• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Requested a certified copy today
After 30 days you can get a certified copy, but what is that? A email? ANOTHER posted letter? I’m approved 7 days ago, guaranteed I’m in for a 30 wait with this COVID shit. Wondering what the deal will be. Input appreciated.

After 30 days you can get a certified copy, but what is that? A email? ANOTHER posted letter? I’m approved 7 days ago, guaranteed I’m in for a 30 wait with this COVID shit. Wondering what the deal will be. Input appreciated.

Never actually had to do one, they’ve always come back in a timely matter. I opted to type a letter up, sign it, and email them it. The lady said I could mail it, fax it, email it, or have my FFL Transferor request the Certified Copy. I figured fastest way would be for me to do it via email since the FFL I chose unfortunately kind of has the “F Off we know more then you peasant” attitude lol. We’ll see what happens, I’ll keep ya’ll posted.

Reactions: Alihilly1
Dead Air Nomad
Check cashed 7/2
silencershop kiosk with single shot trust
........291 days so far, still pending
Worried it’s going to be approved while the FFL is still mandated closed by the city 😭

Just got the call today :ROFLMAO:
Silencerco Omega
Individual Paper
Check Cashed 06-26-19
Approved 04-06-20
In Hand 04-24-20

20200424_210931.jpg

I like that wait time after approval. I could deal with that! Glad you got your can! Looks good!
Fortunately my state is still pretty wide open and my dealer works from home so there was no added wait. It sucks for the guys who are stuck waiting on closed gun stores.

OSS Helix QD, check cashed on 8/29/2019, approved on 3/22/2020 (206 days).
AAC Illusion 9, check cashed on 9/11/2019, approved on 4/1/2020 (203 days).

I'm still waiting on the dealer to call. ATF told me that they have 30 days to mail the stamp from the date that the transfer was approved.

Just got the call for my 22 Takedown I purchased on Father's Day last year. 10 months. Quickest one yet for me.

Purchased 3 cans 10/18/2019, individual no trust. 12/18/2019 I was notified CC was declined, wrong number on paperwork entered by dealer, they resubmitted correct number. 12/23/2019 ATF hit my CC for $200 three times instead of once for $600. Bank declined third charge believing it was fraud. I immediately let them know it was not fraud by ATF contact dealer on 01/25/2020 and said they needed a check for the last $200. An hour and 15 minute drive to dealer with check that was cashed on 02/04/2020. I got a call from dealer this morning that my stamps were in. Paperwork indicated they were approved 03/16/2020. So approximately 190 days from purchase to pickup. Was I pissed about the problems, hell yes. Am I happy with the total process, yes considering what others have had to wait.

For those still waiting good luck to you.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
I was approved 3/26, still waiting also. I was expecting a call all last week with nothing. This is more annoying than the long wait on approvals.

I was approved for one on 3/23, dealer still has not received.

Does not surprise me too much, my last ones were 7 weeks from approved to dealer's inbox. It makes sense because the ATF does not make sense.

I was approved for one on 3/23, dealer still has not received.

Does not surprise me too much, my last ones were 7 weeks from approved to dealer's inbox. It makes sense because the ATF does not make sense.

What from what I've seen just with 5320.20's they're about 3-4 weeks behind (from approval to receiving).

I ordered some suppressors in late Feb to early March and only took ~10 days To cash check.
Ordered some in early April And it took 2-3 weeks, I’m guessing they’re letting the mail chill for a little bit to let any potential Virus contamination die.

Last edited:
Soooo i was approved 3-25. Nothing. Emailed Silencershop and they told me ATF would be able to know if they mailed my stamps. I called ATF and they said they can't know if they've been mailed and added could be longer than their 30 days limit to mail the stamps because Covid. What can I do? Its officially >30 days. Such bullshit. Makes the process almost not worth it. Im getting screwed over even on the parts that typically doesn't screw people. At what point do I have the right to hold them accountable and I realize that's laughable without expensive lawyers.

• Angry
Reactions: Jgunner
Wait what is this. I'm past the the day mark. 6 days from year mark. So pissed. Please help

Reactions: Alihilly1
Wait what is this. I'm past the the day mark. 6 days from year mark. So pissed. Please help
You can request a certified copy 30+ days after stamp approval with the ATF. Couple different ways to do, have your dealer request it or you can request it. You can mail, email, or fax them it.

In the letter say you (the transferee) is requesting a certified copy to be mailed directly to you because of xxx reason.
You need to provide the serial number, transferer (FFL city/state), transferee (yourself), and if it’s in a trust put THE EXACT name of the trust, exactly as it appears. Sign and send it in. I sent them an email for Requested Certified Copy on Friday (4/24). Their email is [email protected]

I'm quickly losing confidence in the FFL I used for mine. I have my doubts they'd give me my can if I showed up with my own stamp.

Its amazing to me that most dealers don't see to have a grasp on this stuff. Everyone I've seen on the hide clearly makes an effort to know what they're talking about, but they're the exception. Its just like buying a truck, I guess. I know more than the dealer.

Pending in November, got it a couple days in in April, but the stamp approval date is in February. So they approved it in three months, then sat on it for two months.

You can request a certified copy 30+ days after stamp approval with the ATF. Couple different ways to do, have your dealer request it or you can request it. You can mail, email, or fax them it.

