• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just called today to check status. Said it was approved today! Finally!

Mailed everything off March 4 2019
Check cashed March 11-2019
Approved April 13 2020.
Form 4 trust with 1 RP.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Same thing happened to me. Date approved was March 18. Once the stamp was received the envelope was stamped mailed on April 4th. I just picked mine up.

So a follow up to this saga. I called the shop Friday afternoon 10Apr2020 around 4pm to see if the stamp had arrived. I was once again told: "If it was in we would have called you already. It takes about 14 days after approval for the stamp to come in.". I politely remind them that it was approved 18Mar2020 and I'm at 20 days, would they mind looking to verify it's not come in yet? Their response once again was: "If it was here we would have called you." Fine, so I show up Saturday afternoon to pick up a transfer item and also state I'm there for an NFA item. Not surprisingly my stamp is indeed there!! Once the paperwork is completed and I've taken possession I politely inquire when the stamp arrived and why I was never notified...."We don't know when the stamp arrived, and we couldn't get in contact with you." :oops: I just walked away because it wasn't worth the argument. Needless to say that is the last time I will be using that dealer. ?

So a follow up to this saga. I called the shop Friday afternoon 10Apr2020 around 4pm to see if the stamp had arrived. I was once again told: "If it was in we would have called you already. It takes about 14 days after approval for the stamp to come in.". I politely remind them that it was approved 18Mar2020 and I'm at 20 days, would they mind looking to verify it's not come in yet? Their response once again was: "If it was here we would have called you." Fine, so I show up Saturday afternoon to pick up a transfer item and also state I'm there for an NFA item. Not surprisingly my stamp is indeed there!! Once the paperwork is completed and I've taken possession I politely inquire when the stamp arrived and why I was never notified...."We don't know when the stamp arrived, and we couldn't get in contact with you." :oops: I just walked away because it wasn't worth the argument. Needless to say that is the last time I will be using that dealer. ?
Holy shit. Please tell me it’s triangle shooting academy. If it is, I’m in the same boat. That’s who has mine and the stamp was approved 3/20. Nothing but crickets.

Holy shit. Please tell me it’s triangle shooting academy. If it is, I’m in the same boat. That’s who has mine and the stamp was approved 3/20. Nothing but crickets.
I have potential good news for you....that was NOT the Silencer Shop dealer I was using!! However, you still may be screwed, because your stamp should be there by now.

If they are near enough to you it may just be worth showing up in person to inquire about the status of your NFA item.

I'll send you a PM later today to discuss potential future SOT's.

I have potential good news for you....that was NOT the Silencer Shop dealer I was using!! However, you still may be screwed, because your stamp should be there by now.

If they are near enough to you it may just be worth showing up in person to inquire about the status of your NFA item.

I'll send you a PM later today to discuss potential future SOT's.
My future SOT is me.

I would totally show up but they decided to shut down. They claim to be calling and scheduling appointments to pick stuff up as they see fit.
I will never give them a dime again.

This sounds like my dealer. I need to pop in to visit them but they’re only seeing people by appointment. I was approved 3/24 though, so tomorrow marks 3 weeks. They treat me the same way on the phone, with the hard-o “if we haven’t called you it’s not here” type remarks.

My future SOT is me.

I would totally show up but they decided to shut down. They claim to be calling and scheduling appointments to pick stuff up as they see fit.
I will never give them a dime again.
Good on you for becoming your own future SOT. That will simplify things considerably!

That really sucks about TSA!! I was not aware that they had closed their doors. Most NC gun shops have remained open and are doing a VERY brisk business despite the Governor implementing stupid and arbitrary restrictions about the number of people per sq ft in retail spaces.

The only good news I can give you is that the Wake Co order ends April 16th and the statewide order is set to expire April 30th....if our "esteemed" Governor doesn't extend it. :rolleyes:

Good on you for becoming your own future SOT. That will simplify things considerably!

That really sucks about TSA!! I was not aware that they had closed their doors. Most NC gun shops have remained open and are doing a VERY brisk business despite the Governor implementing stupid and arbitrary restrictions about the number of people per sq ft in retail spaces.

The only good news I can give you is that the Wake Co order ends April 16th and the statewide order is set to expire April 30th....if our "esteemed" Governor doesn't extend it. :rolleyes:
He will do whatever Cuomo says as he is the new golden boy of the left.

