

hwgunner

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2014
Well here it is. My first real build. Started off wanting to build a light weight 7mm-08 and ended up with a 13.8 pond 6x47 Lapua. Someone please tell me where I went wrong.

Stiller Tac30 action, Bartlien barrel chambered by Beanland, .3000 recoil lug, 517 Timney @ 2.5 lbs and AICS 2.0 opened up for recoil lug. Not shown is an Atlas bi-pod. Just waiting on the spigot mount.
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed.jpg

Have a nice Leupold hunting scope for now. Waiting for the right deal to come along on a tactical scope. Know where the is a new Swarofski 6-18 with lit retical and a Kahles 3-12 (maybe 4-12) with 56mm objective.

Despite zagging at some point I am pretty happy with the build. I realized early on that there are about 20 different rifles, if not more, rolling around in my head that I would like to build. This was one of them.

Nice looking gun. It is hard to stay to the plan isn't it? But that just gives an excuse for the next one.

I know what you mean....I'm about to zig 3.5 months into a mcmillan stock build and change colors. Time to start the wait over again.

Thanks guys. I do think SH had a big hand in it. Got all the parts except the action here. Have not shot it yet but the scope will go on this weekend I hope and then some time next week will go shoot for the first time.

That is my 73 911. No pics on my phone but will post a couple tomorrow.

14 pounds for a bolt gun that isn't a designated 'keep it simple' hunting gun with a tapered barrel is actually lighter than most peoples' rifles here.

My 6.5 is 16 and some change.

Hwgunner, your old 911 has come a long ways. It looks good, thanks for sharing. Ill keep looking for updates.

post-3095-1312434439.jpg
this is probably the car at her worst, the day of delivery to me. Today she runs and drives and I am getting ready to put her up for sale in a few weeks.