• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I just called on mine for the first time.....just for giggles.
The gentleman on the phone stated that it should be completed in the next 60 days.

I hope he is wrong because it has already been over 6 months.

You hope he's wrong and that it's not completed within the next 60 days? Odd thing to hope for considering you've waited over 6 months already.

I meant I hope it doesn't take an additional 60 days.....but I have a feeling you knew that.
8 months is a bit ridiculous.

60 days is their standard response once an application is sent to the examiner. To get a better sense for it, ask when it was sent to the examiner.

FINALLY!!!

Form 1 SBR
Trust
Forms sent 11/13/2012
Check cashed 11/26/2012
Pending 12/07/2012
Approved - 06/13/2013
Received - 06/21/2013

Examiner - S. Siviero (or however it's spelled)

NFA Item: Griffin M4-SDII
Trust
Forms Sent: Don't remember
Check cashed: Don't know, dealer paid for stamp
Pending: 2/25/2013
Approved:
Received:
Examiner: S.

Called today and the lady said it went to the examiner for approval on July 16th and that is currently running 60 days.

Just called on my RSTA can and it went pending on Jan 29th and she said they are running 9 months now on approvals!!!

^^^ Called on my two Templar Tactical suppressors, the checks both cashed first week of January and was told to expect them in September. So 9 months is about right.

Silencerco Sparrow
Form 4 to Trust
Forms sent 10-26-12
Check cashed 11-07-12
Pending 12-31-12
Approved 06-19-13
Received stamp 06-26-12

Sent 4 form 4's the last week of December. They all came back at the end of May with corrections needed.

So I have a question:

I fixed all the errors and sent them back, how long should I expect after they receive them before they are approved?

Thanks

Sent 4 form 4's the last week of December. They all came back at the end of May with corrections needed.

So I have a question:

I fixed all the errors and sent them back, how long should I expect after they receive them before they are approved?

Thanks

On a Form 1 and Form 4 I corrected in May it took 4 weeks to have stamp in hand. Just in February it was two weeks

I finally decided to call and check today

TBAC 30P-1
Form 4 Trust - Washington
Forms mailed: 23 Jan 2013
Check cashed: 6 Feb 2013
Pending: 15 March 2013
Approved: ?
Received: ?

^^^ Called on my two Templar Tactical suppressors, the checks both cashed first week of January and was told to expect them in September. So 9 months is about right.

That's what they tell you, but it I wouldn't be surprised if you got it in 7

I've been waiting since Nov on 2 form 4's. They went for signature on 5/13 and was told that was running 60 days. I would say 7.5 to 8 months would be a conservative estimate.

Have several Templar Tactical cans that went pending March 13th and 14th. Strange they were in the same packet sent in... They are saying I will not see it till December now.

Have several Templar Tactical cans that went pending March 13th and 14th. Strange they were in the same packet sent in... They are saying I will not see it till December now.

Fuuuuuuck. Sent mine for my first TTF first of February, went pending with yours. It hurts bad that we lost Sara Jones.

Sent my second one in on 1-2-13 and it went pending 1-28-13. The guy I spoke with at NFA branch estimates it will be processed by August. I was hoping it would be a little quicker but don't we all.

Just to give some perspective on how wildly different these folks estimations can be...I currently have the following pending...

F1 Trust SBR
Arrived 1/11/13
Cashed 1/23/13
Pending 2/22/13

F4 Trust 762SDN6
Arrived 2/28/13
Cashed 3/5/13
Pending 4/24/13

On my call last week I was told October/Nov on the Form 1
and Dec/Jan on the Form 4...was also told these times are trending up. My guess is the Sandy Hook related buying deluge is coming full force and will negatively impact approval times for many months to come...It may well reach beyond 12 months.

Forms sent: December '12
Pending: Jan 9th, '13
Approved: June 26th, '13
Received: July 3rd, '13

Today: Celebrating Independence Day with lots of suppressed noises.

Sandra Snook examiner.

TBAC 30P1
Forms sent early December
Check cashed December 11
Received stamp July 1

Thought I could get my barrel threaded in a week but GAP is saying 4-6 weeks. I wanted to have the suppressor before having the barrel threaded but I wish I would have had it done while I was waiting.

