• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Form 4 Trust
Purchased 6/2/2020
Tax Stamp Cashed 7/3/2020
Approved 11/5/2020
In hand 11/17/2020

checks cashed 8/22/19... There were 7 items in the batch of paper work I sent in. One was approved with stamp received in March. The rest I am still waiting on. Trust with 2RP. Called in early September and no dice...

Tried to call today, but it's a federal holiday.

Pretty sure my reviewer caught the 'Rona and passed... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Feh...

Called today, remaining 6 stamps all approved. Looking forward to having my kit... :)

Reactions: TahoeDust
Stamp cashed mid-May. Called to check last week. Would only tell me they received the paperwork in May.
No other info provided.
NFA tracker website says currently running 7.5 months from Stamp cashed to approval.
Hopefully get a Christmas present, in that case...

Form 4 mailed May 15.
check cashed unknown
Dealer received approved F4 Nov 17

thats 5 different F4’s in 2020 approved right at 6 months from forms mailed to stamp received

I’m hoping they will expedite my Dominus because of my frequent flyer status 😉

I'm officially "done" ... got everything in the arsenal covered, and then some. My advice to anyone ordering a suppressor tax stamp ... just swallow hard and order all the suppressors you need at the same time. This "Can-Case" took "years" to populate. I wish I'd doubled and tripled my orders and just gotten it over with vs. trickling in my Form-4's in sequential 8-to-10 month initervals.

Can-Case.jpg

Form 4 Individual
Batch submittal
Sandman Ti and AAC Tirant 9
Forms submitted 5/18/20
Checks cashed 6/03/20
Both Stamps Approved 10/18
Both Stamps Received 11/12

After reading all your approvals I called and checked.

Submitted: 5/11/2020
Check cashed: 5/21/2020
Stamp approved : 11/9/2020
Just waiting for the stamp to arrive.

You guys just made my day.

Reactions: WyCoShooter
Forms submitted about 3 weeks ago, was just notified the tax stamp was cashed. Individual, through Silencer Shop. They sent me a cool little link to see the latest wait times. Looks like the wait times are coming down quite a lot.
http://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/
New here and new to suppressors. I used silencer shop to file the beginning of Nov. So if you efile through silencer shop you'll still get a email notifying you when the check was cashed? I was thinking there was no actual check going this route. Thanks!

New here and new to suppressors. I used silencer shop to file the beginning of Nov. So if you efile through silencer shop you'll still get a email notifying you when the check was cashed? I was thinking there was no actual check going this route. Thanks!
The transactions I had through Silencershop I received an email when the check was cashed.

Form 4 trust through Silencer Shop kiosk
Bought 5/13/2020
Delivered to dealer 5/26/2020
Check cashed 6/16/2020
Approved 11/1/2020
Stamp arrived 11/19/2020

Been reading here and I've got hope.

Picked up a cert off the table at the Bighorn Steel Classic in March for 50% off a TBAC.

Called the next week and ordered a takedown 22.

It was assigned a serial number in October and is now on its way to my dealer.

I'll go in and sign paperwork Monday and then the second wait begins. It's going to be a long process.

Just called to check the status of two outstanding Form 4's. One is approved as of 11/1, the other is still pending.

Silencer: Sandman-K
Filing Type: Trust w/ 1 RP
Purchased: 5/25/20
Cashed: 6/17/20
Approved: 11/1/20
At Dealer: 11/20/20

Number of days from the check being cashed: 138

Updated pickup date.

Been reading here and I've got hope.

Picked up a cert off the table at the Bighorn Steel Classic in March for 50% off a TBAC.

Called the next week and ordered a takedown 22.

It was assigned a serial number in October and is now on its way to my dealer.

I'll go in and sign paperwork Monday and then the second wait begins. It's going to be a long process.

Turned in a certificate back in august for a 338 Ultra....my serial number isn't supposed to be developed until june or july....I feel your pain. It's worth saving 1000 bucks though to do so, just have to be patient. I'm not even halfway there on the first wait period.

