• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

There is no way to tell any of this. One thing is pretty consistent it's been 10-14 months since 2016.

An interesting experiment would be for anyone buying 2 cans for BF…submit both on the same day, 1 paper and 1 eform, and see which comes back first.

An interesting experiment would be for anyone buying 2 cans for BF…submit both on the same day, 1 paper and 1 eform, and see which comes back first.

I don't think that'll have any bearing on anything. The eforms can't even get it right on eforms submitted the same day by the same owner and FFL. I've got one at 77 day approval. The other still pending at 240

Reactions: Bluedog82
Call to ATF revealed my paper F4 was approved September 14. Still no stamp after two requests for certified copy.
Your stamp is supposed to be ailed to your dealer, not to you. Have you contacted your dealer?

I was thinking the same the same thing. Tens of thousands of form 1s would definitely back log the system.
That's why I filed my F1 SBR two weeks ago. I didn't want to get caught in another ATF clusterfuck. If the brace ban doesn't happen......cool. I'll still have a SBR :cool:

ETA: Holy shit!!! eForm 1 was submitted 11/15/2022. Prints were mailed 11/16/2022 and received at ATF on 11/21/2022. I just got my approval email 30 minutes ago. 15 days total, and only 9 since they received prints.

Thank you Carol Ripley!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 07SGT4623
You think its bad now, wait til the pistol brace amnesty shitshow if it happens.
Fuck those clowns, I'll just Form 1 SBR the damn things and put real GD stock on them. Barrel length laws are retarded anyway. The ATF and NFA are 100% unconstitutional. The fact the NFA even exists in the first place is bullshit.

Makes it hard to justify. Paper form may be the way to go from now on with how easy it is to get denied on eforms.
What are you talking about? It's just as easy to get denied on a paper form. Denied is denied based on NICS or clerical error on your paperwork. They're the same thing, one is just paper, one is electronic... Whoever told you that was a moron.

Intended consequences are intended…
No doubt. The best thing that could happen is this proving the need to remove SBR/SBS/AOW from the NFA registry. Same with suppressors, now that they are becoming extremely common-use.

I believe they have already well passed the common use numbers.

Big thing to watch regarding suppressors is the Texas v. ATF case. Should be an initial judgment made very soon, and then it'll probably be appealed.
I have been. I can’t wait to watch the ATF squirm in court trying to defend this one. Either they ARE “bearable arms”, in which case they have absolutely ZERO legal right to tax a guaranteed RIGHT… Or, they’re NOT “bearable arms”, in which case why the fuck are they being regulated in the first place? 😏😏😏

I don’t see this one going well for the ATF… 👍🏼

I dont get the pistol brace thing? Assuming it can remain in pistol configuration until you get an SBR stamp? Who's to say people don't keep it that way and just claim it's in limbo with the ATF..?

I dont get the pistol brace thing? Assuming it can remain in pistol configuration until you get an SBR stamp? Who's to say people don't keep it that way and just claim it's in limbo with the ATF..?
#1) Creepy Joe and the PervoCrats want as many guns registered as possible... Registration ALWAYS leads to confiscation.

#2) The government doesn't like the fact that an AR pistol with a brace is treated like any other handgun, and can cross state lines and be carried concealed in the vehicle without special permission and paperwork.

#3) The government always wants more control when they get tyrannically out of control, as they currently are.

#4) The government wants that $200 extortion fee per item so they can misappropriate it back into their own pockets through money laundering schemes like the Sam Friedman and his FTX crypto company that laundered billions for the Dems and Ukraine after staled billions of OUR taxpayer money.

If I have to register the damn things, I'm not keeping those retarded flexible braces on there...They're gettin SBR'd and REAL buttstocks put on them.

#1) Creepy Joe and the PervoCrats want as many guns registered as possible... Registration ALWAYS leads to confiscation.

#2) The government doesn't like the fact that an AR pistol with a brace is treated like any other handgun, and can cross state lines and be carried concealed in the vehicle without special permission and paperwork.

#3) The government always wants more control when they get tyrannically out of control, as they currently are.

#4) The government wants that $200 extortion fee per item so they can misappropriate it back into their own pockets through money laundering schemes like the Sam Friedman and his FTX crypto company that laundered billions for the Dems and Ukraine after staled billions of OUR taxpayer money.

If I have to register the damn things, I'm not keeping those retarded flexible braces on there...They're gettin SBR'd and REAL buttstocks put on them.
Yeah I get all of that but that doesn't mean that you cannot just create a form 1, but never submit it and claim your waiting on the ATF. Who would enforce that?

I have an Ultra7 I'm waiting on via efile. Understand processing looks like March right now. Mine was certified 7/24/2022 and was wondering where I can find my control number. ATF website shows nothing and I cannot find anything related on Silencer Shop Portal. Thanks.

I have an Ultra7 I'm waiting on via efile. Understand processing looks like March right now. Mine was certified 7/24/2022 and was wondering where I can find my control number. ATF website shows nothing and I cannot find anything related on Silencer Shop Portal. Thanks.
Should be on the email they sent you when you submitted/certified it. You’ve got at least 3-4 months of waiting yet though at this rate, could easily be 6+

Should be on the email they sent you when you submitted/certified it. You’ve got at least 3-4 months of waiting yet though at this rate, could easily be 6+
Must've overlooked the email but found it now. Thanks! 2022654xxx. I've been following this thread periodically and figured it'll be March hopefully....

I’m finally starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel with mine certified on 4/7/2022. Might just have it by next summer.

When you get an eform approved does the stamp come in an email? And then print it out to take to your dealer?

When you get an eform approved does the stamp come in an email? And then print it out to take to your dealer?
It comes attached as a pdf yeah. Your dealer gets the same email so you don’t need to print anything out.

1669937028186.png

Interesting, and depressing, that trend is definitely going up. I am very curious what the story is on those outliers that are half the time or less of all the approvals around them.
Likely either cherry picked to bring the average down, and/or expedited for duty/PCS/gun store going out of business, etc.

DOJ told ATF to target 90 days for form 4 approvals, is there any incentive for hitting that mark? Or consequences for not hitting it? Probably a silly question. I am curious though at what point are they required to staff up if that's the issue?

I have never understood why tf a form 1 takes a month and a form 4 takes about a year. If people are still getting form 1s cleared quickly (they are), then the whole FBI background check backlog and short handed thing is bullshit.

Likely either cherry picked to bring the average down, and/or expedited for duty/PCS/gun store going out of business, etc.
Not going out of business……..

I have a suppressor I purchased Nov 2021 that the FFL / SOT decided to move and shut down shortly after receiving. since it went through silencer shop, they were anticipating e-file. Then the FFL / SOT transferred his inventory a couple of times and blah blah blah I certified in june 2022.

So I figure by the time I get that suppressor, it will be 15-18 months total time. I should have just bought another one but “….. 90 Days…..”