In the letter say you (the transferee) is requesting a certified copy to be mailed directly to you because of xxx reason.
You need to provide the serial number, transferer (FFL city/state), transferee (yourself), and if it’s in a trust put THE EXACT name of the trust, exactly as it appears. Sign and send it in. I sent them an email for Requested Certified Copy on Friday (4/24). Their email is [email protected]

Thank you for laying that out and especially the email address. very grateful

Went by my shop today - they just received a stamp that was approved March 26th. I'm at exactly 30 days today, and no stamp.

I can always hope they sent out the batch of stamps that were approved on the 26th together. Every time my phone rings I hope its the dealer.

Just got Email. 3 of my forms came in sitting at my dealer.

checks cashed 17-Sep-19. 18-Nov-19. And. 09-Jan-20.

ready for pickup 28 Apr 20.

what’s funny is there is another dropped the same day as the NOV one that is still pending.

Just got Email. 3 of my forms came in sitting at my dealer.

checks cashed 17-Sep-19. 18-Nov-19. And. 09-Jan-20.

ready for pickup 28 Apr 20.

what’s funny is there is another dropped the same day as the NOV one that is still pending.

Filed as trust or individual?

I’ve got 3 in that were cashed in Oct and 1 in Nov. filed as a trust.

Reactions: HOOFER
I was in disbelief. Still am. Just last month I got back my stamp from Feb of 19, so that took a full year about. This one was crazy fast. But the one more I have out there is 4 months in but nothing yet.

Well the one I had out I mentioned that wasn't approved yet, was approved for two months almost now and not a word from my dealer. Not using that guy again!

So this one was also approved in pretty good time. Less then 4 months. Still not as good as the one that took 57 days I picked up last month.

Submitted 11/5/19
Approved 3/2/20
Call from Dealer 4/27/20
Picked up 4/28/20

Form 4 Trust.

Last edited:
Submitted 6/14/19
Check cashed 6/26/19
approved 3/26/20
Stamp in hand 4/28/20

Finally. Thank god. Form 4 individual

Reactions: HOOFER
Wooohoo I'm so excited
"Individual" Thunderbeast 338 SR "SURG Brown color"
Form 4 to ATF 9/24/2019
Check cash 10/01/2019
Approved 4/21/2020
Stamp ……..don't know yet but (TBAC is my dealer to pickup) 5 hours drive from Jackson WY to Casper. I'm gonna be so excited.

congrats. I'm 1 year individual kiosk and mine were approved over 1 month ago and sent an email asking for certified copies. First experience with suppressors and kinda got my ass kicked. Just to think I was excited when they were approved....

congrats. I'm 1 year individual kiosk and mine were approved over 1 month ago and sent an email asking for certified copies. First experience with suppressors and kinda got my ass kicked. Just to think I was excited when they were approved....
What can did you buy?

Wooohoo I'm so excited
"Individual" Thunderbeast 338 SR "SURG Brown color"
Form 4 to ATF 9/24/2019
Check cash 10/01/2019
Approved 4/21/2020
Stamp ……..don't know yet but (TBAC is my dealer to pickup) 5 hours drive from Jackson WY to Casper. I'm gonna be so excited.

My 338 ultra SR is my favorite.. Ordered mine Shot Show 2019. Received Feb of this year. So 13.5 months. Best can I own though.. You will likely think the same.

Reactions: hk401
My buddy got his tax tamp in for his ultra 7 today, figured I’d call and see where my 22 takedown was at in the process. Single Shot trust through silencer shop kiosk filed 7/21/19, check cashed 8/19/19, form 4 approved 4/22/20. 9 full months from purchase to approval. Now starts the dreaded wait for the stamp to show up at my FFL.

Asked about my Ultra 9 I bought in March and it was received March 23rd. I was hoping for a batch approval but no luck 😭

Edit: my tax stamp for my 22TD was delivered 5/8/2020

Last edited:
Stamp arrived today - 32 days since approval. 342 days from date of purchase. Single Shot Trust.

Submitted 6/14/19
Check cashed 6/26/19
approved 3/23/20
Stamp in hand 4/28/20

Just about a year.

37 days post approval and still haven’t received the stamps. FFL says they haven’t received them and called the ATF and he said they’re averaging 40-45 day’s post approval for dealer to receive the stamps.

37 days post approval and still haven’t received the stamps. FFL says they haven’t received them and called the ATF and he said they’re averaging 40-45 day’s post approval for dealer to receive the stamps.

That's not a surprise. Approved 5320.20's are taking at least 30 days to get back.

Took 2 months for my buddies stamp to hit the dealer after approval. Picked it up a few days ago. Im sure with all this covid shit, its just pushing everything back.

That's not a surprise. Approved 5320.20's are taking at least 30 days to get back.

I’m on week 6 of my Form 20.

Edit: Just called the NFA branch. Both Form 20’s I submitted have been approved. One was approved 1 month ago, another last week. She did inform me that they are showing 45 days for return approvals and stamps.

FYI to anyone waiting

Last edited:
Need to call tomorrow and see if it was approved and just in stamp delivery hell...167 days today, cashed 11/15/2019...

why in the world can't they email the SOT for release and send your stamp home. seems like they've thought of every way they can to extend the wait.

Likely for the same reason they don't have a database that correlates submissions. It honestly feels like the ATF's job is to delay the rights of law-abiding citizens. If they would open eFile back up for Form 4's it would simplify a lot of this nonsense just like it has for Form 1's. Why they won't do that, who the F knows.

Form 4 Individual:

Check cashed 06/25/19
Approved 03/23/20
In hand 05/01/20
Cashed to in hand: 311 days

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: db2000
Form 4 Individual 1/3/2020 and 1/9/2020 submitted. Picked both stamps and cans up today 5/2/2020

Reactions: blcouch