Form 4 Individual TBAC 30BA
Sent:04/15/13
Check cashed:04/15/2013
Pending:06/24/2013
Approval:............

I called today and they said it should be ready by March that's 1 month shy from a whole year wait! :(

Sent check in Mar 2013
Cashed apr 2013
May 2013 was told they hold up process for 2 months to make sure cashiers check clears
Jun 2013 Pending was told I might get it by Mar 2014.

TBAC 30P1
Check cashed December 11
Received stamp July 1

Thought I could get my barrel threaded in a week but GAP is saying 4-6 weeks. I wanted to have the suppressor before having the barrel threaded but I wish I would have had it done while I was waiting.

Nice to see a December cashed check getting a stamp back.

TBAC 30P1
Check cashed December 11
Received stamp July 1

GAP does all my threading. No need to have can in hand, tell them what you want and it will be done right. I usually drop them off and pick them up a month later on the way through town. They are always done. :)

Form 1 Trust Saker 5.56
Sent 07/10/13
Check cashed 07/19/13
pending 09/06/2013
Approved 04/04/2014
Received 04/17/2014

Last edited:
Form 4 individual.
AAC Cyclone
Sent paperwork in on Dec 20th.
Check Cashed Dec 26th.
Went pending Jan 15th.
Approved July 3rd.
Stamp should be here today or tomorrow..

just under 6 months from pending till approved..

Sent in a form 4 for a Templar can last week. Check was cashed today. I'll let everyone know when I get my approval. If everything goes well I figuring Dec '13 or Jan '14.

I'm feeling hopeful. I'm seeing some sent in within two weeks of mine starting to come back. Mailed mine in on jan 2 and went pending Jan 28. Called once a month ago and they told me August. Been using my 30p-1 a good bit but I'm sitting on some 22 LR that I can't wait to burn through my xcalibur can when the stamp comes in. I shot it at my dealers shop on my MP22 pistol and it was sweet!

2 TBAC Cans
Form 4 (trust) mailed 12/13/12
Check cashed 12/18/12
Pending 1/9/13
Approved 7/8/13
Stamps Rec'd. 7/11/13

Mailed to Rec'd 210 days or 7 months.

I got an email from SilencerShop on July 8th for a Tirant 45 that went pending January 10th. I am going to have to wait until the 17th to pick it up, I'm out of the country for work till the 16th. :(

The wait is killing me. Form 4 paperwork sent on December 17th. Called June 20th and was told should only be 30ish more days. I keep checking the NFA tracker and comparing my sent days to others. Am starting to see stamps coming in from around the same time. It's been a long painful 7 months.

Form 4 Individual TBAC 30BA
Sent:04/15/13
Check cashed:04/15/2013
Pending:06/24/2013
Approval:............

I called today and they said it should be ready by March that's 1 month shy from a whole year wait! :(

Like you and FortyFive2Life I'm in the same time frame and like you, approval and receipt in March 2014. That's just too flippin long!!!

Mine took 6 months to go pending from my check being cashed. I was told sixty days from the day it went pending. Not sure what to think since most on here go pending within 2 months of the check being cashed. Anyone have a similar experience?

Here is a good link directly from ATF:

Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - National Firearms Act (NFA) - Processing Times | ATF

I just called their number. I was advised that it was transferred to the examiner on 6/25/13 and it would be examined within 60 days. So, with it going pending on 2/27/13, it would be exactly 6 months.

Purchased: 11/26/13
Transferred on Form 1 to my local dealer: 1/2/13
Paperwork sent for Form 4 trust: 1/18/13
Forms Arrived: 1/21/13
Pending status: 2/27/13

If you look at the NFA tracker at NFATracker.com ATF Form 1 and Form 4 Tracking website you will see that most of them are getting approved 6 months from pending status. It would appear that they are not putting into pending status until they know it will be completed within that 6 months timeframe. So they delay with the pending status.

So I am guessing end of August, beginning of September, making it 9-10 months since my purchase date. Keeping my fingers crossed.