Yeah yes and no. He’s a narcissist to be sure.
I take that back, I agree with you there that its yes and no. He would have absolutely redeemed himself if he’d have thrown his hands up, admitted it was a world wide unforeseen consequence and lead the country like a man & leader. But we both know he’s literally never admitted being wrong once in his presidency. Not once.

Form 4 sent in on 3/28/19 on 1RP, check cashed on 07 MAY 2019 and so far I've got crickets. ATF and Congressman getting a call tomorrow.

I want to get a .338 cal can, but I think I might wait until there is a change in the laws. But that might never happen, so maybe I won’t wait. Haha.

Just did the paperwork on a tbac ultra 7. Holy cow that thing is light weight . Assuming the dealer gets the form mailed out today or tomorrow I’ll start the countdown

Last edited:
no need to F up a good sticky thread with politics. there's plenty of other threads on here for that.;)

Just hanging out waiting for the dealer to call me saying my stamps arrived..... that were approved on 3/24

Attachments

• 6A895916-13D4-4B7A-AA36-8B8B06D44845.jpeg
    6A895916-13D4-4B7A-AA36-8B8B06D44845.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 48
I just realized the supressor I picked up the other day was the one that had been in the system only 4 months. The ones that have been in the system 8 months and 10 months have not come in.

I just realized the supressor I picked up the other day was the one that had been in the system only 4 months. The ones that have been in the system 8 months and 10 months have not come in.
I have a couple that have been in the system 4 months. One a pistol and the other a rifle suppressor. They are my first ever. It would be nice to get one or both soon

My first suppressor a couple years back took 9 months. Submitted for another back in January and again a couple weeks ago. Some of these expedited approvals have me cautiously optimistic for a 3-4 month wait. All that being said, the simplest law change that would give me some satisfaction would be if one is already approved and in the system a “fast track” approval process for any additional cans. Say can in hand in 30 days. That is simple and should be an easy fix.

Reactions: goatboy
FINALLY!

Dead Air Sandman S
Dead Air Ghost M

2 cans, 1RP Trust, 5/20/19 cash date.

Both approved yesterday 4/16/20. 332 soul destroying days. Compounded by the fact people getting stupid short approval dates. (Called yesterday = Pending). Called today = Approved. (WTF LOL)

Reactions: missed
Same. I called today for an update, 240 days into it and I’m still “pending”.

Mine were just filed so I'm going under the suspicion that it'll be 18-24 months before I see them considering all the impulse purchases happening right now.

Had two more get approved this last week. Both were form 4 trusts with 3 rp. One check was cashed 06/26/19 and the other was 07/03/19

Last edited:
So I purchased a SilencerCo Omega 300 from my dealer on 10/19/19, told them when I bought it that I was deploying and would NOT be able to get messages, please call my wife if there is an issue, she is on the trust with me. Gave them her number and said again, I will be out of touch, you have to call her. No problem! they said.

Called NFA today to see where it is in the process... they could not find ANY paperwork on it. Called dealer and they said "should be good, we show everything was sent off and nothing has come back". So I called NFA again and they said "we show that S/N and that gun store, but no paperwork at all." FML

Call store back again and tell them I have called twice, they show no paperwork at all. So the guy goes digging through his stack and says, "Oh, here it is. Yeah, there was one small mistake, I called and left a message on 11/28 and 12/02." So now I am 6 months behind, was hoping to have it out of jail when I get back, not now. Unless I get stupid lucky looking at another 300+ days like my first two. So pissed

Last edited:
So I purchased a SilencerCo Omega 300 from my dealer on 10/19/19, told them when I bought it that I was deploying and would NOT be able to get messages, please call my wife if there is an issue, she is on the trust with me. Gave them her number and said again, I will be out of touch, you have to call her. No problem! they said.

Called NFA today to see where it is in the process... they could not find ANY paperwork on it. Called dealer and they said "should be good, we show everything was sent off and nothing has come back". So I called NFA again and they said "we show that S/N and that gun store, but no paperwork at all." FML

Call store back again and tell them I have called twice, they show no paperwork at all. So the guy goes digging through his stack and says, "Oh, here it is. Yeah, there was one small mistake, I called and left a message on 11/28 and 12/02." So now I am 6 months behind, was hoping to have it out of jail when I get back, not now. Unless I get stupid lucky looking at another 300+ days like my first two. So pissed

You may want your suppressor but if it were me, I'd tell the dealer to shove it, cancel the application and demand a refund. Perhaps you can find another dealer and get the the same model suppressor from them.

