• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Did you send them in the same envelope? I always send mine in a large envelope with the brass clasp inside a "priority mail" envelope. 2 years ago I got 3 back the same day and this year I got 7 back on the same day.
But to answer McLean NO, same procedure every time.

Just a quick bit of info.
I got off the phone with the NFA branch today she told me they are processing mid to late June right now and are seeing an average turn around of 9 months.
the best part was she said I should have my approval any day now!!!

Just a quick bit of info.
I got off the phone with the NFA branch today she told me they are processing mid to late June right now and are seeing an average turn around of 9 months.
the best part was she said I should have my approval any day now!!!

Damn, i'm early july :(

Sico spectre 2. Pending 6/24, Arrived at dealer today, 3/27. Approval date is unknown, maybe 3/20 or so. Right around 9 months.

SAS Eadrom and SAS Reaper MX
Sent to ATF 6/16/2016 together
approved 3/21
Picked up 2 stamps from dealer and cans today 3/29/2017

Last edited:
Damnit, I've got 3 in Texas that were approved March 15th but haven't been contacted by the dealer if they have the stamps. Seems everyone else is seeing stamps in hand a week after approval.

My LGS said that I had to have fingerprint and photo for the beneficiary of my trust, even though my trust was established before the new laws. Is this correct?

My LGS said that I had to have fingerprint and photo for the beneficiary of my trust, even though my trust was established before the new laws. Is this correct?

Yes. Doesnt matter when the trust was established. If youre going to submit paperwork following 41f then everyone will need to submit prints.

Thats why I contributed to the pre rule change surge, I wasnt going to make my father go out and get printed so I could buy another toy following it.

Form 4 Trust
SilencerCo. Omega
Gentech Mist-22
Submitted 6/15/16
No idea when the check was cashed or when they were approved.
Picking them up 3/30/17

Last edited:
My buddy in Colorado:

Form 4 Trust
TBAC Ultra 9
Mailed: June 9th, 2016
Check cashed: June 15th,2016
Approved: March 19th 2017
Received: Today March 30th, 2017

Form 4 Trust:
Purchased 2/9/2016
Form 3 Submited2/17/16
Form 3 Approved5/18/16
Form 4 Mailed5/27/16
Check Cashed6/3/16
Form 4 Approved ?
Picked Up 3/27/17

Last edited:
I'm dying to see some approvals from checks cashed in July. Two checks cashed on July 27th and desperately hoping to my approval this month (but realistically acknowledging it'll likely be in May).

I got two of my Form 4 back today that were submitted on 7 June, so there's hope!!

Just bringing it over from Scout.
Individual Trust

SilencerCo Omega

Purchased: 7/7/2016

Mailed: 7/9/2016

Cashed: 7/19/2016

Pending: ?

Approved: ?

My check was cashed on 7/19/16 also. Hoping by end of the month with end of June coming through. Also hoping it made it through before that huge shipment silencer shop sent in.

Just bringing it over from Scout.
Individual Trust

SilencerCo Omega

Purchased: 7/7/2016

Mailed: 7/9/2016

Cashed: 7/19/2016

Pending: ?

Approved: ?

2 SAS Eadrum 556 and SAS Reaper MX 30
mailed off 3 postal MO 6/22/2016
don't have to wait for personal check to clear
received 3 stamps at dealer 4/3/2017
picked up from dealer 4/4/2017

What's everyone thinking wait times will look like for forms submitted now? I know ones currently coming back were submitted 9 months ago, but from reading the NFA tracker posts and this page it looks like they're almost through what was submitted in the rush prior to 41F. It would seem that submissions after the change should have tanked, given the additional hassle, the numbers that were bought in mid 2016, and the people waiting on HPA, so unless the examiners all decide to go on vacation I'm hoping July - current might go pretty fast. Anyone have any insight?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm submitting forms for an Octane 45 and an MPX and I need some hope!

Will

Finally!!!