Reactions: Daleteam6
Turned in a certificate back in august for a 338 Ultra....my serial number isn't supposed to be developed until june or july....I feel your pain. It's worth saving 1000 bucks though to do so, just have to be patient. I'm not even halfway there on the first wait period.
When I first submitted the paperwork, the website said January of 2021 so two months soon is much welcomed.

I might buy a pistol can while I'm at the LGS next week. Get a two for one and only wait once.

And another approval.

Silencer: Mask-HD
Filing Type: Trust w/ 1 RP
Cashed: 6/6/20
Approved: 11/17/20
At Dealer: TBD

So i never got an email about the form 4 tax stamp being cashed, but silencer shop website shows my order originated on 10/28/2020 and the form 4 tax stamp was cashed on 11/16/2020.(I didn't know that info was on the website). 6 days past the check being cashed is probably too soon to hope for approval? I'm never going to make it. I am able to shoot it at my local range, but it just makes it worse.

Took me 6 months to get mine approved. Did form 4, manual and a money order. I was too cheap to use Silencer Shop Kiosk as my local shop was charging $40 to use it. Or I can do the paperwork myself... this was also with the change in the office with the ATF.

Just got 2 stamps back. One for an ultra 7 that took 4 months and another slightly longer. Torrent t3k single shot trust cashed 5-28-20, approved 11-14-20 and picked up 11-21-20.
The trust took about 2 weeks before I was able to finished paperwork and submit.

Question, How do you guys figure out your approval dates? I've got a Knights Armament MK11 that was cashed on 6/1. Its a Trust file through silencershop. Do they update their portal when the approval is in the system.

Question, How do you guys figure out your approval dates? I've got a Knights Armament MK11 that was cashed on 6/1. Its a Trust file through silencershop. Do they update their portal when the approval is in the system.

You either wait for the dealer to call you and tell it's approved or you call the ATF NFA Branch in WV and ask them. If you opt to call and check the status you'll need the S/N, Entity name (your name, trust name, corp, etc), and the dealer you are picking it up from.

Bought 3 cans in the last two years.
1: 12 months.
2: 11 months.
3: 5 months. Maybe they're catching up.
All done on a Trust.

checks cashed 8/22/19... There were 7 items in the batch of paper work I sent in. One was approved with stamp received in March. The rest I am still waiting on. Trust with 2RP. Called in early September and no dice...

Tried to call today, but it's a federal holiday.

Pretty sure my reviewer caught the 'Rona and passed... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Feh...

Approved the 17th for 5 of the 6, one needed an I crossed or a T dotted or somesuch and had to be corrected and sent back, so probably another 2 weeks there...

Stamps arrived at SOT today...

Dealer and family are in quarantine due to possible 'rona until Friday...

Needless to say I'm done buying lottery tickets... :sneaky:

It is not technically an "e-file." You do your paperwork with Silencer Shop through the computer and they mail in physical documents. The BATFE stopped accepting "e-file" back in '14 if I recall. The only reason I bring this up is so you look at the right information on the approval time websites.
Regards,

Yes it is still all actual paper that is being mailed, just the convenience of filling it out and signing online.

Silencer Shop really has this shit down. I put off jumping into suppressor market for a long time because I was intimidated. Their entire setup from the kiosk to the online signing is a pretty awesome convenience in my opinion. After I saw how easy it was, the next 3 buys came within 45 days...then my Form 1 SBRs started lol. NFA items are addicting.

Form 4 Suppressor - Trust (legacy trust from 2009 when the shit was still fresh)
Check Cashed - 22 JUN 2020
ATF Approval - 30 OCT 2020
Stamp Arrival - (Waiting)

130 days from check cash to approval by ATF. Pretty fucking smooth.

But stamp hasn't arrived at SOT yet :(

Surefire SOCOM RC2 762

Individual/e-File/SilencerShop
Mailed - 7/7
Check Cashed - 7/20
Approved - 11/12
Stamp arrived to dealer - 12/1

3 cans all trust 2rp
Mailed nov 24 2020
Cashed dec 2 2021

Kicked back for BS corrections May 23 2021
Remailed same day.