I normally don't like to say to someone what I would do if it were me cause you know your situation better than anyone else. However, I get upset reading about this. They took your money and didn't give a rat's ass after that.

You may want your suppressor but if it were me, I'd tell the dealer to shove it, cancel the application and demand a refund. Perhaps you can find another dealer and get the the same model suppressor from them.

I normally don't like to say to someone what I would do if it were me cause you know your situation better than anyone else. However, I get upset reading about this. They took your money and didn't give a rat's ass after that.

take your anger and turn it into a creative passion to make a form 1, by the time you forget about the form4 from your form1 it might be approved if this shit show of a covid 19 containment ever takes place

For those of you that have used a single shot trust in the last 30-60 days: how long did your check take to get cashed? I had one cashed in a week. The other is on week 3. Thanks

For those of you that have used a single shot trust in the last 30-60 days: how long did your check take to get cashed? I had one cashed in a week. The other is on week 3. Thanks
It’s just with whats going on with COVID. There’s no answer to when it will get done. Sooner rather than later (as it’s a check and the GOV want their money) would be my guess.

I’m on 20 days of “form 4 mailed” and my checks still haven’t been cashed. Also at 28 days today of 3 approved form 4’s and my dealer still hasn’t received them?

I’m on 20 days of “form 4 mailed” and my checks still haven’t been cashed. Also at 28 days today of 3 approved form 4’s and my dealer still hasn’t received them?
Like I said, I think it’s a combination of both. COVID has already fucked up a painfully lengthy process for us.

I'll be at 30 days on Thursday. Wasn't there some mention back in this thread somewhere about something we could do if it took longer than 30 days for the stamps to arrive?

I'll be at 30 days on Thursday. Wasn't there some mention back in this thread somewhere about something we could do if it took longer than 30 days for the stamps to arrive?
Yessir. Lady at the ATF lady working said to call at 33-35 days and then they’ll work on other options and consider the stamp “lost” in the mail. I’ve never had to do but I think they get you a copy of the stamp either by mail or email and then you can go pick your cans up?? I don’t know to be honest.

The long wait begins...

AAC 556-SD:
Purchased: 3/20/20
F4 Mailed: 3/31/20
Cashed: 4/17/20

Dead Air Nomad-30:
Purchased: 4/3/20
F4 Mailed: 4/16/20
Cashed: 4/24/20

Last edited:
It’s just with whats going on with COVID. There’s no answer to when it will get done. Sooner rather than later (as it’s a check and the GOV want their money) would be my guess.
Update: I called Silencershop yesterday and was told that the check had been cashed for my second can (15 days from mailed) but theit website hasn’t been updated. Separatel, my buddy just had his first ever form 4 come back in 6 months. Singleshot trust.

Reactions: Alihilly1
FINALLY!

Dead Air Sandman S
Dead Air Ghost M

2 cans, 1RP Trust, 5/20/19 cash date.

Both approved yesterday 4/16/20. 332 soul destroying days. Compounded by the fact people getting stupid short approval dates. (Called yesterday = Pending). Called today = Approved. (WTF LOL)
I love my deadair sandman ti and their 22 mask. I'm I think im gonna order the sandman S now. Hopefully it's a short wait!

I love my deadair sandman ti and their 22 mask. I'm I think im gonna order the sandman S now. Hopefully it's a short wait!
I shot my buddy’s Sandman S on my LMT 308 and it was glorious. I’ve not heard the tone of a modern can before such as Dead Air. It was super deep and honestly VERY pleasant for shooting. The boomier sound of the S vs that high pitched traditional sound (with the crack) make it amazing to my ears.
Definitely worth a purchase. My next can for sure will either be the Nomad L or the Wolfman. Big fan of both of those.

Reactions: D loop darrell
Start the timer! Nomad 30 ordered today. I missed the release of this thing. Direct thread and key mo capable. Heck yeah. I mainly shoot bolt action rifles but wanted a supressor I can swap around. Being able to convert back to direct thread for hunting sounds great.

Attachments

• IMG_20200424_100615_638.jpg
    IMG_20200424_100615_638.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 55