Rugged Surge 762
Form 4 Trust
Submitted 6/16/16
Check Cashed 6/27/16
Form 3 Approved 8/15/16
Form 4 Approved 4/4/17
Stamp to Dealer 4/7/17

Rugged Obsidian 45
Form 4 Trust
Submitted 7/5/16
Check Cashed 7/12/16
Form 3 Approved 11/16/16
Form 4 Approved **Pending**

Last edited:
Form 4 Trust
Check cashed on 06/22/2016
Approved on 03/17/2017
Stamp mailed on 03/29/2017
Stamp received on 04/08/2017

Form 4 trust
purchased: 5-4-16
Form 3:?
form 4 submitted: 6-8-16
check cashed: 6-30-16
Form 4 approved: 3-31-17
stamp at dealer: 4-8-17

Sig Sauer SRD762Ti-QD, AKA The Tactical Buttplug
Form 4 Trust
Purchased: 5/20/2016
Form 4 Submitted: Unknown
Check Cashed: Unknown
Form 4 Approved by Heather Thompson: 4/4/2017
Stamp Arrival @ Dealer: 4/11/2017

Check cashed 7/27/16 - 259 days and counting. I get pissed every time I see this thread or look at the NFA tracker info. Patience is a virtue.......yeah, yeah....whatever......... And I feel like every time I call, they take my paperwork and shuffle it down the stack a little ways.

Last edited:
TB Ultra 9 from Silencer Shop

Form 3 -
Sent 3/7/17
Approved 4/9/2017

Form 4 -
Sent 3/10/2017
Approved [Christmas 2017??]

Dead Air Sandman-S and LWRC M6IC-A5 10.5" SBR

Form4 check cashed 6/30/16
Form 4 approved 4/6/17
in hand 4/13/17

edit... purchased off the shelf from LGS

Scott

Last edited:
I submitted four Form 4s to transfer items into a trust. The NFA branch received the package June 22, 2016, so we're at the 10-month point. Today I was told the forms were still in process. I will not be surprised if we go past a full year.

Richard

NFA Tracker is showing first week of July forms coming back. Not 100% sure on how they track them; it appears as though they go by the date the check is cashed.

I have three pending that were cashed on July 13th. So I'm really hoping in a couple weeks I'll have three or four of my eight pending forms approved and in hand.

Form 4 Individual - Brugger & Thomet TP-9
Check cashed: 7/12/16
Stamp received: 4/17/17
Ten months. Our tax dollars at work.......

Form 4 Individual - Brugger & Thomet TP-9
Check cashed: 7/12/16
Stamp received: 4/17/17
Ten months. Our tax dollars at work.......

Good news is yours is close to 41F ... nearly past the huge backlog

I hope I am close
Have 2 pending 7/18/2016

called today

now 1 approved 4/20/17, other still pending

Last edited:
I was told on 4/24 that both went pending on 7/18/16
I called today just for the hell of it and was told the one approved on 4/20/17 went pending 7/8/16
and the other one went pending on 7/18/16
He said I still had a little wait on that one
they were sent in together a couple days before the new law went in affect

The wait is starting to kill me I think! It's been a week and a half since any later dates have populated. Been holding at July 7th dates continuing to populate. Seems a bit strange to me since it had been going at close to 1:1 rate. I'd find it surprising if they had a sudden, massive jump in forms submitted. I'd expect more of a ramp-up where the dates progressed more slowly over a period of time. Heck, it actually appears that form 4 trust approval times had leveled off for about 3 weeks, coinciding with mid-late June.

One has to admit, this is an interesting display of market reaction to increased regulation. The 6-8mo after the cut-off is going to be really interesting to see

The wait is starting to kill me I think! It's been a week and a half since any later dates have populated. Been holding at July 7th dates continuing to populate. Seems a bit strange to me since it had been going at close to 1:1 rate. I'd find it surprising if they had a sudden, massive jump in forms submitted. I'd expect more of a ramp-up where the dates progressed more slowly over a period of time. Heck, it actually appears that form 4 trust approval times had leveled off for about 3 weeks, coinciding with mid-late June.

One has to admit, this is an interesting display of market reaction to increased regulation. The 6-8mo after the cut-off is going to be really interesting to see

According to multiple conversations w/ the NFA line, they did have a MASSIVE last minute surge in the final days before 41F went into effect on July 13th 2016. Just look at this ad for example: https://www.silencershop.com/41f-guarantee

Seeing 'submissions' (not checks cashed of pending) rolling in post July 13th will be a definitive turning point in wait times, in my opinion.

Once we see late-July submissions (not checked cashed or pending) rolling in, I predict that we will see wait-times start to plummet esp. for 'individual' applications.

Last edited: