• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My keyboard doesn't have enough Fs and Us to type out what I am thinking...
šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ man I have a damn Govt Security clearance, CWP, never been arrested, already have one suppressor and Iā€™m around 150 days. So donā€™t feel too bad lol.

Reactions: stefan73
Efile
5 form 4s certified on 2/18/22
Approved 1 on 7/29
Approved 2 on 8/2
Still waiting on the other 2

My keyboard doesn't have enough Fs and Us to type out what I am thinking...
36618ED0-B2FB-414C-938B-7CD47A8F420E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30calDeath
šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ man I have a damn Govt Security clearance, CWP, never been arrested, already have one suppressor and Iā€™m around 150 days. So donā€™t feel too bad lol.
None of that matters. When I saw my FFL get delayed.....himself..... I knew without a doubt that it's just a matter of there being no real system. It's completely luck of the draw and when your stuff gets picked up, and by whom. Applying ANY kind of rational to them and how they operate is a fools errand.

Bought 3 cans March 6 2021. Called ATF was told it was pending FBI background check Iā€™ve paid for the suppressors already except sales tax I guess. Am I just stuck in limbo. The ATF said everything filled out right. I donā€™t have common name. Whatā€™s the longest this can take?

Bought 3 cans March 6 2021. Called ATF was told it was pending FBI background check Iā€™ve paid for the suppressors already except sales tax I guess. Am I just stuck in limbo. The ATF said everything filled out right. I donā€™t have common name. Whatā€™s the longest this can take?
How long can it take? How long is a piece of string? Itā€™s an undefined question.

Reactions: stefan73
Whatā€™s the longest wait you have heard of?

Read the last couple pages, mid February is where they seem to be. Iā€™m March 4th, youā€™ve likely got a few weeks at the rate things have been slowing down.

1659702768686.jpeg

Yeah well I wish the dealer didnā€™t tell me they were averaging 3-6 months when I they sold me the cans. I mean does the dealer have to stay in business as long as a string?

Reactions: stefan73 and FuhQ
View attachment 7926807
Yeah well I wish the dealer didnā€™t tell me they were averaging 3-6 months when I they sold me the cans. I mean does the dealer have to stay in business as long as a string?
Well, hopefully, your dealer transfers the cans to a new dealer on a form 3 if s/he is going out of business. But, I have read at least one case of a can stuck in ATF purgatory when a dealer quit the biz, and the buyer was left holding an empty bag. The dealer just ghosted. I don't remember the outcome of that, other than it was a cluster fuck.

But, like above, I have also read 1 or 2 reports of 2 year waits.

But, I feel for you. I am sitting at day 175 of a 90 day wait for an eform4, and also have one on a paper from from October.

It's possible that these guys will be successful before I see that second can...

Reactions: Norm89
Well, hopefully, your dealer transfers the cans to a new dealer on a form 3 if s/he is going out of business. But, I have read at least one case of a can stuck in ATF purgatory when a dealer quit the biz, and the buyer was left holding an empty bag. The dealer just ghosted. I don't remember the outcome of that, other than it was a cluster fuck.

But, like above, I have also read 1 or 2 reports of 2 year waits.

But, I feel for you. I am sitting at day 175 of a 90 day wait for an eform4, and also have one on a paper from from October.

It's possible that these guys will be successful before I see that second can...

here is a little info that i was told by ATF last week when i checked the status of my efile. individuals who are law enforcement that are buying for themselves( not an agency purchase) get priority. i asked just because i heard that from my dealer. i still donā€™t know if itā€™s true or not, but thatā€™s what i was told by the person that answered the phone at ATF. if true, i suppose they consider those folks special. sitting on 160 days myself.

here is a little info that i was told by ATF last week when i checked the status of my efile. individuals who are law enforcement that are buying for themselves( not an agency purchase) get priority. i asked just because i heard that from my dealer. i still donā€™t know if itā€™s true or not, but thatā€™s what i was told by the person that answered the phone at ATF. if true, i suppose they consider those folks special. sitting on 160 days myself.
I dunno how theyā€™d know thatā€¦I am and still waiting at 140ish on my eFile.

I dunno how theyā€™d know thatā€¦I am and still waiting at 140ish on my eFile.
They'd know when the background check comes back. Who knows at what point the check is done and your form sits with a reviewer. Maybe they mark the LEO ones for the reviewer to see in their system?

I am LEO and it took over 13 months for last approved can (check cashed June 15, 2021 approved July 12, 2022). I still have 1 paper Form 4 that is over 12 months and 2 E-File Form 4s that are currently at 151 days and 53 days. I don't see where I am getting any special treatment or priority. I am not asking for any either.

Companies contact representatives. The government doesn't work for corporations. It doesn't say we the corporations. It says we the people.

Besides have you not seen voting shenanigans going on? Are the representatives even 'voted' in or are they pretty much appointed?

Here's your involvement.

[URL

Last edited:
I've not seen any LEO, any Clearance, or anything else speed up cans for personal use. If it isn't through agency, it doesn't seem to matter one bit. I'm not sure why that would matter anyway, but I don't think anyone needs to worry about that. My brother , and a few of my friends have some of the highest clearance the fbi can recognize and it didn't do jack squat for them, nor did they ask for it. In fact, it can cause delays. I don't know if it always does but I know for sure that it can.

They don't have a real system that is applied to all forms so it's literally luck of the draw and who gets your file.

Companies contact representatives. The government doesn't work for corporations. It doesn't say we the corporations. It says we the people.

Besides have you not seen voting shenanigans going on? Are the representatives even 'voted' in or are they pretty much appointed?

Here's your involvement.

"Companies contact representatives. The government doesn't work for corporations"....Really genius???...You ALREADY have forgotten the infamous Mitt Romney quote when you fools thought HE was a viable choiceto lead this nation???....You TRULY don't remember " no no my friend, corporations are people " and the idiocy storm that followed???Of course, it turned out later he was one of the ONLY "republicans"(lol) that had the balls and backbone to act and actually stand up to that moron that took away bump stocks and was talking about how he thought taking our guns before our day in court was a reasonable option....You right wing clowns have the most selective memories EVER put on this earth....FAR more than even my WIFE!!!!....As a gun owning Democrat, I admit I'm having a hard time getting knee-jerk "leaders to actually LOOK at reality and see we're the ones PAYING taxes, for hunting licenses, land leases, AND LAND PURCHASES for hunting, ect, and I OBVIOUSLY don't agree with bans ect. on guns, but COMPROMISE on both sides WILL GET THING CHANGED....And moving again, I JUST ordered 2 shotguns off of RK Guns and am WAITING FOR THEM to be SHIPPED to my local store, so WHY can't people WAIT a few days for a damned BACKGROUND CHECK!!!...***NOW*** I will say it'd damned sure be nice to have the background check working and done by the time I could pick them up instead of having to go inside and do the paperwork then, so THERE is just one thing that COULD get fixed with the PROPER person making the rules....Don't need to have a "D" or "R" by the name, don't give a damn as long as the changes are made and done soon.....

A few days? 176 and counting on a ā€œ90 day waitā€ for a welded tube with no capability on its own to propel a projectile. Fuck you. Fuck the gun grabbers on both sides. Double fuck the ATF.

"Companies contact representatives. The government doesn't work for corporations"....Really genius???...You ALREADY have forgotten the infamous Mitt Romney quote when you fools thought HE was a viable choiceto lead this nation???....You TRULY don't remember " no no my friend, corporations are people " and the idiocy storm that followed???Of course, it turned out later he was one of the ONLY "republicans"(lol) that had the balls and backbone to act and actually stand up to that moron that took away bump stocks and was talking about how he thought taking our guns before our day in court was a reasonable option....You right wing clowns have the most selective memories EVER put on this earth....FAR more than even my WIFE!!!!....As a gun owning Democrat, I admit I'm having a hard time getting knee-jerk "leaders to actually LOOK at reality and see we're the ones PAYING taxes, for hunting licenses, land leases, AND LAND PURCHASES for hunting, ect, and I OBVIOUSLY don't agree with bans ect. on guns, but COMPROMISE on both sides WILL GET THING CHANGED....And moving again, I JUST ordered 2 shotguns off of RK Guns and am WAITING FOR THEM to be SHIPPED to my local store, so WHY can't people WAIT a few days for a damned BACKGROUND CHECK!!!...***NOW*** I will say it'd damned sure be nice to have the background check working and done by the time I could pick them up instead of having to go inside and do the paperwork then, so THERE is just one thing that COULD get fixed with the PROPER person making the rules....Don't need to have a "D" or "R" by the name, don't give a damn as long as the changes are made and done soon.....
Glad you told us all what you are. This isn't the arena for that though, and will get you banned, just so you know.

Who invited the faggot?

I think I'll get ahold of my Congressman the day after my tax stamp gets cashed, think that will help? Lol

I'd just be happy if I got my two cans by Christmas

1659926455259.jpeg

Wow, you kiss your boyfriend with that mouth? Are you also a "proud cat-dad", and have pronouns in your bio's on social media? šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

the atf website clams they are working overtime, to include weekends to process stamps. has anyone been approved on a saturday or sunday ? or after normal working hours?

Actually, yes, at least on the Form 1 side of the house. I've had not just approvals come through at odd times, but when something got boned in the old eForms system on the ATF's side, I was getting personal correspondence from an examiner at basically all times of the day (if member serves me correctly, one email came through at 3AM on a Sunday morning). So I'm not supportive of this trend of shitting on the examiners - personal experience tells me they are doing everything possible to deal with what is likely an impossible tall stack of paperwork.

I just had a paper application go past 365 days with no movement - the longest I've personally experienced, but completely typical nowadays.

I don't know if it was already posted here, so apologies in advance if this is a repost:

The NFA Division continues to receive an unprecedented volume of applications. For example, in a prior week, the NFA Division received over 32,000 combined NFA applications.

That's a shit-ton of applications - more than 1.5 million on a annualized basis, or perhaps ~5% of total yearly firearm retail sales volume.

Reactions: AirgunnerPCP
thanks for the information. my question is this, why canā€™t and why wonā€™t the ATF tell people this when they call to check their status? all they say is ā€œpendingā€. with no explanation of what that actually means. (at least thatā€™s all they told me) communication is a tool and if used properly, can be used to avoid misunderstandings and solve problems. if you check their webpage it states that the average wait time is 100 days for efile and yet this info says they stated 150-160 days. that info on their webpage was just recently updated from sept-2021. they should provide this info to everyone that calls, it shouldnā€™t take someone from congress to write a letter or make a call on our behalf.

yea, i know, iā€™m wasting my breath, itā€™s a government agency.

Reactions: Norm89
Yes, itā€™s bullshit that we have to pay the government $200 for a permission slip. Yes, itā€™s bullshit that it takes forever. Bottom line is, you canā€™t do anything about it, and calling isnā€™t going to change anything for 99.9% of cases. The best thing you can do is file your paperwork and forget it even exists, until you are one day reminded it does when you receive your stamp.

Reactions: FuhQ and Norm89
Yes, itā€™s bullshit that we have to pay the government $200 for a permission slip. Yes, itā€™s bullshit that it takes forever. Bottom line is, you canā€™t do anything about it, and calling isnā€™t going to change anything for 99.9% of cases. The best thing you can do is file your paperwork and forget it even exists, until you are one day reminded it does when you receive your stamp.
This, and kill the notifications for this threadā€¦

Reactions: Norm89 and kthomas
Actually, yes, at least on the Form 1 side of the house. I've had not just approvals come through at odd times, but when something got boned in the old eForms system on the ATF's side, I was getting personal correspondence from an examiner at basically all times of the day (if member serves me correctly, one email came through at 3AM on a Sunday morning). So I'm not supportive of this trend of shitting on the examiners - personal experience tells me they are doing everything possible to deal with what is likely an impossible tall stack of paperwork.

I just had a paper application go past 365 days with no movement - the longest I've personally experienced, but completely typical nowadays.

I don't know if it was already posted here, so apologies in advance if this is a repost:

That's a shit-ton of applications - more than 1.5 million on a annualized basis, or perhaps ~5% of total yearly firearm retail sales volume.

I agree completely. There's a lot of misdirected frustration and plain ignorance when it comes to NFA stuff. Based on approvals I've had come through, they're definitely working around the clock to get forms done, it's the sheer number of forms that are coming through that keeps pushing things back. It's surprising that the rollout of eForms has gone as smoothly as it has...

Reactions: E. Bryant
I agree completely. There's a lot of misdirected frustration and plain ignorance when it comes to NFA stuff. Based on approvals I've had come through, they're definitely working around the clock to get forms done, it's the sheer number of forms that are coming through that keeps pushing things back. It's surprising that the rollout of eForms has gone as smoothly as it has...
I submitted mine March 6, 2021 where should my frustration be directed? Because this is my first time and I am ignorant of the process.

@Norm89

Your Congressional representatives. Some folks say to not bother before some arbitrary number of days but that's dumb (in my opinion). Bug them because that's what they're there for. I feel for you though, your wait time is ridiculous. Do you typically get delayed when buying firearms?

My point is that there's no reason to get angry at the examiners. It's not like they have power to change the process. That's like yelling at the cashier at Mcdonald's that your soda has too much sugar. Pointless and annoying. They have no control over the formulation of the product and the information about the contents is there for the consumer to determine if they want to make purchase.

Exactly... And now that we all are using eForms and the ATF actually notifies you when you're approved, folks shouldn't even be calling and bugging the fuck out of them asking, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

I've had 2 of my paper forms go over a year recently (14 & 13 months), so I understand, but bugging the fuck out of the examiners is not going to make them process your shit any faster. Actually, I've often wondered if it pisses them off, and makes them toss your shit to the bottom of the stack, if you're constantly calling and bugging them every couple weeks. I know I've done that with contractors at my old job, when they kept bitching about "needing" their blueprints right now, as if they're they were the only job I was working on. Keep calling, or act like a douche, and you get tossed to the bottom of the stack.

Suppressors have become SUCH common-use over the lasts 5 years (to the tune of millions in common-use circulation), and like 43 out of 50 states they are 100% legal to own and, most all of those states you can hunt with them, too. I wonder if they can now use the Bruen/Heller/Miller decisions to remove them from the NFA?

A few days? 176 and counting on a ā€œ90 day waitā€ for a welded tube with no capability on its own to propel a projectile. Fuck you. Fuck the gun grabbers on both sides. Double fuck the ATF.
Way better than form 4. I filed long before efile was an option. Iā€™m over 400days since I actually paid for the can. About 350 since they cashed my $200 checks. My first can was 18 months from check cashedā€¦

• Angry
Reactions: GhostFace