• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

its interesting, if you read between the lines of what is happening here, its like they are taking a renewed focus on the paper form 4s and letting the Efiles sit a lot longer.

i wonder if thats a consequence of the congressmen getting involved to clear out the backlog of the paper forms that are getting 350-450 days old.

Maybe that is true. I’m waaaay over the 450 day mark with my last one. Running 17 1/2 months currently.

Rugged Radient 762
Purchased April 15, 2021
Check Cashed June 15, 2021
Approved July 12, 2022
Stamp at Dealer July 23, 2022
Picked up July 27, 2022

1 more paper form 4 filed July 20, 2021 and 2 eForm 4's filed March 7, 2022 and June 20, 2022.

Just had an interesting interaction with the individual that picked up the phone when I called to check the status of my form 4. I was told it was pending and then I was transferred to my examiner. The examiner didn’t pick up. Pretty interesting since I thought pending meant there has not been an examiner assigned yet.

Pretty interesting since I thought pending meant there has not been an examiner assigned yet.
Yes, it says that on their voice menu system but I had a gal tell me that there was just pending and approved and pending status is pending and has no bearing on if it was assigned yet or not. Sort of surprised they transferred you to the examiner. Wow, IME they keep a tight wall between the public and the examiners

Reactions: Mrindecisive
the atf website clams they are working overtime, to include weekends to process stamps. has anyone been approved on a saturday or sunday ? or after normal working hours?

Waiting on a Thunderbeast 5”
Tax stamp cashed: 9/08/21
Still waiting. Contacted my representative yesterday. We’ll see if that helps or not. Would like it to show up before hunting season and with the current 14mo wait time for paper Form 4’s that won’t happen.

Yes, it says that on their voice menu system but I had a gal tell me that there was just pending and approved and pending status is pending and has no bearing on if it was assigned yet or not. Sort of surprised they transferred you to the examiner. Wow, IME they keep a tight wall between the public and the examiners
That is what the nice lady who answered to phone told me too. There is just pending and approved and doesn’t mean has or has not been assigned to examiner.

Reactions: Mrindecisive
the atf website clams they are working overtime, to include weekends to process stamps. has anyone been approved on a saturday or sunday ? or after normal working hours?
ATF said mine was approved on “Juneteenth” even though that’s a Fed holiday. WTF knows?

Actually, they said 20 Jun which was a Monday and was the Fed holiday.

Last edited:
Reactions: TaskForce69
Waiting on a Thunderbeast 5”
Tax stamp cashed: 9/08/21
Still waiting. Contacted my representative yesterday. We’ll see if that helps or not. Would like it to show up before hunting season and with the current 14mo wait time for paper Form 4’s that won’t happen.
My last paper form 4 stamp was cashed 11/9/2021 for a YHM Resonator R2. Back then I thought I might have it for a Christmas present this year. Now I'm beginning to wonder. I have not even bothered calling and checking the status yet.

Reactions: mustang-cars
The sooner you order, the sooner you’ll have it- regardless of the approval process. Yesterday is better than today. Today is better than tomorrow.
2 days ago I decided to just trade in a gun to my LGS and picked up a Dead Air Mask and a Griffin Armament Explorr 30cal can. Going to build a BRN180 in 300blk and run the Griffin can on that and buy a Ruger Mark 4 22/45 for the Mask. I think the Ruger and Dead Air combo will end up being my favorite gun to shoot.

2 days ago I decided to just trade in a gun to my LGS and picked up a Dead Air Mask and a Griffin Armament Explorr 30cal can. Going to build a BRN180 in 300blk and run the Griffin can on that and buy a Ruger Mark 4 22/45 for the Mask. I think the Ruger and Dead Air combo will end up being my favorite gun to shoot.
Can't comment on the Griffin can, but you'll love the Mask HD. IMO, it's the best rimfire can currently on the market. You will thoroughly enjoy the 22/45 and Mask setup. You're next step should be a high-quality bolt-action .22LR rifle for the Mask with subsonics. It will become your favorite gun.

