• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trust
Form 4 received by NFA on 08/07/2017. I called NFA today & the lady says 9-12 months from the date received. Judging by the info posted above I’d think that it shouldn’t be long now.

Last edited:
Well, just got a request for correction. I submitted Form 4 trust 3/27/2017 with ammendment from NFA lawyers to remove responsible persons from my trust to cut down on the amount of passport photos/fingerprints I had to submit.

ATF says its a no go with that ammendment and I will need to submit corrections with fingerprints/photos for all RP's or an updated ammendment. I got ahold of NFALaywers and they are aware of this issue and already have a new updated ammendment that is acceptable to the ATF for removing RP's. I had a response from NFAlawyers within 10 mins of my query with the new corrected ammendment. So I will submit the corrected ammendment and see how much longer I get to wait.

*edit. Spoke on the phone with the ATF examiner. She was very nice, professional, and quite helpful. I was quite surprised at how nice she was. Made this unfortunate event not seem so daunting. It appears all I have to do is submit the corrected ammendment removing RP's from my trust. and then wait.

Last edited:
Well, just got a request for correction. I submitted Form 4 trust 3/27/2017 with ammendment from NFA lawyers to remove responsible persons from my trust to cut down on the amount of passport photos/fingerprints I had to submit.

ATF says its a no go with that ammendment and I will need to submit corrections with fingerprints/photos for all RP's or an updated ammendment. I got ahold of NFALaywers and they are aware of this issue and already have a new updated ammendment that is acceptable to the ATF for removing RP's. I had a response from NFAlawyers within 10 mins of my query with the new corrected ammendment. So I will submit the corrected ammendment and see how much longer I get to wait.

*edit. Spoke on the phone with the ATF examiner. She was very nice, professional, and quite helpful. I was quite surprised at how nice she was. Made this unfortunate event not seem so daunting. It appears all I have to do is submit the corrected ammendment removing RP's from my trust. and then wait.

I literally just got the call today for a form 4 I submitted in July with the responsible person amendment from NFALawyers, they approved mine and the stamp is in.

Congrats on finally getting the call. I guess this issue just popped up within the last month regarding the amendment to remove responsible persons from the NFA Lawyers trust. ATF lawyers didn't like the last sentence in the amendment so NFA Lawyers revised their amendment, ran it past the ATF and it is good to go now. Quoted the email NFA Lawyers sent me explaining what happened.

"After previously approving these amendments for the last year, some of the ATF attorneys took issue with a single sentence in the amendment about a month ago.

This is not uncommon, as the ATF makes changes in their policy frequently and without notice (like with their opinions on the sig brace, the angled foregrip, etc). We consulted with the ATF chief examiner and he advised us to revise the amendment and resubmit, and assured us there should not be any further problems.

I have attached the revised amendment here. Fill this out, sign and date it with today’s date (no need to back-date), and send it to the ATF examiner for your application (you can get their fax or email address from the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4500 when you give them the control number on your denial letter).
Once the examiner receives it, they will continue processing and you should have your tax stamp in a few weeks. This will not reset your processing time, they will continue it from exactly where it was in the line. We have had several clients already go through this process, and they received their stamps quickly."

SilencerCo Omega .30 Cal, Trust

Check cashed 3/23/17
Stamp Approved 1/19/18

And because I’m lazy, I finally picked it up on 3/16/18. Honestly, I feel like I waited much longer with my first can. I guess the anticipation of something new had me wanting to check on it every day.

Paperwork submitted mid/late August 2018.. just got the email today 1 of 2 cans was approved. Basically 7 months total from submission to approval.. Should have it in 14 days.

Paperwork submitted mid/late August 2018.. just got the email today 1 of 2 cans was approved. Basically 7 months total from submission to approval.. Should have it in 14 days.

Stupid question but i have to ask: Who emails you when your can is approved? I've never received any communication other than dealer calls when the stamp arrives.

Stupid question but i have to ask: Who emails you when your can is approved? I've never received any communication other than dealer calls when the stamp arrives.

My SOT emails me when my stamps come in. Think its easier on us both compared to calling.

Dealer.. Dakota silencer

It seems like the individual route is quite a bit faster - Is there still an advantage to a single person trust?

Thunderbeast Ultra 7, Purchased through local dealer, used Silencer Shop Single Shot Trust

Item Purchased: 8/3/17
Trust/Form 4 sent to ATF: 8/29/17
Check cashed: 9/9/17
ATF Pending Status: 9/11/17
Stamp Approved: 3/14/18
Stamp at dealer: 3/23/18

Just got the 2nd email confirmation for can #2.

Surefire SOCOM 556 RC2, purchased through Silencer Shop, Trust (3 Responsible Persons)

Item Purchased: 1/13/17
ATF Pending Status: 3/13/17

Called today and was told that they are still waiting on the FBI to process fingerprints. 381 days and counting....previous cans were approved as quickly at 4-5 months. 41F has really screwed things up. Is there anyone we can complain to about this situation?

I hit six months today I called talked to Heather Said I was pending but with a examiner So said I should be hearing something soon .

Just got a call from dealer today for a suppressor tax stamp arrival. Individual Trust with an Ammendment naming me as only responsible person. Submitted July 2017 via Silencer Shop kiosk method.

I’ve waited 188 days to post in this thread! 2 form 4 individual both pending 9/19/17 both approved 3/24/18 which is a Saturday seems odd but that’s the date I got. 186 days from pending to approval. Things must be moving again that September 1 wall finally came down.

Reactions: THE SENTINEL

I had the same issue. A nice lady from the ATF called me up and explained the issue. I emailed her updated paperwork from NFALawyers 10 min later.... no problem.

Yep. Had the corrected amendment scanned and emailed to the examiner that afternoon. I am anxiously waiting the call from my FFL that the stamp has arrived. I am hoping within another week or so. Today marks the 366th day since submission. At least the examiner was willing to take that amendment and flag my other two form 1's that are working their way thru the system to update the packet with the new amendment.

Yep. Had the corrected amendment scanned and emailed to the examiner that afternoon. I am anxiously waiting the call from my FFL that the stamp has arrived. I am hoping within another week or so. Today marks the 366th day since submission. At least the examiner was willing to take that amendment and flag my other two form 1's that are working their way thru the system to update the packet with the new amendment.

Funny thing.... the call from ATF for updated paperwork was for a sbr on form 1. The suppressor on form 4 that the tax stamp just arrived on made it through with no problems. They were both submitted at the same time with the same ammendment.

My check was cashed around 9-16-17 if I remember correctly.

Form 4 trust approval stamp arrived 3-30-18

Individual Form 1 via Silencer Shop w/barcode

MPX SBR
Check cashed 9/22/17
ATF Received 9/25/17
Still Pending 2/08/17
Approved 3/26/18
Received 4/03/18

Form 4 Individual
Pending 9/27/2017
Approved 4/9/2018 195 days
waiting on stamp
Thunder Beast Ultra 7

Last edited:
I have been waiting since early Feb. 2017.
I called ATF two weeks ago and was told they are waiting on the FBI. Can’t get anymore information than that.

I have been waiting since early Feb. 2017.
I called ATF two weeks ago and was told they are waiting on the FBI. Can’t get anymore information than that.

I'm over a year for two. One showed up a couple weeks ago but my dealer realized they put the wrong caliber on the form and although it was already approved, they sent it back for correction. Still waiting on the 2nd one I submitted in April 17'.

Pending 9/27/2017
Approved 4/9/2018
STAMP ARRIVED4/23/2018 3 Days short of 7 months
Thunder Beast Ultra 7
Individual Form 4

Lane 5.56
Check Cashed 7/11/17
Approved 4/12/18
Received 4/23/18
Single person trust

Still waiting on a submission from 1/11/17. Guessing they lost it.

Form 4 individual, omega 300 fde. Purchased 10/05/17, check cashed 10/31/17 pending.

Just got off the phone with a very polite and reasonable nfa person. She said that it was pending, I brought up the question of the new " pending fbi background check", she said I didn't have amy comments or delay from that. All these October approvals have me hopeful. Lol, I also brought up the fact that I have been looking at forums for approval dates. She said she wishes they would stop doing that because it only causes them headaches.

AAC M2000 5.56
Form 4 - Individual - Colo
Submitted 3/8/17
Delayed due to CC issue sent in personal check and cashed several weeks after. Approx. 4/1/17
Approved 3/20/18 but had to resubmit for caliber mistake by submitter
2nd approval 3/27/18
Received 4/27/18

13 months. Still have another waiting that was submitted approx. 4/18/17 and check was cashed approx. 2 weeks following. Awaiting approval in Virginia per call to ATF in January.

F4 Individual Indiana
AAC SDN-6
Submitted 8/14/17
Cashed 8/16/17
Approved 4/9/18
Stamp received ???

Is it really that hard to put a letter in the mailbox? I note my payment is cashed in a timely manner. Going on 22 days since it's been approved and dealer has yet to receive.

I've looked all over the place, but figured I'd ask here as well. Does anyone have any reputable knowledge of the 'pending FBI background check' BS? There is plenty of speculation on NFA Tracker, and a few other places.

I called yesterday as I've seen a lot of October approvals, they informed me my two form 4's form October are 'just awaiting FBI back ground check' and were sent to the FBI April 4th. Based on what I've read that can mean anything form 2 weeks to 6 more months. It's been there nearly a month already according to them.

Never had a single NCIS issue on any past purchase. Hold a state issued CCW permit that required a background check, etc. I guess I'm just one of the unlucky bastards that get the extra scrutiny. The only thing I can think is I had a wound on one of my fingers when those two forms were sent off, but I would assume they would just kick that back if it was an issue rather than keeping it for a month? I'm at a loss, and really just kind of frustrated seeing people weeks ahead of me getting approval without incident.

More likely just an inept .gov agency that likes to shuffle paperwork around performed by unmotivated employees with no real sense of who their working for. Add in that there's no real accountability for the task their performing and you get exactly this.

I had one I just got in take 13+ months and the second one which was bought less than a month later is still out there waiting. I wouldn't be surprised if I got the one I bought in January first.

Dead air Ghost Suppressor
DSG Arms
Form 4 trust
Purchased 10/13/17
ATF payment cleared 10/17/17
Stamp Received 5/3/18
6 months and 20 days.

Saker 7.62 Suppressor
Capital Armory - Sico LEO/MIL
Form 4 Trust
Purchased 10/30/17
ATF payment cleared 11/7/17
Approved ???????
Stamp Received ???????
Hopefully soon.

Update, omega 300 fm 4 individual
Purchased 10/5/17 pending 10/31/17
Approved 04/28/18
Approval on a Saturday, stamp has not shown up yet.

Called yesterday for the first time.
Had to make a correction to the form 4 10 or so days ago so figured I would call with the excuse of making sure the corrections came back ok.
3 suppressor on SiCo Easy Trust for 2 RPs
Submitted 10/18/17
Check Cashed 10/26/17
Approved all 3 on 5/5/18

Now like Frank the wait for the stamps begins. But atleast I am this far now. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TanktheFrank
Ordered a TBAC .22 Takedown on 9/1/2017 and got the call today that my stamp arrived at the dealer. Going to pick it up in a few hours.

Looks like I should be any day now
Dead air mask
Check cashed 10/17/2017
Waiting to get the call from the dealer . I may call the atf tomorrow

Check cleared 1/18/17 3 person trust.... STill not at damn thing. Keep telling me it's pending..15+ months Give me a friggin break.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Form 4 trust for Dakota Tactical MP5 SBR
Submitted 9/15/2017
Cashed 10/1/2017
Approved 5/7/2018

Reactions: downcoyote