• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Form 4 wait time

ThunderBeast 30P-1
AAC Pilot 2
Type: Individual
Mailed: 11/22/11
Check Cashed: 12/09/11
Pending:?
Approved: 06/11/12
Received: 06/19/12
Examiner: Santamaria
Just picked them up yesterday, my first cans. Now to get some barrels threaded.
grin.gif

question for those who may have some imput....
I heard that wait time is about half if you purchase/transfer directly from the manufacture. I heard that it is because they do not have to transfer the can to a dealer before transfering it to you.
Has anyone heard of this or is it marking propaganda to get people to buy from the local guys?
I was under the assumption that if the dealer had the can in stock, that it had already been transfered to them. Am I wrong on that?

If you purchase directly from the manufacture you avoid the wait for the form 3 to clear. It is taking about 60 days right now for form 3's to clear. The form 3 is a tax-exempt transfer between manufactures and dealers or dealers and dealers. To purchase directly from a manufacture, you must be in their state and be willing to go in person to pick it up.

However, If a dealer has a can actually in stock (be sure you actually see the specific one), then the transfer times will be be the same. If the dealer has it in stock, you should be able to pay for it and fill out and mail the form 4's on the same day instead of waiting for it to transfer to the dealer. A dealer usually wants the can in his hand before he will send in the form 4's.

Silencerco Sparrow

Type: Trust
Bought: 12/6/12
Check processed: 12/29/12
Approved: 6/13/12
Received: 6/20/12
Examiner: Sara B. Jones

I was just told the they have 30days to mail the stamp after approval. I was approved 6/10 but the rude lady on the phone was very happy to tell me I had another month.

LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crackerbacks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was approved 6/10 but the rude lady on the phone was very happy to tell me I had another month. </div></div>

ddd007- thanks for the clarification. Luckily for me Gem-Tech is about a 20 minute drive from my house. And my quicksand will be ready next week. So then my form 4 wait can begin.

Mailed mine in 04/15/2012
Cashed my check 04/22/2012
........Went pending 06/06/2012
They told me it won't be approved until at least January 2013
FML

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spoon063</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mailed mine in 04/15/2012
FML </div></div>

That is bullshit! I'm in the same time frame your in.... Considering I paid for my can late January and sent my forms in late April... Damn near a year wait! This process is absolute shit. Law abiding citizens get the back burner here. I wonder how much of an up roar would be started if welfare took this long to process.

Yep, not to mention the 10 weeks it took for the can to come in. The only good thing for me is I work for the FFL that it's being transferred from... so I get to "test" it under the company since I'm covered under the form III/LLC. I wish I had more pull than that however.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spoon063</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mailed mine in 04/15/2012
FML </div></div>

Remember you all..... what those operators that answer the phones tell you, and what's really happening are 2 different things. They are not examiners, they answer phones and look at a computer screen. Take what they say with a grain of salt.

I couldn't agree more, but while we're talking about this... I just had one get returned to us a few minutes ago for having "N/A" in the "other markings" field on the form and "trust issues" meaning the terminology used in the trust. Word on the street is there is a new guy working along with Dana Pickles that's a dick. He considers "N/A" to be physical marking if it's written in that field. He is also apparently going through trusts reading the actual layouts and deciding to return them based upon such. Take this with a grain of salt, but I did jsut read it with my own eyes.

I got my last few back for a spelling error on my trust. Now that seems normal but keep in mine my first 11-12 were with the same spelling error go figure. PG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my last few back for a spelling error on my trust.</div></div>

What kind of spelling error? Something that doesn't matter (a random word spelled wrong, but still clear what is meant?) or was it more like a person's name misspelled (in which case I could understand ATF not letting it through...)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spoon063</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I couldn't agree more, but while we're talking about this... I just had one get returned to us a few minutes ago for having "N/A" in the "other markings" field on the form and "trust issues" meaning the terminology used in the trust. Word on the street is there is a new guy working along with Dana Pickles that's a dick. He considers "N/A" to be physical marking if it's written in that field. He is also apparently going through trusts reading the actual layouts and deciding to return them based upon such. Take this with a grain of salt, but I did jsut read it with my own eyes. </div></div>

Not sure why it would come back for that. I have N/A in every block and am getting them back no problem. Talked to Dana directly last week and he told me what they were doing. There is a new emphasis on making sure everything is right on the form in comparison to the database...have had a to fix a few items that came to me with different issues on Form 3s and 4s (barrel length, manufacturer address, etc). Just took a letter..a one week turn around.

Yes, they are looking more closely at trusts. Expect the end of the "quicken" generic since most of them are probably invalid in the state they were produced in. Almost every one of those that I have seen has had some glaring error on it.

For Virginia, we are seeing forms submitted in January...there is a noticeable speed up in the last four weeks.