Reactions: 30calDeath
Can't comment on the Griffin can, but you'll love the Mask HD. IMO, it's the best rimfire can currently on the market. You will thoroughly enjoy the 22/45 and Mask setup. You're next step should be a high-quality bolt-action .22LR rifle for the Mask with subsonics. It will become your favorite gun.
I'm looking at the Volquartson vm22 or their barreled action in a Grey Birch chassis, but that will definitely be next year.

tracking eforms around several website forums, looks like eforms are all hitting 150-160 days right now, and there's been about a 2 week stoppage of eforms approvals in leu of approving paper forms that are 400 days old.

TBAC Gen 2 Ultra 7 - purchased from Mile High 7/17/2021, dealer texted Sat afternoon, 7/29/2022 that the stamp came in the mail. Paper filed as an individual, sent email to Senator's office a couple of weeks ago requesting they take a look at it. Coincidence that the stamp arrived 2 weeks later, or does congressional oversight actually help?

TBAC Gen 2 Ultra 7 - purchased from Mile High 7/17/2021, dealer texted Sat afternoon, 7/29/2022 that the stamp came in the mail. Paper filed as an individual, sent email to Senator's office a couple of weeks ago requesting they take a look at it. Coincidence that the stamp arrived 2 weeks later, or does congressional oversight actually help?

i definitely think it helped. no way in the sea of 10s of thousands of Form 4s, that its a coincidence.

Purchased 3 cans 8/30/21, cashed 9/21/21.

Just emailed both AZ Senator's and my District's Rep this morning. Hoping this kicks it in gear and the wait ends soon..

Got a response from my representative today. The ATF responded and said that my stamp is in “final processing” and they also noted that the NICS approval was given on 07/11/22. This is the most info I’ve ever received on one of these inquiries. Anyone have any input on how long from the NICS approval until the ATF approves?

Reactions: Baron23
Got a response from my representative today. The ATF responded and said that my stamp is in “final processing” and they also noted that the NICS approval was given on 07/11/22. This is the most info I’ve ever received on one of these inquiries. Anyone have any input on how long from the NICS approval until the ATF approves?
Yeah, it should be done by now.

Reactions: mustang-cars
Yeah, it should be done by now.
Direct language from the ATF today.
“It appears that this application is now just awaiting final processing at the NFA Division.”
I was kind of thinking it should be done as well seeing as everything else is done. Guess we’ll see.

Direct language from the ATF today.
“It appears that this application is now just awaiting final processing at the NFA Division.”
I was kind of thinking it should be done as well seeing as everything else is done. Guess we’ll see.
As far as I can tell, aside from a bit of admin work, the ATF doesn’t do squat. The background check is straight NICS ( and we know what the “I” is supposed to stand for) done by the FBI. Once they send a Proceed back to the ATF, it’s just admin processing, right?

tracking eforms around several website forums, looks like eforms are all hitting 150-160 days right now, and there's been about a 2 week stoppage of eforms approvals in leu of approving paper forms that are 400 days old.
I'm currently at 166 days and counting.

166 days, and this weekends adventure was when I was hoping to use my new can. So logic says it will get approved next Monday haha

Reactions: Bluedog82
Man these E files hit a brick wall. They will be up to a year wait in no time. Leave it to the government to screw up something so easy.
It’ll be interesting to see, when all the paper forms are finally done, if things start to speed up. But that could be a year or more from now, figuring that the last paper forms were December 21 give or take.

It’ll be interesting to see, when all the paper forms are finally done, if things start to speed up. But that could be a year or more from now, figuring that the last paper forms were December 21 give or take.
They already doubled wait times in a matter of 3 months. I would bet money this time next year we are approaching 365 wait times

Well I just got the email that mine was approved, of course I wanted to use it this weekend and already left town so it’s going to miss this trip but atleast it’s approved!!

Submitted 2/18 through Silencer Shop
Approved today
Congrats 👍🏼🤙🏼

Day 175 of "90 day approval times." That jumps up to day 254 if you include the wait from the order date to the "ready to certify" date.

Certified 2/7/22
Approved 8/3/22

177 days total. Waiting on another can as well - sitting at 147 days on that one.

Form 4 (paper)

Trust with 2 Responsible Persons

05/28/2021: Purchased from SilencerShop
06/16/2021: Form 4 sent to AFT
06/24/2021: Check cashed by AFT
07/25/2022: Stamp approved by AFT
08/03/2022: Stamp arrived at dealer