Yeah I have no idea either. I completely understand clearing out the bs trusts out there, as I've seen some really hokie ones come through lately. We always put N/A in the blank fields and never had an issue. It was clear as day in the attached letter and highlighted on the form so (being that it's saturday) I called our neighboring shop, and they validated seeing 2 forms come back to their shop this month for the exact same thing... So I don't really know at that rate

I finally got my paperwork sent off on 06/19/2012. It took 12 weeks to get my suppressor from Mile High in CO to my dealer here in UT. I was told approximately 7 months for approval. I hope it's worth the wait and the headache.

12 weeks is that all! I had to wait 6 months. I had the option to drive down to SAS myself but I didn't want to make the drive. 2 hour drive there and back, would have been better that 6 months. Its been at my dealer here in town now for a month and sent my paper work off the same day.
I may have had my Arbiter Ti alread if I would have just made that damn drive.
But who knows, they are now moving so I don't know how I would have got my suppressor. Guess they would have shiped it to me after it cleared. It is a pain in the ass to get something so simple. As you said I hope it is worth it.
Maybe I should have orderd a Thunderbeast.

I ordered a SAS can as well but Mile High had one in stock to ship. If I would have known it would be such a joke getting everyhting done I would have spent the money on something else.

just dropped two form IV @ the post office. Let see if with the new help we get these back in 6 weeks
smile.gif

does anyone here know of any form 4s with a pending more recent than January 25th getting approved? When I checked a few days ago, there were January 25th pendings starting to roll through.

Just checking to see if the ATF has kept up with the torrid pace they have been on since wait times started to diminsh when stamped december form 4s started to get approved.

After your Form 4 is approved by ATF, how long does it take for your dealer to get it? Is it approved, stamped and then mailed out same day, or are there anyother delays that take place once the back ground guy does his job?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crackerbacks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just told the they have 30days to mail the stamp after approval. I was approved 6/10 but the rude lady on the phone was very happy to tell me I had another month. </div></div>

Jackalope, you gotta scroll up and read first, my friend

My last two only took about a week to get to TBAC from the BATF. Just a shade over 6 monthes from the day I sent the forms to when I had cans in hand.

Ive seen them anywhere from the average 2-3 days, to a little over 2 weeks. One of mine was approved but they held off another 11 days to mail it in the same envelope as my co-workers.

and I mis-typed my info ealier...
Mailed mine in 04/15/2012
Shot it at a match on 05/27/2012
wink.gif

wow...

According to nfatracker, there was an individual with a mid february pending who just received their tax stamp back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uracowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow...

According to nfatracker, there was an individual with a mid february pending who just received their tax stamp back. </div></div>

One can only hope that's the trend and not a statistical outlier.

Wait, he didn't even submit until March 22nd and was approved late last week?!?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come on Sara! Start plowing through that Texas pile!</div></div>

I know that's right!

My documents from Shark should be at the house tomorrow. Then I have to go visit the Police Chief that's a bud of mine and mail off the documents. Hopefully I'll get it in by December when I'm hunting coyotes, hogs and deer all at once.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait, he didn't even submit until March 22nd and was approved late last week?!?</div></div>

Too weird. Was barely five years ago that 6-8 weeks was the norm.

I'm a realist. Not expecting my latest one until October (went pending early April).

I have a form 4 that I had signed a couple of months ago, is there any time limit on how soon they have to be sent in after they are signed by LE.

That may have been a "correction" submission. I have one here that shows two weeks
smile.gif

Yes, they are blazing through the stacks. I haven't seen anything past January yet but on the current pace, I think Virginia will be in Febs forms within a week.

They shuffled the states that the examiners work thru. So some of them got lightened loads and with the additions of examiners assistants..... things are picking up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KACstealth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I submitted mine on jan 10th and have not heard anything back yet? im in Virginia </div></div>

Keep waiting!

Form 4 - Suppressor

Trust
Sent: ?
Pending: 1-23-12
Approved: 6-25-12
Picked up:
Examiner: Dana Pickles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KACstealth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I submitted mine on jan 10th and have not heard anything back yet? im in Virginia </div></div>

Keep waiting! </div></div>

HAHA THANKS

YHM .338 Phantom
Form 4
Sent Feb.15 2012
Check cashed Feb.22 2012
Pending Mar.8 2012
Approved.
Received.
Examiner.

When something goes "pending", does that mean its in the examiners pile of work to do? Or does it mean the secretary just put it in the system, cashed the check, then it gets shipped off to the examiner?

I have gotten four new items in the last few days. Three from Mid December where I had a spelling error hold it up. The other late December is when the check was cashed. They are on a Trust in Texas.

AWC .45 Ti Triad
AWC .30 Thor Ti
AWC .22 Ti forget the new name
Gemtech .22 Digicam Outback II

Four more should be about a month out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have gotten four new items in the last few days. Three from Mid December where I had a spelling error hold it up. The other late December is when the check was cashed. They are on a Trust in Texas.

AWC .45 Ti Triad
AWC .30 Thor Ti
AWC .22 Ti forget the new name
Gemtech .22 Digicam Outback II

Four more should be about a month out.

</div></div>

751animated-obama-money.gif